Next Fixture

Witton Albion v. Northwich Victoria (PSF).
3 days 17 hours and 17 minutes

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Pritch

Pritch 2 years 2 months ago #1

• Baggie
  • Baggie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premier League
  • Premier League
  • Thank you received: 5
Following their relegation Conwy Borough and Manager Brian Pritchard have today parted company.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Club Shop Online

Check out the great range of goods on sale at the Witton Albion Club Shop.

Pritch 2 years 2 months ago #2

• jonnyamery
  • Football Hero
  • Football Hero
  • Its a grand old team to play for!
  • Thank you received: 144
This is probably the best time to hold my hands up and say, I was completely wrong and should have trusted the panel that chose our current management team. They took a lot of shit for their decision, but looking at current standings they were completely correct. Thank you whoever the panel were and apologies for doubting you.
Reach for the stars
And if you don't grab 'em,
At least you'll fall on top of the world
Think about it
The following user(s) said Thank You: vi8, Thatched tavern, TWSfooty, joheffey

Pritch 2 years 2 months ago #3

Very big of you Jonny . I was on the panel and tried passionately to defend our decision and respond to comments on here . It could have gone the other way too after all it's sport and anything can happen , but after what was put in front of us that day there was no other choice in my mine and others minds . . Also at that time it had to be the right one or we were in very serious trouble . Thank you again for your comment , it's all history now and the club move on and upwards on Saturday hopefully.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thatched tavern

Pritch 2 years 2 months ago #4

• WHS
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Just call me "WHS"
  • Thank you received: 164
I was against letting Pritch manage the team right from the start. He was successful at first but all managers fail eventually and I was worried that what has happened would happen, we have lost Pritch for good. Say what you like, he was an amazing servant of this club.
WHS.
I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

Pritch 2 years 2 months ago #5

i have a lot of respect for brian but cant understand that just because he did'nt get the job he's turned so bitter against the club.it was'nt as if he was sacked first time around,he left.

Pritch 2 years 2 months ago #6

• WHS
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Just call me "WHS"
I have heard two sides to the story, it is a "He said" then "He said" situation. We may never know all the facts and I think Brian has overreacted, but that is his decision.I don't go into it in the book as I don't know all the facts. I think we should let it lie.
WHS.
I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

Pritch 2 years 2 months ago #7

I'm sure people would argue Bill Shankly , Bob Paisley and Alex Ferguson didn't eventually fail

Pritch 2 years 2 months ago #8

• W.O
  • Semi-Pro
  • Semi-Pro
  • Thank you received: 13
always new Carl would do a good job;)

Pritch 2 years 2 months ago #9

I have to say I thought Pritch would be our manager for the rest of my days BUT him having walked away (and Super Mike too) due to his work commitments I really for his sake didn't want him to get the job back and was delighted when Carl was appointed. Such a shame for Pritch that they all left Barnton I went a few times including when they were promoted and he was as passionate as ever. He will always be a Witton Legend and I had no idea that he wasn't at Widnes and was at Conwy. God bless him for all he has done for us in the past and it would be a real pleasure to see him anytime in the future at the Netdec.

Pritch 2 years 2 months ago #10

We should never call or question Pritch on here He was immense for us as a player, manager and much more, its heartbreaking that he fell out with the club ( the fans have never fell out with him though ) and it does not need raking up again. Sorry it did not work out for Him so far but He will find a club that fits his style and I hope He gets it right ,He has a lot to offer the right club.
Witton Albion for Life UTA

Pritch 2 years 2 months ago #11

• WHS
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Just call me "WHS"
Pritch was rightly called "Mr Witton" but the managers mentioned are very much the exception, not the rule.
WHS.

Pritch 2 years 2 months ago #12

Done and dusted. All water under the bridge. Sorry for Pritch and all that but hey ho = that's football. We've moved on (or should have!) and we've got more important things to deal with. UTA!
WAFC Supporters Club - Otley Branch

Pritch 2 years 2 months ago #13

• WHS
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Just call me "WHS"
That was why I never wanted Pritch to be the manager, he should have just gone on the Board, had he done so he would still be with us. Maybe one day he will come back, I hope so, but as you say we have more important things to concentrate on now!
WHS.

Pritch 2 years 2 months ago #14

Pritch will always be remembered as MR WITTON. What magnificent servant he was to the club. All Witton fans will have fond memories of him.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vi8, Knutsfordian, Thatched tavern

Pritch 2 years 2 months ago #15

The way the situation with Pritch was handled
left a lot to be desired. However the current management team have more than proved that the right decision was made. I understand why some people were upset but it's time to move on and support the team. There is a good feeling around the club at the moment. Long may it continue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: albion forever

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds