Next Fixture

Witton Albion v. Solihull Moors (FAC4Q).
4 days 13 hours and 56 minutes

Groundshare

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #16 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: Groundshare
A scheduled AGM is imminent !

Witton Albion for Life UTA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #17 by Knutsfordian
Knutsfordian replied the topic: Groundshare
There is no reason it should be a bumpy ride. If everyone behaves and does what they say they are going to do, there shouldn't be any issues. Wittoners have to realise that whilst we may have a good ground of our own, the current willing band of volunteers plus those who do come through the gate, do not generate enough income to sustain the club. The green half of town has always had the ability to generate more money and as a whole are more motivated than WAFC collectively. Standing on the sidelines and complaining that we are assisting competitors whilst doing nothing about it will not solve the problem. In fact it makes it more likely that we will be overtaken by one of our neighbours at some point unless we get all those who say they are Albion supporters to put their issues to one side and get back through the turnstiles.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thatched tavern, econneely

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #18 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: Groundshare
Well said Knutsfordian, I do not want either green lot at our ground in fact i detest it, but to put our club at risk due to that - by not attending Witton Albion games is justbmadness and will only make it more necessary, we are about to change our structure and it will be even more inclusive than ever ! NOW is the time to get behind your club. If you really want to say NO to ground-share in 2 years time ! then get involved and help your club be self sufficient, because just now we are not UTA

Witton Albion for Life UTA
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thatched tavern

More
6 months 2 weeks ago - 6 months 2 weeks ago #19 by econneely
econneely replied the topic: Groundshare
Well said CJ.

To all those not in favour, please offer an alternative.

As Mark has said many times, our main asset is our ground and to leave it unused does not make commercial sense. Hopefully we have learned lessons from previous sharings (pay up front, share pitch maintenance, penalty/cancellation clauses etc) and everything goes smoothly.

It certainly does your club no favours by staying away or not renewing season tickets. That only adds more pressure on the Board to seek alternative sources of income.

Your club needs you now more than ever!

UTA!

WAFC Supporters Club - Otley Branch
Last Edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by econneely.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thatched tavern, oddfellow

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #20 by SCL_Wittoner
SCL_Wittoner replied the topic: Groundshare
The club does need us now, it’ll need us a hell of a lot more after Vics bend us over again!

The answers out there! It’s the other green slime!

Well, let’s take that money off Vics for the next two years, then work something out from there when they go bust!

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #21 by Johno
Johno replied the topic: Groundshare

SCL_Wittoner wrote: The club does need us now, it’ll need us a hell of a lot more after Vics bend us over again!

Well, let’s take that money off Vics for the next two years, then work something out from there when they go bust!

So I take it you have an alternative answer to meeting our shortfall????

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #22 by The Albion Tea Hut
The Albion Tea Hut replied the topic: Groundshare
When will this madness end? Small town with 2 teams, even smaller town up the road with 2 teams and they cant muster 750 fans between them for home games.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #23 by Paul S
Paul S replied the topic: Groundshare

Johno wrote:

SCL_Wittoner wrote: The club does need us now, it’ll need us a hell of a lot more after Vics bend us over again!

So I take it you have an alternative answer to meeting our shortfall????

Exactly, troll alert :whistle:

If I had the wings of a sparrow...

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #24 by Paul S
Paul S replied the topic: Groundshare

The Albion Tea Hut wrote: When will this madness end? Small town with 2 teams, even smaller town up the road with 2 teams and they cant muster 750 fans between them for home games.

We had 850 on our own for the play off final. Most choose to stay at home every Saturday and watch sky/bt at home. Then become keyboard warriors when the moon turns full and have a good moan about decisions like this.

Northwich - fast becoming the cherry picking capital of the UK :silly:

If I had the wings of a sparrow...
The following user(s) said Thank You: C.J.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago - 6 months 2 weeks ago #25 by oddfellow
oddfellow replied the topic: Groundshare
Let's get to the end of this season and not let this distract us supporters from what may be an exciting run in. The team needs our backing to get to a high a position as possible. This squad has done us proud again this season. When the season has come to an end then maybe we can all come up with some great ideas as how to raise extra income to put into the club.
If anyone can think of any way of raising extra income, please let the club know.

I have no idea what I am doing. But incompetence has never prevented me from plunging in with enthusiasm."
Last Edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by WHEELS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thatched tavern, albion forever, swampytheflavell

More
6 months 2 weeks ago - 6 months 2 weeks ago #26 by Knutsfordian
Knutsfordian replied the topic: Groundshare
Support for this group of players and the management team should not be in any doubt whatsoever. Their efforts and our league position speak for themselves.
Last Edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by WHEELS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vi8, Thatched tavern, albion forever

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #27 by SCL_Wittoner
SCL_Wittoner replied the topic: Groundshare
It has been a very good season, the players deserve a crack at the playoffs, we could do with the cash - and would be good to show 1874 what a real crowd looks like.

And don’t call me a Troll, just because I don’t worship the ground the board walk on doesn’t make me a troll.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago - 6 months 2 weeks ago #28 by Joe_Reacher
Joe_Reacher replied the topic: Groundshare
Is this a little short sighted?
We have established last season that Vics do not attract the gates to be able to pay the rent.
It takes the contribution from an outside investor to allow them to meet the rental payments.
What happens when that investor leaves and withdraws his money?
By agreeing to share with them again have Witton done more damage in upsetting some supporters and putting off potential sponsors?
The most obvious ground share would be with 1874 – they are financially sustainable and have proved they can attract big crowds to Wincham Park, which leads to increased takings in refreshments and at the bar. Has this latest deal with Vics put an end to any future agreements with 1874?
Given the way Vics have treated Barnton they will struggle to find another willing landlord – perhaps as soon as this deal is completed it will mean the end for Vics?
Last Edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by Joe_Reacher.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #29 by Thatched tavern
Thatched tavern replied the topic: Groundshare
We need this grounshare to enable us raise enough money to keep the current quality of players and management. Without it, we will have to get rid of our best players, and this could lead to relegation next year. I believe 1874 were contacted first about a groundshare, but they declined. I believe they didn't want to put the hard earned cash raised this season into something they may not be able to see through for 2 years. I also believe that the old VICS have received income from some new backers. I don't know if any caveats have been made if VICS at some point in the future renege on payments, but I am sure they will have been made.

Six out of seven dwarfs arn't happy

More
6 months 2 weeks ago - 6 months 2 weeks ago #30 by marston mauler
marston mauler replied the topic: Groundshare
To be fair TT we had a fairly robust agreement in place last time with them and we still had to try and evict them. They of course did what is their modus operandi and weighed in with their legal team. Now once again the club clearly cannot afford the groundshare and again are reliant on an individual funding it. Not that we know who this individual is of course. IF it's anything to do with Rushe, Mcnally the Vaughans or any of their associates that's me done with it.
Last Edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by marston mauler.

Time to create page: 0.519 seconds