Next Fixture

Witton Albion v. Southport (PSF).
5 days 01 hours and 47 minutes

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Witton Albion vs Lancaster City. 4 years 9 months ago #31

gotta agree i cant remember mr harris or any of his family being verbally abused on the forum or facebook.the one thing i'd like to know is the names of all the people on the management selection.i like many others feel pritch was the only one that could bring back a bit of team spirit and work ethic to our side but the panel thought otherwise.there are a few teams that are worse than us in this league but they've probably got more fight in them than we have at the moment and if it ends up being a scrap at the bottom i really fear for us.moan over and everyone enjoy the rest of your weekend.UTA.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jonnyamery, Upthealbs

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Witton Albion vs Lancaster City. 4 years 9 months ago #32

  • jonnyamery
  • jonnyamery's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Football Hero
  • Football Hero
  • Its a grand old team to play for!
  • Posts: 865
  • Karma: 5
  • Thank you received: 147
What worries me most from the Chairman's rant is, that it only confirms my fears that the decision are not being made on a footballing basis :( Carl got a ringing endorsement from the Marine Chairman so that swung it for him :ohmy: it's all well and good having a great off the field setup, which to be fair to the Chairman we do have, when the on the field is abysmal :silly:

And is this not the same excuse as last season regarding the 'cancer in the dressing room'? Scott Bakkor was apparently that under Sully, he left and we were still garbage!

I feel for Harris it can't be a nice place for him to be right now, BUT he put himself in this position so I am sorry you take the rough with the smooth.

But can it get any worse?
Reach for the stars
And if you don't grab 'em,
At least you'll fall on top of the world
Think about it
The following user(s) said Thank You: postyred, Upthealbs

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Witton Albion vs Lancaster City. 4 years 9 months ago #33

I feel Carl's appointment shows a total lack of disregard for the future of this club. Even the press release announcing his arrival was full of errors (or lies perhaps to try and beef up something that wasn't as good as it looked).

Mr Harris even says in his notes he had to be persuaded. Persuaded by who? Because I don't see much football knowledge on that board. Anyone with half a footballing brain will look at his record and see he isn't what we need at this moment.

So why on earth did he get the job? Listen this is nothing against Carl personally but this is a results business and his aren't great. That's how it is.

So this is my plea to the board, tell us who was on the on panel and what questions were asked of each candidate for you to form the opinion this was the best suited person for Witton Albion. Because if it's on managerial records Brian Pritchard was a better fit than Carl. If it was about the dressing room then again Brian Pritchard was better than Carl (remember how many players walked from Marine last year citing the fact of him losing the dressing room - we had two of them here).

For me these are the two areas where we need to improve. Better results (obviously) and a better attitude from the dressing room. What other criteria could there be?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Upthealbs.

Witton Albion vs Lancaster City. 4 years 9 months ago #34

postyred wrote: one thing i'd like to know is the names of all the people on the management selection


Mark, Reg, Neil, Trevor, John Salmon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: postyred

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Witton Albion vs Lancaster City. 4 years 9 months ago #35

dont know 2 of them but think we could have a couple more on it.be interesting to know who voted for who.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Witton Albion vs Lancaster City. 4 years 9 months ago #36

  • V.M.M.P
  • V.M.M.P's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Premier League
  • Premier League
  • Posts: 169
  • Karma: -2
  • Thank you received: 20

Robbo_ wrote:

postyred wrote: one thing i'd like to know is the names of all the people on the management selection


Mark, Reg, Neil, Trevor, John Salmon.


so 3 of them have no idea then?.

From where we were I am absolutely astonished that we have dropped to where we are now. Getting thumped 7 away at a bottom 3 team and now looking like a 2nd relegation. Thanks Mr Chairman. Oh and to all those banging on about hhiding behind forum names. My name is neil tomkinson and I'm 39 and supported this club all my life.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Witton Albion vs Lancaster City. 4 years 9 months ago #37

Can't believe this forum had been infiltrated by so many v**s fans determined to undermine our club. Are you Witton fans or not? Fans support the club through thick and thin. Criticism of the board is understandable but unfair. If you can do any better I'm sure your input and money would be welcomed

As for criticism of the management, FFS he's had 1 game. Give him a chance

UTA!
WAFC Supporters Club - Otley Branch
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thatched tavern, Matt Cat, WWWitton, marston mauler, witton massive77, bjc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Witton Albion vs Lancaster City. 4 years 9 months ago #38

firstly as you said it's a forum and secondly on this thread they've all been comments from our fans

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Witton Albion vs Lancaster City. 4 years 9 months ago #39

econneely wrote: Can't believe this forum had been infiltrated by so many v**s fans determined to undermine our club. Are you Witton fans or not? Fans support the club through thick and thin. Criticism of the board is understandable but unfair. If you can do any better I'm sure your input and money would be welcomed

As for criticism of the management, FFS he's had 1 game. Give him a chance

UTA!


Yes fans support the CLUB, not individuals who come and go. And in MY OPINION some of those individuals are ruining Witton Albion.

Its like people can't have an opinion these days unless it conforms to the masses. Some people on here need to take the blinkers off and have a look at what is really going on

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Witton Albion vs Lancaster City. 4 years 9 months ago #40

Upthealbs wrote: Club is in the worst league position I can remember with form that is going to take us down and you lot are talking about pies.

I went against all my instincts and attended yesterday's game. Wish I hadn't as it just confirmed my fears. We will not improve under Carl McCauley because the problem is the attitudes of players and some club officials.

Interesting to read Mark Harris's notes yesterday. I don't recall him or his family been abused on here and at the end of the day this is a public forum. If you don't like the heat Mark get out of the kitchen as it is only right that fans hold you to account for where this club is. The blame has always been laid at someone else's door but now is the time to step up before you and the board relegate this club and kill it.

When you have directors going into Facebook belittling the interview process when the club is on its knees I don't think I can be blamed for looking for heads to roll.


Carl has been the manager since Thursday, how do you know there will be no improvement under him? I also went to yesterday's game, it was a lacklustre performance and we looked to be set up to try not to lose, maybe thought best given the reported dressing room problems and the so apparent lack of confidence. Not to detract from Lancaster mind they pressed from the first minute to the last, held a high line and looked more assured on the ball.

I don't do the Facebook which directors of the club have belittled the interview process??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Witton Albion vs Lancaster City. 4 years 9 months ago #41

I am with postyred on this, I see my Saturday afternoons at WP these days as an opportunity to catch up with my mates and the witton family, have some nice beer in the club and a nice pie, if we win its a bonus. It always used to be the other way round. The football is secondary to me now, which is a shame as I've never felt like that as a Wittoner all my life. If you criticise on here (even constructively) you seem to upset and anger people so I won't be giving my opinions anymore. At least we still have a club I guess. UTA
If I had the wings of a sparrow...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Paul S.

Witton Albion vs Lancaster City. 4 years 9 months ago #42

jonnyamery wrote: What worries me most from the Chairman's rant is, that it only confirms my fears that the decision are not being made on a footballing basis :( Carl got a ringing endorsement from the Marine Chairman so that swung it for him :ohmy: it's all well and good having a great off the field setup, which to be fair to the Chairman we do have, when the on the field is abysmal :silly:

And is this not the same excuse as last season regarding the 'cancer in the dressing room'? Scott Bakkor was apparently that under Sully, he left and we were still garbage!

I feel for Harris it can't be a nice place for him to be right now, BUT he put himself in this position so I am sorry you take the rough with the smooth.

But can it get any worse?


We could have paid not a single penny of a 37p in the pound CVA, been wound up, morphed into another company, carried on unsustainably, lost the ground........had the fans start up a new club whilst we stumble on......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Witton Albion vs Lancaster City. 4 years 9 months ago #43

marston mauler wrote:

jonnyamery wrote: What worries me most from the Chairman's rant is, that it only confirms my fears that the decision are not being made on a footballing basis :( Carl got a ringing endorsement from the Marine Chairman so that swung it for him :ohmy: it's all well and good having a great off the field setup, which to be fair to the Chairman we do have, when the on the field is abysmal :silly:

And is this not the same excuse as last season regarding the 'cancer in the dressing room'? Scott Bakkor was apparently that under Sully, he left and we were still garbage!

I feel for Harris it can't be a nice place for him to be right now, BUT he put himself in this position so I am sorry you take the rough with the smooth.

But can it get any worse?


We could have paid not a single penny of a 37p in the pound CVA, been wound up, morphed into another company, carried on unsustainably, lost the ground........had the fans start up a new club whilst we stumble on......


We are currently sat on a multi million pound asset!!!!
If I had the wings of a sparrow...
The following user(s) said Thank You: marston mauler

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Witton Albion vs Lancaster City. 4 years 9 months ago #44

Please give Carl a chance.On Saturday he had only been with the club 5 days. If you want to sign anybody from another club, you have to put in 7 days notice of approach, so please give him some breathing space.
Six out of seven dwarfs arn't happy
The following user(s) said Thank You: albion forever, marston mauler

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Witton Albion vs Lancaster City. 4 years 9 months ago #45

Upthealbs wrote:

econneely wrote: Can't believe this forum had been infiltrated by so many v**s fans determined to undermine our club. Are you Witton fans or not? Fans support the club through thick and thin. Criticism of the board is understandable but unfair. If you can do any better I'm sure your input and money would be welcomed

As for criticism of the management, FFS he's had 1 game. Give him a chance

UTA!


Yes fans support the CLUB, not individuals who come and go. And in MY OPINION some of those individuals are ruining Witton Albion.

Its like people can't have an opinion these days unless it conforms to the masses. Some people on here need to take the blinkers off and have a look at what is really going on


Drug money laundering??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds