Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

PRESS RELEASE - NEW MANAGER APPOINTED 4 years 9 months ago #76

• WHEELS
  • WHEELS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1267
The forum has its good points but we all need to support the Board, Management & Players more so than ever.
The following user(s) said Thank You: albion forever

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

PRESS RELEASE - NEW MANAGER APPOINTED 4 years 9 months ago #77

I dont get it, I support Witton Albion regardless of what division we are in, who the manager is and who the chairman is its "my club" I might not like a chairman or a manager but I dont care what they do or say because I support the Albs and I know that all managers, players and directors leave eventually leaving us fans to carry on. Echo many others on here We need to get behind Carl for the good of the club.
Witton Albion for Life UTA
The following user(s) said Thank You: albion forever, joheffey

PRESS RELEASE - NEW MANAGER APPOINTED 4 years 9 months ago #78

The point CJ is that there comes a time when you get tired of being fed bulls##t. How can a man who is nothing more than mediocre as a manager get the job over someone who has won us promotion recently. This shows me that the club have zero ambition.

But this isn't the first time we've been here. We weren't exacrly jumping for joy when Harris let the slime share our ground. And we are not seing the benefits from this extra revenue as we can't seem to attract many decent players to the club. We are going backwards under Harris and this board and nobody can deny that. We are likely to be in a relegation battle based on current form and we've got a manager coming in with not an ounce of success to his name. But you lot on here just go through the same old motions.

FYI Matt Cat - if I had the money to buy in I would put up. but to be honest looking at the pedigree of those making decisions for our club I'd rather work with chimps than work with them.

I stopped coming on this forum a while back because I grew tired of certain gobshi#tes not accepting anyone's else's opinion. And yet here we are again. You know who you are and you are welcome to the club.

Breaks my heart to walk away but I've got no faith left in anything to do with Witton Albion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ME, eligorton, V.M.M.P, Greg

PRESS RELEASE - NEW MANAGER APPOINTED 4 years 9 months ago #79

I don't think that anybody can deny that Upthealbs has made some of the most sensible comments on here for a long time. Calm, measured, factual arguments.

Of course we are all Wittoners, and of course we all care. But simply nodding along to every mind-boggling decision that the board makes does not make you a bigger more loyal Wittoner than those that speak out against these decisions.

If people feel they have to stop coming to games and following the club then that shouldn't be criticised. It should be highlighted as the absolute tradgedy that it is. Nobody should be made to feel that they don't wish to spend their Saturdays doing something that they've previously loved.

I loved Carl as a player, and on that basis i hope that he does well. The facts do suggest though that he has very little pedigree as a manager. And he is being asked to perform miracles to rouse us from our current slump.

Its a hard task for anyone.

I understand that the budget we currently have is bigger than all but a handful of clubs in this division - yet we're languishing in an awful position in the league.

The budget we began the season with was significantly larger than that which Pritch had when taking us up, playing some of the best football we have seen in a long time, and providing us with a very good FA Cup run.

Yet he was interviewed for the manager position last week and lost out to somebody who's most recent managerial record reads 'played 36, won 5'. How does that happen? He interviewed better than Pritch? So we don't go on ability as a manager now, or what an individual can bring to the club, we just go on how well they answer a series of questions? Blimey, a few of us could have got it on that basis!

People can't be criticised for asking 'why'. Its a natural reaction, especially after asking 'why' when the last 2 managers were apponted, and seeing those fail miserably inside a matter of months.

I'm still curious as to why we put out an inaccurate press release that claims Carl took Vauxhall to promotion? I hope he wasn't appointed on that basis!!

So whether people are going to matches or putting money into the club, is irrelevant. If they are on here asking 'why' then they clearly care. You don't have to go to every game to be a football fan. You go when you can, or when you have the inclination to, and you put your hand in your pocket when you can or when you want to. Thats football at ANY level.

People care though, and that why we are all on here ranting and raving.

I love Witton Albion FC, and i have done since i was a kid. I've seen highs and lows as much as anybody else has. But i have never know a point in our histroy where so many people - GOOD people - have been pushed to the point of generally not giving a toss about this club. HOW has this been allowed to happen? Why is nobody associated with the club trying to turn this around?

4th in the Premier division to this inside 3 seasons. Only at Witton.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ME, eligorton, LordSidney, Witton_Albion_fc, YAZZY97, albion forever, Woody, V.M.M.P, Greg

PRESS RELEASE - NEW MANAGER APPOINTED 4 years 9 months ago #80

PS - Good luck Carl.

UTA and all that.

PRESS RELEASE - NEW MANAGER APPOINTED 4 years 9 months ago #81

One of the best most heart felt posts ever Robbo. Thank you.

(the big one before that wasn't bad either) ;)

Last edit: by Witton_Albion_fc.

PRESS RELEASE - NEW MANAGER APPOINTED 4 years 9 months ago #82

Great post Robbo. Echo those thoughts entirely

PRESS RELEASE - NEW MANAGER APPOINTED 4 years 9 months ago #83

Why are people so sure that Pritch would be the best candidate? If you were not present in the interviews you can not know. How do you know he wont throw in the towel in a few months and say sorry I made a mistake coming back and leaves for personal reasons and we will be looking for another manager again? I am pretty sure Carl must have some good contacts and knowledge being as he works for Liverpool.
Also I see the comment asking why we are not able to attract top players with the revenue that we have - I was contacted by a player last night who is quitting Witton and says that himself and other players, past and present are dismayed at what they read on this forum. Why would people want to come to Witton if they come on here and read this crap.

Who are you all by the way? Can you not use your names if you are as passionate about witton and knowledged as you say?? Why be cloak and dagger and use your alias names? If you are happy to insult the chairman and the board at least have the balls to show them who you are.

PRESS RELEASE - NEW MANAGER APPOINTED 4 years 9 months ago #84

i have read lots of comments on here some i agree and some i don't lets get behind carl i watched a few games at Vauxhalls when carl was manager they played the ball on the ground and played some good football againist teams with bigger budgets like stockport and boston so i hope from Saturday we have a win to get the up the table before Radcliffe in a big game in the fa trophy

PRESS RELEASE - NEW MANAGER APPOINTED 4 years 9 months ago #85

joheffey wrote: Why are people so sure that Pritch would be the best candidate? If you were not present in the interviews you can not know. How do you know he wont throw in the towel in a few months and say sorry I made a mistake coming back and leaves for personal reasons and we will be looking for another manager again? I am pretty sure Carl must have some good contacts and knowledge being as he works for Liverpool.
Also I see the comment asking why we are not able to attract top players with the revenue that we have - I was contacted by a player last night who is quitting Witton and says that himself and other players, past and present are dismayed at what they read on this forum. Why would people want to come to Witton if they come on here and read this crap.

Who are you all by the way? Can you not use your names if you are as passionate about witton and knowledged as you say?? Why be cloak and dagger and use your alias names? If you are happy to insult the chairman and the board at least have the balls to show them who you are.

Probably explains why we keep giving away leads. No backbone.

But seriously, you actually think this is the real reason? Come on... :lol:
When it's Rainford it's Rainford.

PRESS RELEASE - NEW MANAGER APPOINTED 4 years 9 months ago #86

ghost11 wrote: i have read lots of comments on here some i agree and some i don't lets get behind carl i watched a few games at Vauxhalls when carl was manager they played the ball on the ground and played some good football againist teams with bigger budgets like stockport and boston so i hope from Saturday we have a win to get the up the table before Radcliffe in a big game in the fa trophy

Stockport were in Conference North season after Vauxhall resigned.

This is part of the problem. Inaccuracies. As I've said in a previous post there is no sign of Carl on the Liverpool Foundation website?? What's the deal there?

And players leaving because of what's on a forum? What a load of rubbish. what next, players leaving because someone has a moan at them from the stand on matchday? What then Jo, do we ask all fans to stop saying anything on the terraces unless it's polite applause and compliments.

I've loyally supporter Witton for years. Given money to Tracey every week, supported off the field events and even helped out when the club have requested it doing some odd jobs over the years. I've earned my right to comment. If you don't like it feel free to disagree but don't try to silence me.

PRESS RELEASE - NEW MANAGER APPOINTED 4 years 9 months ago #87

its one of the reasons . . didnt say it was the main one. Its coming from them directly . . . they are disgusted with it.

I am outta here!! Had enough of reading all this tosh now. Good luck to all of you who are no longer coming to Witton. All the best for the future. To those who are still coming see you Saturday.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thatched tavern

PRESS RELEASE - NEW MANAGER APPOINTED 4 years 9 months ago #88

the game I want to in conf north was against stockport on a Tuesday night Vauxhalls won one nil if I remember sorry for the inaccuracys

PRESS RELEASE - NEW MANAGER APPOINTED 4 years 9 months ago #89

Its is all well and good insulting the board ! and yes of course everyone is entitled to an opinion-But it does appear some have an agenda on here and look at every point/decision to have a go at the Chairman and the board, re the Manager I would probably have gone for Pritch looking on but I was not in the interview and I do not know the reasons for choosing Carl but a 5 man panel made the decision not the Chairman. The only negative really stems from the football side and we have struggled since Pritch resigned and even did during some of his tenure but do you think the Chairman and board want to pick a manager who does not work out, the chairman and his family put a lot of time effort and money into this club and I BELIEVE make decisions for the best of the club ! agreed some over the recent period have not worked out and of course I am as disappointed as the next man. However I disagree on walking away, by all means withdraw support for the board if thats how you feel but to stop watching the team never for Me, it is not going to stop Me, I have have not liked a few Chairman, Directors and managers in the past in fact hated a few but at no point did I stop watching the team- If you feel that strongly then maybe form a small group and ask to meet the Chairman ! I dont believe He will object and try to talk it through with Him because We all want the same result a successful club and team and We have more chance if We are pulling together, I have found Mark approachable and I have challenged him in the past and He has been honest and open, Is that not better than Criticism on here and withdrawing support for the club I guess we all love ? Yes we can disagree but it is My experience that working from within to help and make change is more effective than Moaning and throwing insults around.
Witton Albion for Life UTA
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thatched tavern, albion forever, joheffey

PRESS RELEASE - NEW MANAGER APPOINTED 4 years 9 months ago #90

Surprised it has taken you this long see what goes on at the helm ! :whistle:

Eli who ?

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds