Next Fixture

Stalybridge Celtic v. Witton Albion
2 days 04 hours and 06 minutes

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What Witton should do next....

Re: What Witton should do next.... 7 years 8 months ago #31

Dear oh dear I can't believe this rubbish has surfaced again. I am seriously worried about the mental health of some people. The subsequent arguements and examples supporting the idea are piss poor and only the likes of themon their forum would be proud. That's me added to the list!
Firstly there are two current teams in the town with the towns name why would us adding to it help?
Secondly adding the name that has been hugely discredited by the efforts of the past few years would be detrimental to our good Witton name. Businesses as soon as you mention the towns name and football give any money or sponsorship a wide berth,no idea why.
Thirdly if people do not know who or where we are then simply tell them and advertise it.

We are Witton Albion and that is something to be proud off now and in the future. There is no positive to changing our name and if this turns up on the next agm I will be bitterly disappointed as only two people want this and is it a coincidence you are related? The title of this thread should be changed to shouldn't

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Club_Shop.

Re: What Witton should do next.... 7 years 8 months ago #32

Clarke Carlise never got the big move to Cumbria he was looking for...

Re: What Witton should do next.... 7 years 8 months ago #33

Club_Shop wrote: We are Witton Albion and that is something to be proud of

Although on the plus side...the netball team would have a less x-rated acronym...

Re: What Witton should do next.... 7 years 8 months ago #34

Robbo_ wrote:

Club_Shop wrote: We are Witton Albion and that is something to be proud of

Although on the plus side...the netball team would have a less x-rated acronym...

You'd still be WAONNCing over them :blink:
Should not post when drunk.

Last edit: by Mookie Blaylock.

Re: What Witton should do next.... 7 years 8 months ago #35

• WHS
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Just call me "WHS"
  • Thank you received: 164
"A Rose by any other name would smell as sweet". Ideas are what keeps businesses going, this one may not be liked by everyone but it should not stop us considering things that at one time might have been considered unthinkable. I cannot believe the old board would have allowed the old Central Ground to be called "The Bargain Booze Stadium" for one thing but our present stadium was. In fact our present stadium has had at least three names that I know of. If a big company wanted to call it by their name would we say "No" and turn down big money? WE have to move with the times and I am for anything that raises our profile locally. That is me finished on the issue. Oh and by the way, it was NOT me or Chris who brought this idea up originally but a VERY important Witton man so we are not the ONLY people who thought it was a reasonable idea.
WHS.
I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

Re: What Witton should do next.... 7 years 8 months ago #36

But you're not talking about renaming the stadium, you are talking of renaming the club.

Fundamentally different topics in my book.

Re: What Witton should do next.... 7 years 8 months ago #37

• jonnyamery
  • Football Hero
  • Football Hero
  • Its a grand old team to play for!
  • Thank you received: 147

a VERY important Witton man

He can't be that important if we haven't renamed the club can he :silly:
Reach for the stars
And if you don't grab 'em,
At least you'll fall on top of the world
Think about it

Re: What Witton should do next.... 7 years 8 months ago #38

• WHS
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Just call me "WHS"
Oh but he is a VERY important man, I will say no more. It was an idea, it may not be taken up but let us not be afraid of new ideas if they take the club forward.
WHS.
I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

Re: What Witton should do next.... 7 years 8 months ago #39

• vi8
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Thank you received: 70
Why are we even arguing about the name change eh? We belong to parish of Witton.Perhaps people should look into history and read how Witton Albion were formed.That would put a stop to this nonsense about name change
Just a thought.
vi8 of Witton.
UTA
Ave Witton.
We Love you.x

Re: What Witton should do next.... 7 years 8 months ago #40

• WHS
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Just call me "WHS"
Witton cum Twambrooks, abolished in 29th September 1894 and incorporated into Northwich.The parish of Witton still exists of course and St. Helen's Church is in the Parish of Witton but is known more often as Northwich Parish Church. Here endeth the history lesson.
WHS.

Re: What Witton should do next.... 7 years 8 months ago #41

On the theme of sponsorship, if Durex sponsored us we could call it the Extra Safe stadium!!!!!!!

Re: What Witton should do next.... 7 years 8 months ago #42

• WHS
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Just call me "WHS"
"Dick Head Stadium" probably.
WHS.

Re: What Witton should do next.... 7 years 8 months ago #43

What a load of crap ! Just glad WHS is not on the board !

What Witton want next is a goalscorer to replace Titch !
Another big strong midfielder !
Another defender who can play fullback and centre half !

And I am sure Pritch has got all that to hand !

Re: What Witton should do next.... 7 years 8 months ago #44

• vi8
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Thank you received: 70
I wasn't referring to parish but WAFC. ;)
Ave Witton.
We Love you.x

Re: What Witton should do next.... 7 years 8 months ago #45

[quote="WHS" post=44152St. Helen's Church is in the Parish of Witton but is known more often as Northwich Parish Church.[/quote]

Personally never heard a single person call it anything but "Witton Church".

Anyway, changing the subject slightly i got lost this afternoon looking for an address on Witton Street. So i've petitioned the Council to see if they can change it's name to "Witton Street Of Northwich" to prevent anybody else facing the same problem.

OK that's me bored of this subject now.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds