Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New signings?

New signings? 5 years 3 months ago #16

• Picko
  • Football Hero
  • Football Hero
  • Thank you received: 7

C.J. wrote: I get it Pritch has been in secret training lost a couple of stone - he's got a song ?

Joking aside Colin I bumped into Pritch yesterday and he's lost more than a couple of stone, looks fitter than when he played and healthy. Looks younger than his 40 years :) I think he's a lot happier now he can sleep at night!
The hardest part about moving on is learning not to look back!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New signings? 5 years 3 months ago #17

Good on him, lets hope we see him down at WP soon as a supporter ! Mind you that can be stressful too !
Witton Albion for Life UTA

New signings? 5 years 3 months ago #18

Is it jason gallacher or steve tobin

New signings? 5 years 3 months ago #19

Ha ha Jason permatan ! But not as daft as the rumours today namely Platt or Shaw, hardly crowd favourites were they, hopefully something better on the horizon to build on the performance today.
UTA

New signings? 5 years 3 months ago #20

Prepare to be dissappointed c.j

New signings? 5 years 3 months ago #21

• Johno
  • International
  • International
  • Thank you received: 98
Surely mark wouldn't sanction the signings of either shaw or platt ??????

New signings? 5 years 3 months ago #22

Nothing would surprise me ! It does our manager no favours if it comes true, he needs the fans on his side this would not help one bit.

New signings? 5 years 3 months ago #23

Yes, its much better to play fullbacks and centrehalves in midfield than actually sign some midfielders.

bangwall

New signings? 5 years 3 months ago #24

• Johno
  • International
  • International
  • Thank you received: 98
We all know we need midfielders just not shaw and platt. They weren't good enough last time so what's changed?????

New signings? 5 years 3 months ago #25

100 percent agree but they need to be half decent, we have seen them both and neither were very good to say the least, in fact the 3 in mid today were effective and better options for sure, we need to move forward not backwards. If they are the best we can get we may as well give up and I'm not alone in that opinion !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johno

Last edit: by C.J..

New signings? 5 years 3 months ago #26

Whilst i'm sure Witton will be top of Steven Gerrard's list of prospective clubs if he chooses not to renew his Liverpool contract, in the meantime we have a glaring hole in our squad that needs filling with players that are a) available, b) affordable, and c) willing to come to Witton and play for a team deep in a relegation dogfight.

A week ago we were all moaning at Barnes being played in midfield, now we're unhappy that we MIGHT sign certain players who naturally play in the position in which we are most lacking.

Obviously i'm keeping my fingers crossed that Yaya Toure will be in the squad on Tuesday, but if that deal falls through i'll take small improvements in the squad for the time being.

Last season Pritch had to try out a lot of duds upfront before we finally got Titch back in. But you work with what you can bring in until you are able to bring in someone better. And as you know better than most CJ, that's how football at this level works.

November isn't a great time to be trying to attract players.

And to be honest, in Joe Shaw's case at least, he's always done well against us for Trafford and was unlucky to suffer a seriously injury when he signed for us therefore never doing himself justice as an Albion player. He is also a top bloke and is probably the kind of guy that the current dressing room needs. The first time we signed him it was considered something of a coup too.

Maybe we should wait to see how he or any other player actually does for us before we start laying into them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul S

New signings? 5 years 3 months ago #27

Thought our midfield was excellent today, the most organised its been all season for me
If I had the wings of a sparrow...

New signings? 5 years 3 months ago #28

Paul S wrote: Thought our midfield was excellent today, the most organised its been all season for me

Square pegs in square holes. Long may it continue.

New signings? 5 years 3 months ago #29

Robbo_ wrote: Whilst i'm sure Witton will be top of Steven Gerrard's list of prospective clubs if he chooses not to renew his Liverpool contract, in the meantime we have a glaring hole in our squad that needs filling with players that are a) available, b) affordable, and c) willing to come to Witton and play for a team deep in a relegation dogfight.
A week ago we were all moaning at Barnes being played in midfield, now we're unhappy that we MIGHT sign certain players who naturally play in the position in which we are most lacking.
Obviously i'm keeping my fingers crossed that Yaya Toure will be in the squad on Tuesday, but if that deal falls through i'll take small improvements in the squad for the time being.
Last season Pritch had to try out a lot of duds upfront before we finally got Titch back in. But you work with what you can bring in until you are able to bring in someone better. And as you know better than most CJ, that's how football at this level works.
November isn't a great time to be trying to attract players.
And to be honest, in Joe Shaw's case at least, he's always done well against us for Trafford and was unlucky to suffer a seriously injury when he signed for us therefore never doing himself justice as an Albion player. He is also a top bloke and is probably the kind of guy that the current dressing room needs. The first time we signed him it was considered something of a coup too.
Maybe we should wait to see how he or any other player actually does for us before we start laying into them.

Jordan Henderson might get a game but I think we're ok atm
If I had the wings of a sparrow...

New signings? 5 years 3 months ago #30

Like you say Robbo Joe is a top lad and he was just starting to fit into the team when he got injured. If he can stay clear of injury he will be an asset.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robbo_

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds