Next Fixture

Witton Albion v. Matlock Town
0 days 10 hours and 16 minutes

Onward and Up wards. A History of Witton Albion F.C. 1890-2017.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #76 by Paul S
Paul S replied the topic: Onward and Up wards. A History of Witton Albion F.C. 1890-2017.
Don't forget that people who have pre-ordered the book, and anyone else wishing to purchase a copy, can collect them at the official book launch on Tuesday after the friendly against Burnley U'23's. Cost is £12 which can be paid in cash or cheques payable to "Alan Lowe".

There are going to be some very special guests in attendance, including members of the early 90's Wembley/Conference squad, who will be available to sign the books in addition to the writer himself. Some of the current management team and board will also be there to update on players comings and goings, aims and ambitions for the season, and the future outlook for Witton Albion Football Club. It promises to be a great night.

UTA

If I had the wings of a sparrow...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #77 by WHS
WHS replied the topic: Onward and Up wards. A History of Witton Albion F.C. 1890-2017.
Should be a great night, pity the local paper did not think it was worth reporting!
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #78 by Knutsfordian
Knutsfordian replied the topic: Onward and Up wards. A History of Witton Albion F.C. 1890-2017.
2 copies in total thanks

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #79 by WHS
WHS replied the topic: Onward and Up wards. A History of Witton Albion F.C. 1890-2017.
Due to my server, Yahoo going crackers I can no longer access my emails. I hope to be able to again soon. Until then I have temporarily returned to Facebook which I will leave again as soon as my email problem is fixed. If you need to contact me you can on 07527637108 or Facebook.
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #80 by witton massive77
witton massive77 replied the topic: Onward and Up wards. A History of Witton Albion F.C. 1890-2017.
I've already ordered a copy and I've been asked to get a copy for a friend who's on holiday but I won't be able to hang around after the game so can I get them before or at half time?

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #81 by WHS
I will be in the stand and will have two copies with me.
WHS.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #82 by WHEELS
WHEELS replied the topic: Onward and Up wards. A History of Witton Albion F.C. 1890-2017.
David Wainwright, son of John who played for Witton in the 1950s has posted on the Witton Albion Facebook page that he would like to purchase a copy of the book. He doesn't give any detail of whether he is likely to be at the games but would like to know how he can obtain a copy.
Last Edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by WHEELS.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #83 by batchman
batchman replied the topic: Onward and Up wards. A History of Witton Albion F.C. 1890-2017.
Hi Alan - got one copy ordered, but was up at my son's over the weekend in the North East, and he would like one please when I see you later Cheers

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #84 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: Onward and Up wards. A History of Witton Albion F.C. 1890-2017.
Hi Alan,

Could I pick 4 signed copies up before the game, 1 for me 2 for Roger Hankey and 1 for Brian Cross please.

Regards Colin

Witton Albion for Life UTA

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #85 by WHS
I am afraid not C J. I will have no time before the game to do so as I have no car and am relying on a lift. Straight after the game I will be in the Club. batchman, What name did you order under?
WHS.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #86 by WHS
David can obtain a book tonight or at my home if he rings to check when I am in. I have put him on the list so he will definitely get one. 07527637108
WHS.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #87 by WHS
Many books sold last night and several people denied one because they had not ordered. If you have ordered but not collected please do so ASAP by ringing me on 07527637108 or contacting me on here or on Facebook Do not use email, my site is down. Those who have ordered but not collected are:-
Iain Bell, albion forever, eli gorton, come on the albs, w.o., DAYVAITCH99, ME, Doctor Anthwall, E. Conneely, Peter M, Clive, Stuart Jane Mayo, Central Grounder, Andy Gorst, ooaaFranzCarr, Callum, Hardacher, Powell, Baggie, marston mauler, JT, Callum Brandtke, David Wainwright, Joanne Heffey, Rossi, Club Shop, Left Pegger, CGWP, Paul Gorman, Steve Ward, Mark Winnnington, Michael Shiels, Shawn Minnier, Paul Riley, Fred Spruce, Tracey Collins and Alison Atkins. If you name is on this list but you have already collected let me know, it was a bit chaotic last night!
As we have several people who now want a copy it is important you collect yours ASAP. You may also collect from me at the next few games if I manage to get to them!!

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #88 by WHS
Iain Bell now has his book.
WHS.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #89 by WHS
My email connection is back so no more Facebook. I can confirm we are already in profit from sales of the book, every one sold from now on is £12 to the club. Mike L. gave me £20 for his copy!!
WHS.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #90 by albion forever
albion forever replied the topic: Onward and Up wards. A History of Witton Albion F.C. 1890-2017.
Will collect my 3 books at the Rhyl game, if I can make it. I will definately be at the Barrow game so will collect then if I can't make the Rhyl game. Can't wait to read it.

Time to create page: 0.578 seconds