Next Fixture

Barwell v. Witton Albion
2 days 10 hours and 46 minutes

Shaw Lane promoted as Witton are deducted 3 points

More
4 months 6 days ago #1 by JT
JT created the topic: Shaw Lane promoted as Witton are deducted 3 points

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Club Shop Online

Check out the great range of goods on sale at the Witton Albion Club Shop.

More
4 months 6 days ago #2 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: Shaw Lane promoted as Witton are deducted 3 points
Makes no difference whatsoever UTA

Witton Albion for Life UTA

More
4 months 6 days ago #3 by marston mauler
marston mauler replied the topic: Shaw Lane promoted as Witton are deducted 3 points
What pathetic and ridiculous incompetence is this it could have cost us promotion I am staggered by this!!!!!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: JT

More
4 months 6 days ago #4 by Paul S
Paul S replied the topic: Shaw Lane promoted as Witton are deducted 3 points
Unless Shaw Lane got beat in the final game and we won at least 8-0 we couldn't have won the league anyway. Everyone makes mistakes in life. Nice gesture of goodwill by the club to allow free entry next Saturday.

If I had the wings of a sparrow...
The following user(s) said Thank You: marston mauler

More
4 months 6 days ago #5 by Knutsfordian
Knutsfordian replied the topic: Shaw Lane promoted as Witton are deducted 3 points
The good news is that it hasn't and that overall Shaw Lane won the title on the pitch. We are still in the playoffs where we would have ended up anyway. No point in getting wound up about it, thank goodness !!
The following user(s) said Thank You: albion forever, marston mauler

More
4 months 6 days ago - 4 months 6 days ago #6 by WHS
WHS replied the topic: Shaw Lane promoted as Witton are deducted 3 points
A mistake, not an attempt to cheat, they happen even to you Marston

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.
Last Edit: 4 months 6 days ago by WHS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: marston mauler

More
4 months 6 days ago #7 by Knutsfordian
Knutsfordian replied the topic: Shaw Lane promoted as Witton are deducted 3 points
Forgot to mention - Hats off to Shaw Lane ! They are worthy champions. They will probably end up on 102 points for 42 games - an amazing total, which despite our own fantastic endeavours we could not overhaul. So credit where it's due............. well done !!

More
4 months 6 days ago #8 by JT
JT replied the topic: Shaw Lane promoted as Witton are deducted 3 points

marston mauler wrote: What pathetic and ridiculous incompetence is this it could have cost us promotion I am staggered by this!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if some people were hoping that we didn't beat Shaw Lane...I bet there was a few twitchy arses at the club on that night....

More
4 months 6 days ago #9 by Paul S

Knutsfordian wrote: Forgot to mention - Hats off to Shaw Lane ! They are worthy champions. They will probably end up on 102 points for 42 games - an amazing total, which despite our own fantastic endeavours we could not overhaul. So credit where it's due............. well done !!

Well said Knutsfordian. Personally I can't see their success being sustained long term but they are undoubtedly a very good side at this level. As they say "the table never lies" so fair play to them. We'll still join them next season though ;) UTA

More
4 months 6 days ago #10 by WHS
A mistake was made JT, we all make them.
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
4 months 6 days ago #11 by WHS
I agree, hats off to Shaw Lane and Glynis, these things happen.
WHS.

More
4 months 6 days ago #12 by batchman
batchman replied the topic: Shaw Lane promoted as Witton are deducted 3 points
Totally agree WHS. Anybody who doesn't make mistakes doesn't do anything (worthwhile). Making a mistake is one thing, the way you deal with it is even more important - Witton have shown their commitment to fans and the club as a whole by offering free admission next Saturday. Nothing has changed with the points deduction, so what do the negatives want? A mass public execution? Can't believe some of the posts on here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul S, albion forever

More
4 months 6 days ago #13 by Paul S

batchman wrote: Totally agree WHS. Anybody who doesn't make mistakes doesn't do anything (worthwhile). Making a mistake is one thing, the way you deal with it is even more important - Witton have shown their commitment to fans and the club as a whole by offering free admission next Saturday. Nothing has changed with the points deduction, so what do the negatives want? A mass public execution? Can't believe some of the posts on here.

Exactly right. Some of the highlights this season - having tremendous runs in the FA Cup and Trophy, fighting to the death for the league championship and sending the V*cs down today. Not to mention the fantastic things going on off the pitch too.

Oh! And we are in the play offs too! With potentially two more home games for us all to get behind this great club of ours. Keep the spirit going the cherry on the cake is still there to be had. This team deserves it but they will need us too. UTA

The following user(s) said Thank You: albion forever

More
4 months 5 days ago #14 by WHS
Positive posts thank goodness!!
WHS.

Time to create page: 0.470 seconds