Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Nantwich Town vs Witton Albion

Nantwich Town vs Witton Albion 4 years 3 months ago #31

• WHEELS
  • WHEELS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1070
I'd be more worried about next Saturday because they'll punish us if we make mistakes like we have done lately!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nantwich Town vs Witton Albion 4 years 3 months ago #32

No nobody booed everything is wonderful.
Witton Albion for Life UTA

Nantwich Town vs Witton Albion 4 years 3 months ago #33

What a pile of shite. Didn't think it could get any worse at half time but I forgot what a bellend the goalkeeper is. Shameful all round.
Should not post when drunk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ME

Nantwich Town vs Witton Albion 4 years 3 months ago #34

• V.M.M.P
  • Premier League
  • Premier League
  • Thank you received: 20
Sullivan, give us a chance of staying up by going now, it's the best thing for everyone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: albion forever

Nantwich Town vs Witton Albion 4 years 3 months ago #35

Well, seems like I made the right choice by not going. Saved £10, missed another no show by the team and my oven is nice and shiny. I suspect this poor run is on purpose to give the last few games meaning rather than being meaningless. Quite cunning eh?

Nantwich Town vs Witton Albion 4 years 3 months ago #36

Well we were utterly inept, I go to very few away games but wanted to go today to support and encourage. It was to no avail as we never ever looked like getting anything. A ridiculous gifted goal given away for the second game running and seemingly no passion no desire and no guile. We will go down.

Nantwich Town vs Witton Albion 4 years 3 months ago #37

If the pubs were any closer to the ground I'd have left after 20 minutes. You just knew we were going to get nothing out of today's game.

Nantwich Town vs Witton Albion 4 years 3 months ago #38

Absolutely awful today, I'll defend Saturday, but I will not defend that, very poor.

We need to get some points out of the next couple of games otherwise the last couple of fixtures will be downright terrible to be a part of.
When it's Rainford it's Rainford.

Nantwich Town vs Witton Albion 4 years 3 months ago #39

Sorry but I don't agree with abusive comments towards the Goalkeeper. Andy has got us, before the weekend, in a position to have already beat the relegation door trap.

Tony is still the best man for the job and calling for his head now will get us nowhere fast!

Nantwich Town vs Witton Albion 4 years 3 months ago #40

V.M.M.P wrote: Sullivan, give us a chance of staying up by going now, it's the best thing for everyone.

Completely disagree with this comment! Where would be now if Sully leaves? Even if we got a new manager for the last few games (when in all fairness who would want this job with the games we have remaining and being so close to the bottom) they cannot bring any new faces in. We HAVE to stick with Sully for the remainder of this season. Getting rid of him now would be a ridiculous decision by the board. Just remember the mess we were in when Sully came in.

Today was absolutely unacceptable though. Whitby I could take, yes it was horrible to watch but every team has their off days. The run Sully had us on prior to that game was a great one. I know it's only 2 defeats but for 2 games on the bounce we simply haven't turned up, against other teams in the relegation battle - this has put us in an extremely worrying situation. I don't know if the lads believed it was job done and we were safe before Whitby but the football I have watched over the last 3 days has been awful. Not one player can hold their head high and say they've done my best.

We now have a small number of games left, the next 3 against FCUM, Ashton and Blyth I believe but now I feel we have to get at least 3 points from these games, which isn't going to be east. Stamford's win today and our last 2 defeats have made it extremely tight at the bottom and I just hope our last away game at Stamford isn't a decider of who goes down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt Cat, marston mauler

Nantwich Town vs Witton Albion 4 years 3 months ago #41

• Johno
  • International
  • International
  • Thank you received: 97
Where was John Dawson today? If fit he should have at least made the bench. If Schofield is fit he should be starting and if he isn't then Dawson should be on the bench. What is going on???

Nantwich Town vs Witton Albion 4 years 3 months ago #42

• Neil
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 41
Don't 100% quote me on this but I believe Tom is injured and Jon definitely had a personal issue to attend to.
Witton till I die!

Nantwich Town vs Witton Albion 4 years 3 months ago #43

• WHEELS
  • WHEELS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1070
Just to add to Neil's post. I've been assisting Jamie with some of the website content and have started writing match previews for games so I do pick up little things to be included in them. There does seem to be some concern regarding Tom Schofield and so I was a bit surprised to see him on the bench. I was also just as surprised not to see Jon Dawson's name there but obviously for a different reason.

Last edit: by WHEELS.

Nantwich Town vs Witton Albion 4 years 3 months ago #44

Mario Kempes wrote: Sorry but I don't agree with abusive comments towards the Goalkeeper. Andy has got us, before the weekend, in a position to have already beat the relegation door trap.

Tony is still the best man for the job and calling for his head now will get us nowhere fast!

Yeah he has done well this season in fairness. Frustration at stupidity but he wasn't the only one at fault yesterday.
Should not post when drunk.

Nantwich Town vs Witton Albion 4 years 3 months ago #45

Had 24 hours to calm down now but still annoyed at how poor we have been this weekend, 2 games against sides who were below us at 3pm Saturday and both have deservedly beaten us with hardly a wimper of a shot from us in either game.
I came on here after the Whitby game and defended the team but probably had blinkers on in truth as yesterday proved we dont have the stomach for a relegation dogfight right now.
With the next 3 games against teams in the top 5 i cant see us getting another point!
Stamford produced a 4 -1 victory at Grantham and when we meet them on the final day i know who my moneys on to win!
I spoke to a Wittoner today who said he was suprised by the lack of Boo's at full time yesterday, i told him the reason was most Wittoners were no longer in the ground at full time thats why!

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds