Next Fixture

Nantwich Town v. Witton Albion
1 days 10 hours and 53 minutes

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Witton v Prescott

Re: Witton v Prescott 11 years 11 months ago #16

they'd seemed much more up for it today than Witton - possibly because of the lack of atmosphere behind the goal? Last year, the home support was worth a goal in several tight games, today nobody (with a few honourable exceptions)seemed that bothered, both on and off the pitch.

How can you blame that on how Witton played?! Last season the atmosphere at home was great towards the end of the season because we were steam-rollering teams and scoring goals, this in turn gets the fans going. Away from home it's the fans job to get behind the team, but at home the crowd needs the team to give it a lift. That didn't happen enough yesterday. Anyone who doesn't feel there is enough noise behind goal is quite welcome to make some.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Witton v Prescott 11 years 11 months ago #17

• Dawn
  • Sunday League
  • Sunday League
  • Thank you received: 0
I think Chad and Gaz were missed yesterday in that respect. Everyone else will sing when they start but they are needed to start it off. No more trips down south for Chad.

Re: Witton v Prescott 11 years 11 months ago #18

No more trips down south for Chad.

Dawn, this is a family forum.... :D

Re: Witton v Prescott 11 years 11 months ago #19

Anyone who doesn't feel there is enough noise behind goal is quite welcome to make some.

Fair point, Robbo - I try, but I'm afraid my days in the Central Ground Choir are long behind me!! I know what you mean about the team needing to turn it on at home to lift the crowd, but sometimes a bit of pre-emptive encouragement can make a difference. In the home game against Leek last year we were playing crap, then the fans really got some noise going, lifted the team, we took the lead .... unfortunately, everyone then went back to sleep, but that's not the point! Just a thought ....

Re: Witton v Prescott 11 years 11 months ago #20

*&%$£"% £%$£&*@#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's all I have to say on the matter .
Is having 100 days of celebration after Crowe's departure.

Re: Witton v Prescott 11 years 11 months ago #21

I was absolutely gutted - nothing else to say really except good luck to Prescot and to the supporters behind the goal - there are times when the team really needs you and Saturday was one of those days!

Re: Witton v Prescott 11 years 11 months ago #22

Gutted! When heard about the result i couldnt believe it! but never mind there is always the trophy! and lets be honest the prize money in that isnt too bad either for a club like us! Anyway, concentration on the league and lets consolidate our position! Come on Witton!
We\'re Red, We\'re White, We\'re F***in Dynamite, ALBION!!, ALBION!!

Re: Witton v Prescott 11 years 11 months ago #23

• MONA
  • Football Hero
  • Football Hero
  • Thank you received: 105
Had a feeling this might happen before the game its always harder to play a team whom your expected to beat handsomely. Full marks to Prescot they deserved it you can't argue with the effort they put in even though the winning goal was a little lucky. I feel several of our players did not really turn up on Saturday and I hope we get this game out of our system very quickly and get up for it against Ilkeston on Sayturday,

Re: Witton v Prescott 11 years 11 months ago #24

Prescot have been drawn at home to Guiseley next round.
Does anyone if we'll have a game that Saturday the 29th now we're out,like a rearranged league game?

Re: Witton v Prescott 11 years 11 months ago #25

• Neil
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 41
I expect there will be a league game re arranged - 10 other Uni prem sides went out on Saturday, (unless we are the odd one out!)
Witton till I die!

Re: Witton v Prescot (with just the one "t") 11 years 11 months ago #26

Ashton United away on the 29th
Green by name but red and white striped by nature.

Re: Witton v Prescott 11 years 11 months ago #27

Oh joy........... :(

Re: Witton v Prescott 11 years 11 months ago #28

;D YOU SHOULD HAVE HAD THE SENCE TO KEEP HOLD OF MOSES !!!!! HE SCORED A CRACKER FOR US ON SATURDAY EVEN THOUGH WE LOST

MOSES FOR PRIME MINISTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Re: Witton v Prescott 11 years 11 months ago #29

I would have loved to have kept Moseley but Moses??? Not sure who he is! You're welcome to our actual rejects though... Connors, Jones, Clegg (see he got sent off again at the weekend) etc. ;D
Thinks Pritch's head is upside down!

Re: Witton v Prescott 11 years 11 months ago #30

Moses parted the Red Sea Greg, would be useful as a playmaker!!!! ;D

I see Worsnop had a shocker for you boys at the weekend (gave away a penalty after he forgot how to kick a ball) QUALITY!!!!!!!

Yes I would have liked to have kept Moseley also, but Clegg, Connors, Griff Jones, Gaghan etc DELETED

I hope you enjoy finishing mid table in Div 1 north, how long will it take for you lot to realise Phillips is clueless?
Is having 100 days of celebration after Crowe's departure.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds