Next Fixture

Witton Albion v. Northwich Victoria (PSF).
3 days 17 hours and 16 minutes

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Liam for England (again)

Re: Liam for England (again) 11 years 4 months ago #16

Well, we went to Exeter and made it back in one piece! It was well worth the trip and Exeter City were great hosts. Thanks to GE for the tickets that allowed us to get into one of the lounges, very nice! The 2 days were very eventful and involved getting blocked in at Wetherspoons car park yesterday morning, a woman reversing into the middle of a roundabout, the head steward walking us round to a different stand so we could get near the tunnel, a few things that can't be mentioned on here, and bumping into Steve Burr at the services on the way home (he was obviously very complimentary about Mr Connett!)!!!

The game itself was ok, end to end, and quite a few chances. Didn't rate Fleetwood very much but it was only one game. Liam had a decent enough game, looked a bit nervous at the start but by the end looked very comfortable. He made a couple of brilliant last ditch challenges near the end that ensured England won. Personally, I think England's style of play didn't particularly suit him as he wasn't able to get forward but there's no reason why he won't make the next squad. Me and Robbo had a quiet word in Steve Burr's ear anyway to make sure!
Thinks Pritch's head is upside down!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Liam for England (again) 11 years 4 months ago #17

Flicking the ball past Cronin with the outside of his foot, the ball hit the left hand post before agonisingly rolling across the goal.

Credit to Liam, as he was the defender who then cleared the ball off the line before a Welsh attacker could pounce on the loose ball.

Re: Liam for England (again) 11 years 4 months ago #18

• Picko
  • Picko's Avatar Topic Author
  • Football Hero
  • Football Hero
  • Thank you received: 7
There is a video on the FA website saying highlights of the game but I can't get it to work not sure if its my PC or the video is a dud.
The hardest part about moving on is learning not to look back!!

Re: Liam for England (again) 11 years 4 months ago #19

I've just watched it Picko so it must be your PC!

If you do manage to watch it, me and Robbo are in the corner where the England players are celebrating the 2nd goal! Fame at last!
Thinks Pritch's head is upside down!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds