Next Fixture

Vauxhall Motors v. Witton Albion (PSF).
1 days 14 hours and 38 minutes

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: JON DAWSON

JON DAWSON 3 years 3 months ago #46

  • GE
  • GE's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 610
  • Thank you received: 85
It is indeed sad to see Jon Dawson not playing for Witton again under the current management team. Perhaps we can take
him on loan next season ;)
As for the arguments about whose decision has resulted in this - and football supporters of every Club will have to apportion blame to someone -
it is interesting to see 'Upthealbs' suggesting there should be changes from top to bottom.
Having been there and been part of the blame culture some years ago now, you do get p'd off to read these sort of comments but UTA's comments
would be more acceptable if he/she would fill the boots of one of the current incumbents.
It is more sad that Witton are losing Neil Wilson for example - with respect to Jon Dawson, there'll be someone else playing No.3 on Saturday - there
won't be a queue of people volunteering to take Neil's role on. Someone else who has been vilified for decisions made by the Board, but he doesn't
get paid, he hasn't had a Topic named after him, he hasn't been told he's on £5 less next week for keeping Witton's financial situation
squeaky clean.
'Changes from top to bottom' - be careful what you wish for - look at our tenants to see what could happen.

I read 1874 forum with interest and, often, admiration that they were forced into starting a new Club because they didn't trust their past Chairman.
Of course Wittoners wouldn't want to start a new Club because we don't trust our Chairman (perhaps not agree with some decisions but eh, that's life),
but,tbh, I don't think our supporters have got enough balls if we were forced into the situation the ex-Vics fans found themselves in.

Rant over, going to bed. And with a tribute to the late, great Ronnie Corbett, it's goodnight from me & it's goodnight from him.

GE
The following user(s) said Thank You: vi8, Thatched tavern

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

JON DAWSON 3 years 3 months ago #47

G E wrote: It is indeed sad to see Jon Dawson not playing for Witton again under the current management team. Perhaps we can take
him on loan next season ;)
As for the arguments about whose decision has resulted in this - and football supporters of every Club will have to apportion blame to someone -
it is interesting to see 'Upthealbs' suggesting there should be changes from top to bottom.
Having been there and been part of the blame culture some years ago now, you do get p'd off to read these sort of comments but UTA's comments
would be more acceptable if he/she would fill the boots of one of the current incumbents.
It is more sad that Witton are losing Neil Wilson for example - with respect to Jon Dawson, there'll be someone else playing No.3 on Saturday - there
won't be a queue of people volunteering to take Neil's role on. Someone else who has been vilified for decisions made by the Board, but he doesn't
get paid, he hasn't had a Topic named after him, he hasn't been told he's on £5 less next week for keeping Witton's financial situation
squeaky clean.
'Changes from top to bottom' - be careful what you wish for - look at our tenants to see what could happen.

I read 1874 forum with interest and, often, admiration that they were forced into starting a new Club because they didn't trust their past Chairman.
Of course Wittoners wouldn't want to start a new Club because we don't trust our Chairman (perhaps not agree with some decisions but eh, that's life),
but,tbh, I don't think our supporters have got enough balls if we were forced into the situation the ex-Vics fans found themselves in.

Rant over, going to bed. And with a tribute to the late, great Ronnie Corbett, it's goodnight from me & it's goodnight from him.

GE


Entirely agree with everything you say GE apart from the last para, you'd be surprised how many Wittoners do actually have the balls to do something if we were forced into a situation like Vics were. The simple fact is there isn't enough of us, according to some at the club there isn't enough of us as it is anyway when we're all together. So prob best if we stick together as best we can before some are forced into a situation we don't want to see or need.

On that note it is goodnight from me too. UTA and god bless Ronnie.
If I had the wings of a sparrow...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

JON DAWSON 3 years 3 months ago #48

zicoharper i am not trying to dicredit him that is what was said he was on hoilday for 2 games then was working next 3 saturday as he could earn more money jon is a great lad honest and reliable but that is what was said .jon always give 100% when he plays the point im trying to make is everybodys blaming the board /manager about the cuts . saying he left for the sake of 30 quid when that isnt the full story nobody wants to see jon go its was up to him we would all love for him to stay but that not happened .the way some people go on we will be lucky to have a manager /board next season because if it was me i would be sick of trying to do the right thing and getting slated at every turn.if they dont cut cost wheres the money if they do why are people leaving .its a football club but still needs to run as a bussiness (zicoharper as i said love jon to bits only saying what was said)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thatched tavern

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

JON DAWSON 3 years 3 months ago #49

GE you really wouldn't want me there. I'm far too outspoken for most here clearly.

The point is something isn't working and hasn't been for some time. Until the club fix that it will never move forward.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

JON DAWSON 3 years 3 months ago #50

My issue with your posts UTA is that I don't think your correct and have not based your comments on all the information. As a consequence you incite argument and dissent where there needn't be any. If you really think that something is wrong at our club - and you know how to fix it and have the balls to do it - go to the AGM and request to be elected to the board.

GE is quite right about Neil. One of the finest servants this club has ever had. A man with total integrity and honesty has become disaffected by sniping from people who really should know a lot better. Whilst he kept the lowest of profiles, he will be missed far more than any player past or present.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vi8, John Evans, Thatched tavern

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

JON DAWSON 3 years 3 months ago #51

I simply come on here to share my opinion and spark debate not incite argument. However this is a forum and I have no requirement to justify myself to you. If it is your wish why don't you seek to have me banned from this forum. But doing that would set a dangerous precedence.

There are other fans who share my views and agree with some of my opinions. But here we are again. I dare to question anything at the club and you quickly seek to vilify me.

I'm not a shareholder so wouldn't be at an AGM. Nor have I got access to the funds required to get onto the board (that's what it takes these days no?). However I know enough to make me ask questions.

Basically what I glean from some of these comments is that because I refuse to accept some of the things that go on and dare to question aspects of the club I'm a troublemaker?
The easy option would be to throw out the teddy and stay off here but this club is suffering from an epidemic of 'put up or shut up'. I pay my admission fee. I've done enough for the club over the years in my own time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

JON DAWSON 3 years 3 months ago #52

I may think you talk some Tosh UTA but you are entitled to your opinion, my main problem with your posts is that they are just black and white, we all know the club has had a bad 2-3 years and we are all hurting but to just damn the Chairman and board for everything is in my opinion unfair and wrong, sure they can do more and do better ( Yes they have made mistakes ) but they need more help and We struggle to find the right people in this respect, its much better to roll your sleeves up and help the club improve and no you dont have to put money in but every bit of help in whatever way, helping on the pitch, sell programmes, painting, any commercial activity etc etc all helps keep our costs down and allows us to spend money on the players to improve our performances-thats what we all want surely isnt it ?
Witton Albion for Life UTA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

JON DAWSON 3 years 3 months ago #53

Thanks Colin. You know what I will give it some thought because you are right the club does need all the help it can get.
Not at Scarborough tomorrow but will seriously consider what I could do

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

JON DAWSON 3 years 3 months ago #54

  • WHS
  • WHS's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Just call me "WHS"
  • Posts: 5882
  • Karma: -117
  • Thank you received: 164
I feel great empathy for UTA. When I posted on here regularly I got a right old pasting at times. I am staying away because once again my club have made a decision that I feel is totally alien to its ethos of being a nice friendly club. From trying to cover up an assault to giving an out and out racist a second chance (Which he naturally spurned) to signing a well known cheat and allowing a criminal to help fund the club and then doing the dirty on the wonderful Brian Pritchard this club over the past few years has certainly lost its way. When it returns to its rightful position of being a wonderful family club then I too will return to help in any way I can.
There UTA, that should draw some flack off you!!
WHS.
I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: eligorton, Upthealbs

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

JON DAWSON 3 years 3 months ago #55

this club has great history and a lot of people who give up there time free of charge to help the club . from the the ground staff (working all hour god send in all weather)to the stewards (jo moping changing room as well)to pauline and tracy.andrea/ being match day secrecary/neil finance/ some of the management team and the fan all helping the club to go forward .but some people just want to rock the apple cart as much as they can . dont see many people coming forward for the 3 vancant positions at the club. without these being filled the club will struggle .lots of people moaning about money the finance job is up for grabs why dont some of the people moaning apply for it (see if you can keep the club on the straight and narrow). we all need to pull together and stop slagging the board/mangement ect( WHS you make some coments above how did the club did the dirty on pritchard he went for the job didnt get it that life .carl done a good job with what he has)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

JON DAWSON 3 years 3 months ago #56

WHS wrote: I feel great empathy for UTA. When I posted on here regularly I got a right old pasting at times. I am staying away because once again my club have made a decision that I feel is totally alien to its ethos of being a nice friendly club. From trying to cover up an assault to giving an out and out racist a second chance (Which he naturally spurned) to signing a well known cheat and allowing a criminal to help fund the club and then doing the dirty on the wonderful Brian Pritchard this club over the past few years has certainly lost its way. When it returns to its rightful position of being a wonderful family club then I too will return to help in any way I can.
There UTA, that should draw some flack off you!!
WHS.


Well if Jesus does return to Earth lets hope he fancies running Witton Albion and gets us back on the right track
AMEN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

JON DAWSON 3 years 3 months ago #57

Totally agree WHS.

Sorry that Neil Wilson has decided to step down - Decent honest guy who deserves nothing but praise for his services - but his dad did warn him not to get too involved !

I feel sure there a couple of supporters with young blood and a good business acumen just waiting to get their teeth into restoring this club back to where it belongs !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

JON DAWSON 3 years 3 months ago #58

damage wrote: this club has great history and a lot of people who give up there time free of charge to help the club . from the the ground staff (working all hour god send in all weather)to the stewards (jo moping changing room as well)to pauline and tracy.andrea/ being match day secrecary/neil finance/ some of the management team and the fan all helping the club to go forward .but some people just want to rock the apple cart as much as they can . dont see many people coming forward for the 3 vancant positions at the club. without these being filled the club will struggle .lots of people moaning about money the finance job is up for grabs why dont some of the people moaning apply for it (see if you can keep the club on the straight and narrow). we all need to pull together and stop slagging the board/mangement ect( WHS you make some coments above how did the club did the dirty on pritchard he went for the job didnt get it that life .carl done a good job with what he has)


I think I can just about read this despite your best attempts not to put it in English.

Ask yourself why people aren't coming forward?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

JON DAWSON 3 years 3 months ago #59

UTA - bite the bullet, volunteer yourself and help to make a difference!!

Those who want success, but don't want, to be part of something and don't want to be a supporter, will always find a different excuse - WHS seems to find a new one every day!! get over it !!

We need to start the new season as one team - on and off the pitch and to stop this sniping. If you can;t add anything to the club and you are not in a position to make any changes, then attacking folks who are doing their best isn't helping anyone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

JON DAWSON 3 years 3 months ago #60

  • WHS
  • WHS's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Just call me "WHS"
  • Posts: 5882
  • Karma: -117
  • Thank you received: 164
I simply have a view of my club being an honest, genuine and friendly family club, it isn't at the moment, one only has to read the comments on here to know that. As for your comment on the PRITCH affair. You have obviously not heard his version and I have to say I am more likely to believe him.
Yes I do find things within the club tgat drive me away, but I am not the only one and I am not a fair weather supporter, results do not drive me away for long but the decisions I have mentionedvdamn well do.
WHS.
I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds