Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Witton Albion vs Gainsborough Trinity. 1 week 3 days ago #31

• C.J.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 520
I guess my point was we should/could have got Duckworth first before he is on FCUM radar, as he lives and plays 5 miles from us then let them buy him from us maybe.
Witton Albion for Life UTA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by WHEELS.

Witton Albion vs Gainsborough Trinity. 1 week 3 days ago #32

Doubt FC United are shelling out transfer money for anyone these days. Their playing budget probably not any bigger than Witton's, and both clubs' budgets are understood to be amongst the lowest in the NPL, as they've no rich 'sugar daddy' chairman either and are still paying off the cost of building their stadium. That'll explain why they've been recruiting potential players from the NWCFL.

Witton Albion vs Gainsborough Trinity. 1 week 3 days ago #33

Regardless of whether FC UNITED or other clubs pay transfer fees or not, Witton seem to struggle to get players. Is it wages, ambition or something else? Do Witton have scouts that watch players when Carl & Gary are occupied on a Saturday afternoon or Tuesday night when most teams play? I do know our management team go and watch players but obviously they can't get to every game, this may also help when looking at opposing teams style of play in our division. .

Witton Albion vs Gainsborough Trinity. 1 week 3 days ago #34

Witton, like most non-league teams without a sugar-daddy, will struggle to get any players, whether they be transfers or loans. Due to Covid, teams are reluctant to let players depart - look how it's affecting even the top Premiership teams, so at our level we've little chance.

However, there is one big difference - unlike my Premiership team, Witton management and players are at least putting effort into the game. I thought second half, Witton were good enough to have won comfortably.

I think the order of the day is to survive this season, which we are more than capable of, and then push on next season. There hopefully should be players available for the start of the 22/23 campaign, and although our budget is south of the average in the league, Carl and Gary should strengthen where we need it, and we can start dreaming of promotion or play-offs.

Off the field, there's been a dramatic improvement in financial affairs, as we can all see, and as soon as we get rid of (or live with) this dreadful pandemic, and get back to something like normal, we'll revert to be pushing for better things. When last season was suspended, we were in second place, and doing well - we can revert to that with a few aquisitions.

Personally, I prefer us to be self-sufficient as we are, than rely on a sugar-daddy to take you to the moon, then lose interest and disappear leaving debt and uncertainty behind. I could (but won't) name so called wealthy clubs in our league, who fit that description. I don't envy them one bit.

Let's get behind the club together, we'll ride this storm, and stay positive for next season. There can never be guarantees, but I'm quite confident that we'll soon start improving our league standing. UTA
The following user(s) said Thank You: albion forever

Witton Albion vs Gainsborough Trinity. 1 week 3 days ago #35

Batchman, all fair points and I have NO doubts about Witton moving up the table and finishing mid table this season. Like you say if the budget is below average for the league then to move forward next season and progress somehow, the budget needs to be increased because like you I don't want a sugar daddy like some clubs have.

I personally have every faith in Carl & Gary and hopefully, they will be at the club next season to help push for promotion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: albion forever

Witton Albion vs Gainsborough Trinity. 1 week 2 days ago #36

• WHEELS
  • WHEELS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1409
Watch the goals from Saturday's game vs @GainsTrinityFC with huge thanks to our friends at the Lincolnshire club for helping us with footage.
The following user(s) said Thank You: C.J.

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds