Next Fixture

Nantwich Town v. Witton Albion
0 days 01 hours and 45 minutes

BOOK.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #91 by WHS
WHS replied the topic: BOOK.
Looks like we have a sponsor so I will probably be ordering 150 copies of the book if we get promoted!! Anyone got an exact translation of Optiam Tua Age.?
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #92 by WHEELS
WHEELS replied the topic: BOOK.
I seem to remember it's something along the lines of "Be Your Best"
The following user(s) said Thank You: vi8

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #93 by WHS
\Quite right, it is either Be your Best or Do your Best or something along those lines. Many thanks.
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #94 by vi8
vi8 replied the topic: BOOK.
Optima Tua Age is actually an idea of Pritch who thought of it as club motto few years ago . " Be your best" had to be translated in Latin .Simon and 2-3 of us looked for an exact translation and came up with 'Optima Tua Age' .Not optiam WHS but Optima . Hope it helps

Ave Witton.
We Love you.x

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #95 by WHS
Like it, may use it in the book. I knew it was optima, spell check does not work in Latin!!
WHS.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #96 by Central Grounder
Central Grounder replied the topic: BOOK.
Count me in!

What a great idea - I will be both pleased and proud to own a copy of this book.

Let me know where I need to send my details/money and I'll duly oblige.

Thank you Allen for your wonderful efforts! :clap

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #97 by WHS
Your name will be added to the list of people who have already ordered a copy, over 50 now.
WHS.

More
6 months 4 weeks ago #98 by WHS
Just to confirm, the book is finished but requires a happy ending! I have only this season to write and it has been decided to order 150 copies so everyone who wants one should get one, priority will be given to the 50 or so people who have ordered. I will personally be ordering 5 hard back copies that will cost me around £20 each, one will go to Northwich Library, one to me and two to my sons leaving one I may raffle or auction.
Please order if you want to ensure your copy. Finally, though I will thank them in the book, I must thank Paul Lavell and George Haspell without whom this book would not have been possible. I would also like ti thank Vin Conneely and the many others who provided me with so much information. I hope I have done them and our wonderful club justice.

WHS.

The following user(s) said Thank You: eligorton

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #99 by ooaaFranzCarr
ooaaFranzCarr replied the topic: BOOK.
WHS....10 for me please. 1 for me lad who plays for the U13's, 1 for me, 1 for Auntie Suzie from Nottingham and then the rest for the player of the year for the team for the next few years.

Pictures available of the juniors if needed :-)

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #100 by WHS
Send me the pictures to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. Consider the books ordered.
WHS.

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #101 by WHS
If anyone has any stories they think might be right for the book, or information I might not have feel free to contact me. I want the book to be as comprehensive as possible. I have included hundreds of names but if there is anyone you feel MUST be in it let me know and I will tell you if they are.
WHS.

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #102 by Baggie
Baggie replied the topic: BOOK.
Alan, order me one please.

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #103 by WHS
As he said on "Dad's Army" "You are on the list"!!
WHS.

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #104 by stacky10
stacky10 replied the topic: BOOK.
I would like to order 2 copies please .. Many thanks .. stacky10

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #105 by WHS
Order accepted.
WHS.

Time to create page: 0.376 seconds