Next Fixture

Witton Albion v. Belper Town (FAC2Q.Replay).
2 days 23 hours and 04 minutes

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Witton Albion vs Northwich Victoria

Witton Albion vs Northwich Victoria 2 years 8 months ago #31

• WHS
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Just call me "WHS"
  • Thank you received: 164
Proud of the team today, why? Because they were all off form basically but just rolled up their sleeves and got the draw. Previous Witton sides would have folded.
WHS.
I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Witton Albion vs Northwich Victoria 2 years 8 months ago #32

If getting sent off for trying to get the ball back and trying to get on with the game then god help us. Only one team wanted to get on with the game today and again we've been punished.
We lost Matty today because of a ridiculous decision and now we're going to lose Rob for possibly three games due .
At what point does this stop and the FA do something about it.
We've got a cracking team but bad decisions and common sense have the chance of costing us dearly

Witton Albion vs Northwich Victoria 2 years 8 months ago #33

Dreadful game today with no quality and very little determination (I thought the lads had been in the lash with me) I'll give credit when due but today was not that day. Today should be an eye opener for the management team because although the players have been Fantastic so far this season we are short of quality in numbers. I have every faith Carl has it covered

Witton Albion vs Northwich Victoria 2 years 8 months ago #34

Fair result TBH- we weren't at the races and a draw isn't a bad result - over the years when we weren't the best we've always got results against strong Vix teams over the Xmas period.
But as a club we should be embarrassed no lager, no draught ales and bloody appalling service in the club before and at half time(not the personnels fault). Two turnstiles and queues that you would die for on a normal league game!
But to be fair who would think we'd get a big crowd against them on a Bank Holiday weekend?'

Still

Witton Albion vs Northwich Victoria 2 years 8 months ago #35

Prefered watching the fog last week to that non event.Good attendance, but how many will return after that. V*CS seemed up for it more than us, especially on the timewasting front. Hope I'm wrong on this, but of the 10 outfield V*cs players on show I would have chosen any of them before the one that we signed from them. We,ve just got to get used to the standard of refereeing, it won,t change and today the game should have been won before he got a say in it. Thanks to Brad we salvaged a draw, and next game we should have another star player back at left back.

Witton Albion vs Northwich Victoria 2 years 8 months ago #36

Thanks Andy for that very concise and accurate MATCH REPORT. Thought you may have mentioned the ref.:blink:

Witton Albion vs Northwich Victoria 2 years 8 months ago #37

Clubs will have off days throughout the season and unfortunately today was ours , we created enough to win it but this team has given such good performances this season then why are we complaining. The only reason we are annoyed is because of who it was against.
Anyone who was at Chester the other week will appreciate what this team is about
Without injury and suspension we would have won a lot more.
So instead of focussing on negatives let's focus on where we are.
I counted how many of there fans were behind the goal , very few for a local derby, no ground , where would we rather be ,

Last edit: by Charliebel.

Witton Albion vs Northwich Victoria 2 years 8 months ago #38

I cant believe that nobody has mentioned the wind at todays game? I think strong wind is the worst weather condition for players to play in, and definitely had a major factor on the quality of the play!, especially the 1st half.
Six out of seven dwarfs arn't happy

Witton Albion vs Northwich Victoria 2 years 8 months ago #39

• jonnyamery
  • Football Hero
  • Football Hero
  • Its a grand old team to play for!
  • Thank you received: 144
Wow! I don't really post on here anymore as I seem to talk rubbish and upset people! But can't quite believe what I am reading, firstly Matty Devine was correctly sent off at Chester and if you think not then you must have been watching a different game!

Jeff if you believe that the wind was behind that performance then, I have no words!?

And I read the referee was at fault, seriously?

I get where Little Chad is coming from, but gave up along time ago trying to seek the truth!

As for anyone questioning this team, then shame on you! I have seen these lads give more to Witton Albion in 4 months-ish than the shite we have had here since Pritchard left, yes we are all fuming after today and we plus Carl know that certain players are far from good enough, but let's not forget what these lads have produced so far.

We will easily make the playoffs and then it's up to us lot to get behind them, and help them get us back to NPL where we belong :-)
Reach for the stars
And if you don't grab 'em,
At least you'll fall on top of the world
Think about it
The following user(s) said Thank You: WHS, Johno

Witton Albion vs Northwich Victoria 2 years 8 months ago #40

It's not about today it's about spin and Bs.
And in the year of Brexit and Trump nothing surprises me - 'blind faith in your leadership or anything will get you killed'
Tom Stelfox would be ashamed - nuff said!
The following user(s) said Thank You: eligorton

Witton Albion vs Northwich Victoria 2 years 8 months ago #41

MATCH REPORT

A Boxing Day derby that won't stay long in the memory, even though it was a lacklustre performance from the Albs they had enough posession and chances in the 1st half to suggest they would go on and win it.
Carl and co have done an amazing job this season and Derby games aren't any barometer of the season.
2nd half was a bit of a non event with plenty of huster and bluster from the boys and aside from the volley from Prince there wasn't a lot to get excited about. The 'visitors' went ahead after a good strong run by the full back resulted in a chance being created at the far post pretty much against the run of play.
Witton equalised in the last minute after a few scrambles and half chances went a begging and following the goal Rob got sent off.
A point gained in the end in the context of the season.
Okay anonymous 2T1B/MM?!

WTID UTA

Witton Albion vs Northwich Victoria 2 years 8 months ago #42

i've not been many games this season but am very pleased with what i've seen so really none of us can complain about whats happening on the pitch.behind the scenes i've got no idea whats going on and was under the impression we were sitting on a little gold mine and just hope we're not selling land for it's full value.UTA FOREVER.

Witton Albion vs Northwich Victoria 2 years 8 months ago #43

• WHS
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Just call me "WHS"
  • Thank you received: 164
Andy, what on earth have this Board done to make you so annoyed, was it the "Pritch" fiasco?
WHS.
I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

Witton Albion vs Northwich Victoria 2 years 8 months ago #44

• JT
  • Premier League
  • Premier League
  • Thank you received: 15
More atmosphere in a morgue than there was at the game, considering it was a Derby

Witton Albion vs Northwich Victoria 2 years 8 months ago #45

Well only a Few V**s fans there and the Witton team forgetting to turn up (on the day ) spoiled the atmosphere a tad IMO one to forget and move on and get back to our previous brilliant form.
Witton Albion for Life UTA

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds