Next Fixture

Witton Albion v. Matlock Town
0 days 10 hours and 34 minutes

Scott Lycett

More
2 months 4 weeks ago - 2 months 4 weeks ago #1 by WHEELS
WHEELS created the topic: Scott Lycett
Witton Albion Football Club have confirmed that defender Scott Lycett has been released with a view to joining Evo-Stik South Leek Town.
Last Edit: 2 months 4 weeks ago by WHEELS.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Club Shop Online

Check out the great range of goods on sale at the Witton Albion Club Shop.

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #2 by WHS
WHS replied the topic: Scott Lycett
Sad, I thought he was a fine player.
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #3 by Thatched tavern
Thatched tavern replied the topic: Scott Lycett
I agree WHS, he was/is a good solid player, and never let us down. Sad to see a local player leave.

Six out of seven dwarfs arn't happy

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #4 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: Scott Lycett
Good luck Scott thanks for all your efforts for the club a very good wholehearted player and helped win us promotion , seems a strange decision so early in the season !

Witton Albion for Life UTA

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #5 by JT
JT replied the topic: Scott Lycett
Another crazy decision by the gaffer. First Danny now Scott, both outstanding players who wanted to play for Witton both didn't feature in his plans

Seems as if you're not an ex marine player or a scouser then you're not wanted at Witton

Good luck Scott, leeks gain

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #6 by WHS
JT, this is a manager who got us promoted last year from a standing start!!
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #7 by Johno
Johno replied the topic: Scott Lycett
Gutted......very strange decision. Good luck Scott you deserved better

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #8 by wittonrobbo
wittonrobbo replied the topic: Scott Lycett
Physically cringing at some of these posts,
You can't class Danny Roberts and Scott lycett as the same scenario.
Also how can you put blame on Carl when you don't know the whole scenario, in my head it's a simple one,
Centre backs include: mike Wilson, nick Ryan, Anthony Brown and Scott.
He was always going to fall in as fourth choice in Carl's opinion, Anthony Brown was always his first choice followed by Mike Wilson last season until Mike picked up injuries to which have Scott the opportunity. With Mike being back fit and on form and Nick Ryan, Scott was always going find it hard to break into the main team and in my mind he knew that, it says witton released him to allow him to join Leek, in my head that reads he's asked to leave to get more first team opportunities.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JE, Thatched tavern, swampytheflavell

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #9 by albion forever
albion forever replied the topic: Scott Lycett
Good luck Scott and thanks for your help in getting us promoted.

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #10 by WHS
I would think that finance had something to do with it, we are not the wealthiest club in the world. It would be nice to have a big squad but we simply cannot finance it on gates of 300 or so.
WHS.

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #11 by JT
JT replied the topic: Scott Lycett

WHS wrote: JT, this is a manager who got us promoted last year from a standing start!!
WHS.

And these are the lads who played a big part in getting us there

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #12 by WHS
Be fair, Managers get the blame when things go wrong and rightly get the praise when they go right. One goal conceded in three games speaks for itself surely?
WHS.

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #13 by Charliebel
Charliebel replied the topic: Scott Lycett
7 points from three games and one goal conceded, I think Carl knows what he's doing

More
2 months 4 weeks ago - 2 months 4 weeks ago #14 by Callum99
Callum99 replied the topic: Scott Lycett
Honestly can't believe some of the people on here. Carl and Gary have brought this club up and changed it's fortunes ever since he arrived. One centre back leaves and people are pulling the "he doesn't have a clue" already. Joke. Local lad or not, he wasn't getting much game time other than the odd game with the way Wilson, Brown and Ryan have started. My point is, can the manager just make a decision without someone jumping on his back? I think he's more than earned the right to! Rant over.

Up the [deleted] Albion
Last Edit: 2 months 4 weeks ago by Mike_T. Reason: Moderated for language

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #15 by Knutsfordian
Knutsfordian replied the topic: Scott Lycett
Good luck Scott and thanks for all your efforts. That said I can understand he wants to play more and that's probably driven his decision to move. I am not hearing of any animosity over this move and II am assuming all parties have shaken hands on this move, so lets not over play it please.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thatched tavern

Time to create page: 0.827 seconds