Next Fixture

Witton Albion v. Northwich Victoria (PSF).
3 days 17 hours and 13 minutes

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Boston v Albion

Re:Boston v Albion 10 years 4 months ago #16

Good Day, Good point but a very scrappy game.

Hope to return there next season!!!

Thanks to all of you who made the trip and met and made Jack Richards feel part of the club.

Jack had a great day and we hope for his companies continued support.

If only some Mid Cheshire businesses would show the same commitment as a guy from the other side of the country has done!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Boston v Albion 10 years 4 months ago #17

• Steve
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 0
Yeah it was a scrappy game but still a great day and a good point. We played well in patches and reduced Boston to very little chances. Thought Boston also defended well and reduced us to very little in front of goal.

Draw was a fair result in the end. Good 40 odd Witton fans made the trip and made a load of noise.

Fantastic to meet Jack Richards.

Gary Finleys Red And White Army.

Re:Boston v Albion 10 years 4 months ago #18

Enjoyed yesterdays game very much (even tho i didnt get there til 3.20!) Boston is a long long way away ive realised!

We could have pinched the points but was well happy with a point in the end.

Ref got both decisions wrong as Greg did take their player out and their keeper did pick up he ball and throw it into the crowd but i spose they cancel each other out...linesman was shocking and didnt really understand his job.

All in all im v.happy with a point great support from the albion fans aswell yesterday.

:laugh: :laugh:

Re:Boston v Albion 10 years 4 months ago #19

To put the truth in it we were totelly woefull up front. and considering our strike is a league to striker he was poor 3 times he got a good ballto his feet and all 3 times he scuffed. even at this l id would expect 1 out of the 3.didnt see the take out by your keeper i was to far away to make any commet

Re:Boston v Albion 10 years 4 months ago #20

I thought the Boston keeper was lucky to stay on the pitch. He pulled Blackie (?) down when he tried to take the corner to pass the ball across face of goal for what would have been an easy tap in.

But t'other side of the coin - it was a pen for Boston as Danny mentioned.

Overall though a points better than nowt and we fight on.

Great support, great day out, great to see Jack Richards - but what a bloody awful journey!!

Re:Boston v Albion 10 years 4 months ago #21

• Picko
  • Football Hero
  • Football Hero
  • Thank you received: 7
Just wanted to add my thanks to everyone that made Jack Richards so very welcome, in his own words 'a smashing bunch of people' It was Jack who insisted on coming onto the coach before we left to wish us all good luck.
The hardest part about moving on is learning not to look back!!

Re:Boston v Albion 10 years 4 months ago #22

Re:Boston v Albion 10 years 4 months ago #23

• ME
  • Football Hero
  • Football Hero
  • Thank you received: 76
:ohmy: The Boston fans on their website are not too flattering about WAFC
REGARDS ME

Re:Boston v Albion 10 years 4 months ago #24

So what !

They had a lot of the game and were poor up front. I think we had the better chances really.

If you read the review of the match on their unofficial website, its much more balanced.

Yes we could have played better, but I think we struggled to recover from the journey - we only got there about an hour before the game after being on the road for about 5 hours. Its no excuse but I think it was definitely a contributing factor to our performance.

I think its also noteable that the Boston supporters were outsung and out cheered by that dedicated band of albion supporters - so they didn't have that much to cheer about their team despite what they may think of us and the way we played!

Re:Boston v Albion 10 years 4 months ago #25

The draw was at a cost. Pritch ended up with a head injury, and left the ground with a shiner. Danny had a massive blow to his face, and suffered a nose bleed.

Kieran limped off badly at the end, with his ongoing right ankle problem.

Worst of all was the knee injury to Paul Booth, after he crashed in to the wall around the ground. I do think Boston ground is very dangerous with the touch line being so close to the concrete perimeter.

Thankfully, with no mid-week game, all 4 have a chance to recover before next weeks home game against Kendal Town.
Six out of seven dwarfs arn't happy

Re:Boston v Albion 10 years 4 months ago #26

According to their forum we're a two-bit club and one of the worst teams they've seen,and we were time wasting throughout the game! The only time wasting I saw was the 2 corners at the end when we should really have put it in the box but playing for a draw away from home in injury time is what most teams would do.
Their keeper was timewasting at every opportunity with the goal kicks taking ages,and being crap at them when he took them,and throwing the ball into the crowd so we couldnt take a quick corner!!
It was a good day and a deserved point and I think the Boston fans have got to realise they're not a big club anymore.The table doesnt lie and they're fans better get used to the Unibond cos it could be Unibond North for them next season!

Re:Boston v Albion 10 years 4 months ago #27

• WHS
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Just call me "WHS"
  • Thank you received: 164
Mikey, With gates over a thousand they are still a big club, just playing at the moment in a lower league. I like to think that Witton are a "Sleeping Giant" in non league football!!(and we only get gates of 300 or so)
WHS.
I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

Re:Boston v Albion 10 years 4 months ago #28

They may still be a big club in terms of attendance but they could be playing in this 'rubbish league' with 'two-bit' clubs like us for a while and their attitude will do them no favours.

Re:Boston v Albion 10 years 4 months ago #29

• Picko
  • Football Hero
  • Football Hero
  • Thank you received: 7
Noticed a few Witton supporters standing with the Boston fans in some of those pictures.
The hardest part about moving on is learning not to look back!!

Re:Boston v Albion 10 years 4 months ago #30

Yes Geoff Palin and Chris Sage in with the Boston Fans - what some people will do to get out of being in the predictions.:blush:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds