• Page:

TOPIC: Gloucester City AFC

Gloucester City AFC 11 years 10 months ago #1

• Peter_M
  • Peter_M's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premier League
  • Premier League
  • Thank you received: 1
:o If you thought that the Lostock End at Wincham Park gets a bit waterlogged during the winter months, then it's nothing compared with Southern Premier League outfit Gloucester City AFC's Meadow Park ground which has been completely overwhelmed following the recent floods in the area. Home games have been switched to Bath City's Twerton Park ground for the time being...

By the look of things, it would appear that they could be there for some time yet!

[

More pics at the following link. Flooded Out

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Club Shop Online

Check out the great range of goods on sale at the Witton Albion Club Shop.

Re: Gloucester City AFC 11 years 10 months ago #2

You'd have thought they would have brought the sub on by now - the old ones are the best.......
WAFC Supporters Club - Otley Branch

Re: Gloucester City AFC 11 years 10 months ago #3

It may have been an oldie but still made me laugh Eddie!
I saw my mate the other day, he said to me he'd seen the white Pele, so I asked who is he.....?
......he goes by the name of Mike Moseley, Mike Moseley, Mike Moseley, he goes by the name of Mike Moseley!

Re: Gloucester City AFC 11 years 10 months ago #4

Indeed ;D

Their game at Bath is a one-off, a pre-season fixture which has been reversed.

Poor old Gloucester have apparently been flooded like this 3 times since they moved in at Meadow Park in the late 1980s, so much so that they are not insured (probably not insurable) and the current flood is something of a disaster for them. Apparently the flood waters are now going down and I'm sure we'd wish them well in sorting out the mess as soon as possible.

Incidentally City are very much (along with Queen of the South) my second team, so it's only fair that I mention their fundraising to start the clear-up, details of which can be found on the same website linked at the top of this discussion. Just in case anyone's feeling generous...
Green by name but red and white striped by nature.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds