Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: transfers/signings

transfers/signings 2 years 11 months ago #16

• WHS
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Just call me "WHS"
  • Thank you received: 164
Changed my mind about foreign players, raid Colwyn Bay, Bangor and Rhyl!!
WHS.
I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

transfers/signings 2 years 11 months ago #17

Spoke to a Club insider today who said we had about 20 lads at training today including some real big lads, a few more are coming next week too and then it's a case of sorting out the gold from the tin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thatched tavern

transfers/signings 2 years 11 months ago #18

• WHS
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Just call me "WHS"
Any speaking Welsh?
WHS.
I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

Last edit: by WHS. Reason: Spell check.

transfers/signings 2 years 11 months ago #19

can we all stay positive and see what happens the management are hard at work trying to get players and pre season started Saturday with 20+ players there and more to come .we don't want players we are trying to attract seeing negative things on the forum even though everybody has a freedom of speech .this has being are downfall before . we all want a good season and to try and get out of this league lets be positive lets stick together and results will come. UTA
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thatched tavern, albion forever

transfers/signings 2 years 11 months ago #20

• jonnyamery
  • Football Hero
  • Football Hero
  • Its a grand old team to play for!
  • Thank you received: 144
I was only thinking the other day what has happened to turn us from playoff semi finalists in the Northern Premier, to a mediocre Evo Stik North club now South club? And there it is 'it's posts on the unofficial forum' that have caused this :-(
Reach for the stars
And if you don't grab 'em,
At least you'll fall on top of the world
Think about it

transfers/signings 2 years 11 months ago #21

• WHS
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Just call me "WHS"
One word explains our demise, "CONTINUITY" or to be precise, lack of it.
Stick with the same manager and team and if they are,any good at all success will come. Time for the Shankly way, "Same team as last year". Yes I know you cannot retain ALL players but once you have your team stick to it.
WHS.

transfers/signings 2 years 11 months ago #22

• MONA
  • Football Hero
  • Football Hero
  • Thank you received: 105
Unfortunately with hindsight some wrong decisions have also contributed but I agree you can't beat continuity and lets hope Carl and CO can do the business this season.
I'm a little down and worried at the moment about the 3 following things -:
- Other people seem to keep announcing who they've signed despite whatever rules are in place, the latest being 1874 and Vics or whatever they are calling themselves this week in this weeks Guardian.
It also does'nt help when Colwyn annouce they signed two of our star players. Its also mentioned by Carl in the Guardian that he is finding it difficult to attract players now we are in the southern league.
I appreciate its hard but now its past the 1st of July just a mention about a couple of players we have signed might give us all a lift.

- Carl has said elsewhere that he has invited all of last season squad to pre season training. Ok thats fine but quite honestly many of those who finished last season were blatently not good enough so that is also a little worrying.
- Lastly and this is beyond our control I am really fed up with the Jim Rushe situation. The guy has been found guilty by due court of law so surely he can't postpone punishment for a 3rd time can he? Hopefully this will be resolved 7th of July when its supposed to be and not delayed yet again.The words one rule for one spring to mind here.
On the plus side the usual suspects sound like they are doing the business with the pich and ground. I just wish and hope that any players we DO SIGN have half as much committment and energy that they've got. We OWE ALL our Volunteers big time and also people like Wheels who do their best to keep us in the picture!!
Must point out this is just how I feel and I'm not taking a swipe at anyone at the club especially Carl and his management team who are no doubt doing their level best to get us a team worthy to watch next season. UTA Onward and Upward (I hope)
The following user(s) said Thank You: albion forever

transfers/signings 2 years 11 months ago #23

MONA wrote: Unfortunately with hindsight some wrong decisions have also contributed but I agree you can't beat continuity and lets hope Carl and CO can do the business this season.
I'm a little down and worried at the moment about the 3 following things -:
- Other people seem to keep announcing who they've signed despite whatever rules are in place, the latest being 1874 and Vics or whatever they are calling themselves this week in this weeks Guardian.
It also does'nt help when Colwyn annouce they signed two of our star players. Its also mentioned by Carl in the Guardian that he is finding it difficult to attract players now we are in the southern league.
I appreciate its hard but now its past the 1st of July just a mention about a couple of players we have signed might give us all a lift.

- Carl has said elsewhere that he has invited all of last season squad to pre season training. Ok thats fine but quite honestly many of those who finished last season were blatently not good enough so that is also a little worrying.
- Lastly and this is beyond our control I am really fed up with the Jim Rushe situation. The guy has been found guilty by due court of law so surely he can't postpone punishment for a 3rd time can he? Hopefully this will be resolved 7th of July when its supposed to be and not delayed yet again.The words one rule for one spring to mind here.
On the plus side the usual suspects sound like they are doing the business with the pich and ground. I just wish and hope that any players we DO SIGN have half as much committment and energy that they've got. We OWE ALL our Volunteers big time and also people like Wheels who do their best to keep us in the picture!!
Must point out this is just how I feel and I'm not taking a swipe at anyone at the club especially Carl and his management team who are no doubt doing their level best to get us a team worthy to watch next season. UTA Onward and Upward (I hope)

I think some other clubs announce signings as and when they get a player to sign a form, rather than wait until the League have received, processed, and advised back to the club that the form as been completed correctly, and more importantly, that the player is not still on any contract with another club and that he is a free agent to sign the form in the first place. The date the League start accepting the forms (I think) used to be 1st July in my day as Secretary, but it may have changed. However, with the volume of forms they must get at this time of year, I would imagine there are a few days turn around with them processing them all.
Six out of seven dwarfs arn't happy

transfers/signings 2 years 11 months ago #24

did i miss something bobby boy,i thought this was wittons forum.

transfers/signings 2 years 11 months ago #25

• WHS
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Just call me "WHS"
They have players but no ground, but they do have a plan for a ground, only 16 million!! Personally I am in no hurry to know who will be playing for us next season, I will leave that to the Manager, I just watch the team sometimes.
WHS.

transfers/signings 2 years 11 months ago #26

postyred wrote: did i miss something bobby boy,i thought this was wittons forum.

We like having Paul on our forum, he seems a very sensible chap. We allow fans from any other club to join and comment - it adds spice.

transfers/signings 2 years 11 months ago #27

So basically 74 are paying a bloke to draw a picture of a ground you can't afford to build and without any clue where abouts it could even be built just to give fans a boost??!
The following user(s) said Thank You: oddfellow

transfers/signings 2 years 11 months ago #28

Witton Forum NOT BLOODY INTERESTED IN VICS OR 1572 All the best to you !!

transfers/signings 2 years 11 months ago #29

Wow! You can't handle facts and a decent arguement so you delete the posts.....how petty are you lol!!
No wonder your crowds are dropping!!

transfers/signings 2 years 11 months ago #30

• WHS
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Just call me "WHS"
Facts!! The facts are that you have no money to speak of, no ground and no chance of ever having one unless some deluded millionaire suddenly takes leave of his senses and gives you £16 million. Are they not the Facts?
WHS.

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds