Next Fixture

Runcorn Town v. Witton Albion (CSC Prelim).
1 days 14 hours and 44 minutes

The Tenants.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #16 by Bob1874
Bob1874 replied the topic: The Tenants.

colinbuc wrote:
We will probably be relegated by the time we play you. I think as a thank you to Witton for helping us out these last two years we might as well just let you win the match

I really doubt the team you put out will have very much to say about the matter!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #17 by Knutsfordian
Knutsfordian replied the topic: The Tenants.
Despite the historical enmity between the clubs (and none so more than me - ask Chad regarding a programme piece I wrote some years ago !! ), I think it's quite sad to see the demise of the Vics. Having worked on the ground this year at a number of Vics home games, I have seen at first hand the time and effort a few stalwarts have put in to try and keep their club afloat. They are as passionate about their club as we are about Albion. I hope they do survive at Barnton, keep the name of their club alive and rebuild its battered reputation to be an honest club with a long and illustrious history. Derbies with 1874 will never be as they were with NVFC.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #18 by WHS
WHS replied the topic: The Tenants.
I don't really want them to die it is just I spent years having my club denigrated by Vics fans and I intend to spend the rest of what is left of my life getting a bit of my own back. Seriously, the only real way forward is for the two sets of supporters to bury the hatchet, and not in each other!!
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #19 by colinbuc
colinbuc replied the topic: The Tenants.
thats what we are trying to do knutsfordian thanks, it maybe out of our hands our survival but at least we are trying, we take on Sheffield tomorrow , The combined age of both clubs is 306 , which surely must be the oldest combined football match ever.

Best of luck for Next Tuesday against Shaw Lane

apologies for what ever has been done or said in the past WHS

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #20 by WHS
WHS replied the topic: The Tenants.
I do hope you are using the correct date 1890!! Thanks for the apology, first I have ever received from a Vics fan.
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
6 months 1 week ago #21 by econneely
econneely replied the topic: The Tenants.
Agree 100% CJ - no way should "supporters" jump ship. Never did get the 1874 or FCUM thing! Support your team through thick and thin, end of.
Also, sad to see the demise of our tenants - the rivalry, although intense and sometimes out of control, is what it's all about. Having said that, the years and years of grief we got from the rabble was unbearable at times. Strange how times have changed.
I'll never forget when I first moved to the Leeds area, how dull it was regarding football rivalry because everyone supports Leeds. Imagine the sport they had when a United fan moved into the locale! I still wear my crucifix and garlic for protection!

WAFC Supporters Club - Otley Branch

More
6 months 1 week ago #22 by Witton_Albion_fc
Witton_Albion_fc replied the topic: The Tenants.
I imagine you caused some confusion telling Leeds UNITED fans that you support "United".! I had the same problem with West Ham fans once, The "united" in West Ham United had truly never registered with me!

More
6 months 1 week ago #23 by econneely
econneely replied the topic: The Tenants.
As I keep reminding them, there's only one ........ you know the rest!

And it does annoy them, yes :) :) :)

WAFC Supporters Club - Otley Branch

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #24 by swampytheflavell
swampytheflavell replied the topic: The Tenants.
I don't suppose anyone will read this , but I also worked with James & Knut's on the Vics games , I was impressed with a lot of their fans, yes you Colin & co ' , they have some good people doing a good job & I wish them success in their fight for survival. I think Brian Turner (Mr Vics ) will be a fine figurehead & leader . Not all Wittoners like Vics , but without opposition there would be NO game at all. So get sorted & good luck from a one-eyed Wittoner .!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thatched tavern, econneely

Time to create page: 0.410 seconds