Next Fixture

Nantwich Town v. Witton Albion
0 days 01 hours and 47 minutes

The Title Run-In - Remaining Games.

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #16 by albion forever
albion forever replied the topic: The Title Run-In - Remaining Games.
It is a tough run in, but with this team anything is possible with their don't give up mindset. I really think that we will end the season as champions. This achievement will be aided by loud and encouraging backing, so all Witton fans get to as many remaining games and give your vocal support./ UTA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago - 6 months 2 weeks ago #17 by vi8
vi8 replied the topic: The Title Run-In - Remaining Games.
Yes, that means Witton will be in the away dressing room and V**s will be in home dressing room that day .

Ave Witton.
We Love you.x
Last Edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by vi8.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #18 by WHEELS
WHEELS replied the topic: The Title Run-In - Remaining Games.
SHAW LANE AFC Played 36 Points 84 GD +57

Belper Town H, Newcastle Town A, Witton Albion H, Chasetown H, Kidsgrove Athletic A, Stamford H

WITTON ALBION Played 35 Points 83 GD +47

Carlton Town H, Spalding United H, Gresley FC A,, Shaw Lane AFC A, Stamford H, Northwich Victoria A, Sheffield FC H

Following Witton's 3-2 win over Chasetown

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #19 by WHS
WHS replied the topic: The Title Run-In - Remaining Games.
Unless we learn not to get casual after taking the lead we may well blow this. Too many crosses got in virtually unchallenged today, full backs needed more help from the wide mid-fielders.
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #20 by Windsor Exile
Windsor Exile replied the topic: The Title Run-In - Remaining Games.
Just an observation. Witton are unbeaten against anyone in the top half of the league?! Amazing.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #21 by marston mauler
marston mauler replied the topic: The Title Run-In - Remaining Games.

WHS wrote: Unless we learn not to get casual after taking the lead we may well blow this. Too many crosses got in virtually unchallenged today, full backs needed more help from the wide mid-fielders.
WHS.

"Blow this".....We were nine points behind Shaw Lane and now only one, that is not bad eh??
The following user(s) said Thank You: albion forever

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #22 by Johno
Johno replied the topic: The Title Run-In - Remaining Games.
It is a huge ask of any team to play so many games in so few days. However, Shaw Lane are most definitely wobbling and with the resilience and desire to win that this team shows they are more than capable of winning this league. I feel that if we claim maximum points from the two midweek games this coming week we will be favourites. I think Newcastle Town away for Shaw Lane could be a defining fixture for them in terms of confidence going in to the Witton game. UTA
The following user(s) said Thank You: albion forever

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #23 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: The Title Run-In - Remaining Games.
I dont think it was casual but lack of midfield balance that caused the issue, starting with Jones in midfield was not a great idea - and we looked better when we changed it but we still missed Owens and Heywood in the midfield losing our fluency ! however it was a win full of character to win ugly again so I dont get being so downbeat ? We did win it UTA

Witton Albion for Life UTA

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #24 by WHS
I would never question the character and commitment of this team, I merely thought they were sloppy at times and that surely was how we ended up 1-2 down at half time. We corrected that in the second half an were much tighter, virtually no free crosses got into our box in the second half. What concerned me was if we do that against a better team we will have difficulty correcting it. Having said that I do firmly believe this team WILL win this league and hopefully against Vics to send them down on the same day!
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JT

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #25 by Thatched tavern
Thatched tavern replied the topic: The Title Run-In - Remaining Games.
I also thought their No 2 and No 7, playing down the wings in the 1st half caused us all sorts of problems. Thankfully, I think Carl changed something at half-time, and neither were as effective in the 2nd half!

Six out of seven dwarfs arn't happy

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #26 by WHS
My thoughts exactly. I really want to use "Onward and Upwards" as the title of my book so come on lads give the season and my book a really happy ending!!
WHS.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #27 by Matt Cat
Matt Cat replied the topic: The Title Run-In - Remaining Games.
An absolutely huge week coming up, if we can win all 3 games this week then not lose at Shaw Lane we could possibly win the league away at Northwich Victoria!!
Now that would be an occasion

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #28 by WHS
So we either win all our games, or win all bar a draw at Shaw Lane and beat Vics 15-0 or face the lottery of the play-offs God forbid. Maybe Newcastle and Kidsgrove can do us a favour?
WHS

More
6 months 1 week ago #29 by WHEELS
WHEELS replied the topic: The Title Run-In - Remaining Games.
SHAW LANE AFC Played 39 Points 93 GD +62

Chasetown H, Kidsgrove Athletic A, Stamford H

WITTON ALBION Played 39 Points 90 GD +50

Stamford H, Northwich Victoria A, Sheffield FC H

Following Witton's 1-0 defeat at Shaw Lane AFC.

More
6 months 1 week ago #30 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: The Title Run-In - Remaining Games.
Realistically we would be better planning for the playoffs, we need to win all 3 SL need to lose one and draw one out of 3 games !

Witton Albion for Life UTA

Time to create page: 0.435 seconds