Next Fixture

Witton Albion v. Southport (PSF).
5 days 02 hours and 48 minutes

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

PRESS RELEASE - NEW MANAGER APPOINTED 4 years 9 months ago #16

Robbo_ wrote: To be fair, Marine only survived after getting shot of Carl last year - and even we beat them!

Would be interesting to see Carl's win ratio as a manager.

To be fair he did have matt Cooper in goal! :whistle:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

PRESS RELEASE - NEW MANAGER APPOINTED 4 years 9 months ago #17

Robbo_ wrote:

C.J. wrote: on balance I would have liked Pritch back personally but maybe its too soon for Him

Failed the interview process unfortunately. I know he wanted it though.

Strange... :unsure:

PRESS RELEASE - NEW MANAGER APPOINTED 4 years 9 months ago #18

How does Brian Pritchard interview for the job (he shouldn't of even had to do this!) and not get it - the mind boggles.

Harris and the board have dropped the ball here, big time.
When it's Rainford it's Rainford.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greg

PRESS RELEASE - NEW MANAGER APPOINTED 4 years 9 months ago #19

Strange, lack-lustre appointment for me. Have we not learned from the 2 previous managers that were appointed?! i just simply cannot believe that Carl is a better appointment than Pritch - Pritch knows the club, knows our key players, understands what the fans want, and cares deeply about WAFC.

Who actually makes the decision? Is it a board vote? Is it Mark? Is there a selection panel? I really worry for us now, hope Carl proves me wrong...

PRESS RELEASE - NEW MANAGER APPOINTED 4 years 9 months ago #20

Welcome to Witton Carl

UTA

PRESS RELEASE - NEW MANAGER APPOINTED 4 years 9 months ago #21

Welcome back Carl !!

Time to pull together and move forward.
The following user(s) said Thank You: albion forever

PRESS RELEASE - NEW MANAGER APPOINTED 4 years 9 months ago #22

• V.M.M.P
  • Premier League
  • Premier League
  • Thank you received: 20

Oh When The Albs wrote: Strange, lack-lustre appointment for me. Have we not learned from the 2 previous managers that were appointed?! i just simply cannot believe that Carl is a better appointment than Pritch - Pritch knows the club, knows our key players, understands what the fans want, and cares deeply about WAFC.

Who actually makes the decision? Is it a board vote? Is it Mark? Is there a selection panel? I really worry for us now, hope Carl proves me wrong...

Isn't it about time we interviewed for Harris' role? (Wait for the "this is what Harris has done for us" brigade to commence fire...!)

PRESS RELEASE - NEW MANAGER APPOINTED 4 years 9 months ago #23

WHEELS wrote: He began his managerial career at Vauxhall Motors, guiding them to Step 2 of the non-league pyramid during a five year spell before moving on to Chester as assistant manager

Can we confirm if this is the case, as everything i can find on the internet says it was Owen Brown who was manager when they were promoted to the Conf North and not Carl?

PRESS RELEASE - NEW MANAGER APPOINTED 4 years 9 months ago #24

• WHEELS
  • WHEELS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1267
I only posted the "Press Release" from the Chairman.

PRESS RELEASE - NEW MANAGER APPOINTED 4 years 9 months ago #25

• Woody
  • International
  • International
  • Thank you received: 64
They were already in Conference north when he took over. Finished 12th once then in and around the relegation places the other 4 seasons he was there.

PRESS RELEASE - NEW MANAGER APPOINTED 4 years 9 months ago #26

• Johno
  • International
  • International
  • Thank you received: 98
When will this club learn????? Yet another gamble for me. Very disappointed, just hope it pays off for everyone's sake.

PRESS RELEASE - NEW MANAGER APPOINTED 4 years 9 months ago #27

reissing87 wrote: How does Brian Pritchard interview for the job (he shouldn't of even had to do this!) and not get it - the mind boggles.

I don't understand this at all!

OK you lot laugh at my expense but if Pritch hadn't have failed the interview process then he would have got the job for sure

Let's welcome the new manager and get behind him and hop he doesn't get the push after 10 games :whistle:

PRESS RELEASE - NEW MANAGER APPOINTED 4 years 9 months ago #28

I'm not exactly blown away by the appointment, but obviously I wish him all the very best.

It makes me wonder whether the new manager told the interviewers of false achievements, it would appear that nobody has bothered to check!

PRESS RELEASE - NEW MANAGER APPOINTED 4 years 9 months ago #29

I cannot believe that Pritch failed the interview ! more that Carl impressed more given the circumstances ! I am sure that Pritch was strongly considered He is that well respected at the club - Maybe it was too soon after His leaving the club ? I dont know that for sure just my conjecture, whatever We must get behind Carl if we want him to succeed surely, lets not make it even harder for Him. It would be really nice to see Pritch back at the club though in some role He has such passion and energy for the club.
Witton Albion for Life UTA

PRESS RELEASE - NEW MANAGER APPOINTED 4 years 9 months ago #30

I have got to say there seems to be a lot of negativity on here. Lets give the guy a warm welcome and plenty of support. I am sure that Mark Harris and the board found it a very difficult decision after interviewing their shortlist. And people who think they can do a better job of running the club well you are more than welcome to come in and invest a few grand here and there to keep the club afloat cos Im damn sure the current gates are not doing so. Do the maths.
It is time to move forward. All this negativity is green and white behaviour!! UTA
The following user(s) said Thank You: albion forever, Matt Cat, postyred

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds