2 days 14 hours and 32 minutes

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Car Parking at the Ground 13 years 6 months ago #16

yes good idea, ive seen one or two witton fans that could
volunteer to be piggies. ;D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Car Parking at the Ground 13 years 6 months ago #17

• GE
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 88
Rod Thornley could be the piggy - certain person(s) are always on his back. ;D

Re: Car Parking at the Ground 13 years 6 months ago #18

It must be something that started during Rods youth, I played against his brother last Sunday and he got on EVERYONES back.

Re: Car Parking at the Ground 13 years 6 months ago #19

If we are not now moving to Moss Farm are we to presume we are staying put as the chairman stated that moving to Moss Farm was the only one he was prepared to consider ?
If so then something needs to be done as regards decent car parking if we are to attract new supporters. Towing cars off grass and stepping in pools of water are not the way to impress potential new speccies. I think the pitch drains into the carpark at the Lostock End so any development of that car park could be costly. Also do the car parking facilities affect the criteria for acceptance into a higher league ?

Re: Car Parking at the Ground 13 years 6 months ago #20

• WHS
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Just call me "WHS"
  • Thank you received: 164
To GE,
You ought to know me better than to think I would hide behind an assumed name!!!! I may be wrong on many things but I am not ashamed to put my name to my opinions, everyone knows WHS is Alan Lowe, if they didn't, they know now.
WHS.
I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

Re: Car Parking at the Ground 13 years 6 months ago #21

We have better car parking facilities than most teams in our league i would say.

Re: Car Parking at the Ground 13 years 6 months ago #22

Can everyone park??........yes

Is there a problem??.......NO

Re: Car Parking at the Ground 13 years 6 months ago #23

We could always stop the joy-riders from using our upgraded car park by putting gates across the access!

This would give us the added benefit of being able to lock visiting fans in the car park and then b*gger off leaving them stranded! ;D

Allegedly!
WAFC Supporters Club - Otley Branch

Re: Car Parking at the Ground 13 years 6 months ago #24

Can everyone park??........yes

Is there a problem??.......NO

Could not agree more.

Eli, the parking is hardly great at Old Trafford where you can pay £10 to be blocked in by other cars for over an hour after the match.

This is 'non-league football', the car parking is currently not a high priority, promotion is! I don't recall car parking being particulary easy at Ashton, Kendal and elsewhere. We have the land to be ablt to deal with this issue as and when the size of our crowds grow. At the end of the day we managed to cope with the Telford gates last season! The situation has been highlighted by the wet weather on recent match days.
I saw my mate the other day, he said to me he'd seen the white Pele, so I asked who is he.....?
......he goes by the name of Mike Moseley, Mike Moseley, Mike Moseley, he goes by the name of Mike Moseley!

Re: Car Parking at the Ground 13 years 6 months ago #25

OK teacher I will stand in the corner then with Albion Tea Hut and keep Quiet ;)

Re: Car Parking at the Ground 13 years 6 months ago #26

Eli your words are always welcomed although I do think that you are perhaps more at home expressing yourself through the art of dance at times!

;) ;) ;)
I saw my mate the other day, he said to me he'd seen the white Pele, so I asked who is he.....?
......he goes by the name of Mike Moseley, Mike Moseley, Mike Moseley, he goes by the name of Mike Moseley!

Re: Car Parking at the Ground 13 years 6 months ago #27

Parking at Kendal is actually quite good!! Getting home on a Bank Holiday weekend is a little less so.... :-

I agree with Eli that having to tow cars off isn't the best thing in the world to have to do! But at the same time it is not a regular occurance.

Anyway, back to the promotion push....

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds