Witton Albion v. Southport (PSF).
5 days 02 hours and 33 minutes

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Witton Albion vs Radcliffe Borough (FAT.1Q). 4 years 9 months ago #76

Can't argue with any of that Norton boys

At this rate we'll be playing Alsager next season with a crowd of 25

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Witton Albion vs Radcliffe Borough (FAT.1Q). 4 years 9 months ago #77

Try reading the posts before you post, nobody at the club wanted to lose Darren Chadwick or Danny Roberts both class players as you say, Chadwick is pretty god and we want him to stay ! the rest in all honesty were average at best ! Cropper is a bit of a headless chicken, Diskin full of effort but wastes the ball endlessly, Green a nice lad but was hopeless at left back no pace at all and we still need a new left back Jon Dawson is really a left winger-about as good as Baker IMO - Lycett is pretty good and still at the club, so we do know a decent player and the Witton players you try to slate are proven at a higher level than division 1 and one last thing the south is an easy division compared to the North we have played in both, Scott could have managed us to mid table maybe but frankly thats not really good enough, as to the future we will have to see. UTA
Witton Albion for Life UTA

Witton Albion vs Radcliffe Borough (FAT.1Q). 4 years 9 months ago #78

With respect why are you ripping Jon Dawson to shreds.
You must be the only one who doesn,t know he isn,t a full back, the lad is the first to acknowledge that and has done since he was asked to play there he is a winger /attacking midfielder.but what he does give is 100% where ever he is asked to play. what MR DUNDASS DECIDED EVEN THOUGH HE KNEW THAT,WAS TO PLAY NIAL GREEN IN MIDFIELD AND DAWSON AT FULL BACK SO HE DIDN,T RATE GREEN VERY HIGHLY EITHER

Witton Albion vs Radcliffe Borough (FAT.1Q). 4 years 9 months ago #79

C.J. wrote: Scott could have managed us to mid table maybe but frankly thats not really good enough

There lies the issue. Too high expectations. You can't expect Dundas to come in and build a new team and get promotion just like that. This takes time. I believe we would have had a top 10 finish this season and build on promotion for next. As it stands we're looking at NWC football next season

I don't think anyone is slating Andrews, just telling it how it is

Witton Albion vs Radcliffe Borough (FAT.1Q). 4 years 9 months ago #80

not really too high an expectation with a top 4 budget ! We all wanted Scott Dundas to work out obviously but he was not up to the job here and he has not helped himself in his manner of leaving so that has not helped his cause with Witton fans - maybe Alsager/Norton is his level and he may do ok there without expectations on him.
Witton Albion for Life UTA

Witton Albion vs Radcliffe Borough (FAT.1Q). 4 years 9 months ago #81

What's this top 4 budgetyou keep going on about ? Please explain

Do you expect a manager to come into a club that's been on a demise for the past few years and get promotion in one season?? Really! That's ludicrous! Is that what Dundas promised?

You need to get over hating him, take off those rose tinted specs and smell the coffee!

I'm surprised you aren't calling for calls head already!

Witton Albion vs Radcliffe Borough (FAT.1Q). 4 years 9 months ago #82

ADwarvesdinner wrote: What's this top 4 budgetyou keep going on about ? Please explain

Buy a programme, then you wouldn't have to keep asking people what they're on about.
Should not post when drunk.

Witton Albion vs Radcliffe Borough (FAT.1Q). 4 years 9 months ago #83

Mookie Blaylock wrote:
Buy a programme, then you wouldn't have to keep asking people what they're on about.

First time of asking :whistle:

Don't buy programmes B)

Witton Albion vs Radcliffe Borough (FAT.1Q). 4 years 9 months ago #84

C J you say no ones slating the Norton lads quote matt catt he said scott brought the dead wood.
mookie blaylock so forgot put full stop in SORRY
ZICOHARPER you say scott at the level hes good at well the clubs really doing well since he left 2 wins and 6 defeats.
Dawson has being played at full back by scott/hoggy/and the other 2 manages and the times ive see him on the wing he gives 100% but isn't good enough. and as for saying scott at his level WATCH WAT YOU WISH FOR BECAUSE WITTON MAY BE THERE NEXT YEAR .sick .

Witton Albion vs Radcliffe Borough (FAT.1Q). 4 years 9 months ago #85

if i was a player/manager thinking of coming to witton and read this i would think twice.
a lot of people on here just slate player old/new and most not all gave there all for witton albion
to many people who countnt pick there nose nether mind pick a team

Witton Albion vs Radcliffe Borough (FAT.1Q). 4 years 9 months ago #86

ADwarvesdinner wrote:
Do you expect a manager to come into a club that's been on a demise for the past few years and get promotion in one season?? Really! That's ludicrous! Is that what Dundas promised?

Yes thats exactly what he promised actually!
At the fans forum before the season began Scott and Mark said nothing less than promotion was acceptable this season

The following user(s) said Thank You: Robbo_, postyred

Last edit: by Matt Cat. Reason: Spelling

Witton Albion vs Radcliffe Borough (FAT.1Q). 4 years 9 months ago #87

Matt Cat wrote:

ADwarvesdinner wrote:

At the fans forum before the season began Scott and Mark said nothing less than promotion was acceptable this season

And to be fair, that's exactly what Pritch did a few years ago - in his first managerial role, and with a smaller budget.

The following user(s) said Thank You: 2Trains1Bus

Witton Albion vs Radcliffe Borough (FAT.1Q). 4 years 9 months ago #88

damage wrote: if i was a player/manager thinking of coming to witton and read this i would think twice.
a lot of people on here just slate player old/new and most not all gave there all for witton albion
to many people who countnt pick there nose nether mind pick a team

Exactly you'd be running for the hills!

Witton Albion vs Radcliffe Borough (FAT.1Q). 4 years 9 months ago #89

Robbo_ wrote:

And to be fair, that's exactly what Pritch did a few years ago - in his first managerial role, and with a smaller budget.

He's not here to ask but I seriously doubt he'd have promised promotion.

Actually Pritch didn't do that, he was the joint manager in 2010/11 and got promoted 2011/12 plus they weren't on the back of a dilapidated team following relegation so it's no comparison

Witton Albion vs Radcliffe Borough (FAT.1Q). 4 years 9 months ago #90

ADwarvesdinner wrote:

Robbo_ wrote:

He's not here to ask but I seriously doubt he'd have promised promotion.

Actually Pritch didn't do that, he was the joint manager in 2010/11 and got promoted 2011/12 plus they weren't on the back of a dilapidated team following relegation so it's no comparison

A manager at any football club is set a target at the start of a season - Scott's was to gain promotion. Pritch did get us back to the league that Scott was targeted to - fact. In my book that is a comparison.

If I had the wings of a sparrow...

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds