Next Fixture

Workington AFC v. Witton Albion
1 days 04 hours and 32 minutes

BOOK.

More
6 months 1 week ago #76 by 2Trains1Bus
2Trains1Bus replied the topic: BOOK.
Just for anyone who may be interested I have a spare, good condition copy of Sons Of Albion complete with loose honours page, which I intend to place on E-Bay this Sunday afternoon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 1 week ago #77 by WHS
WHS replied the topic: BOOK.
I am sure it will not be there for long!
I realise that there is no way my book or any book for that matter will please all the readers. People will see glaring omissions in their eyes no matter how many people I mention. What I hope they will not see is glaring mistakes! I intend to type out on here quite soon a list of the people I am mentioning alongside the obvious people like Tom Stelfox, Sammy Powell and Mark Harris etc etc. The people I want to add are the unsung heroes such as Sammy Stanley, Nigel Nutt, Queenie Price etc etc etc particularly board members, ground staff and the like. If you have any suggestions just post them on here, if I have not already done so I will add them to the list. This is one case you do not say "Don't tell him Pike" !!
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
6 months 1 week ago #78 by Paul S
Paul S replied the topic: BOOK.

2Trains1Bus wrote: Just for anyone who may be interested I have a spare, good condition copy of Sons Of Albion complete with loose honours page, which I intend to place on E-Bay this Sunday afternoon.

Would love this. Will PM you.

If I had the wings of a sparrow...

More
6 months 1 week ago #79 by eligorton
eligorton replied the topic: BOOK.
Al - how about as an incentive to reach 75 or 100 purchasers putting the names of these buyers in the book. Appreciate it would not be viable to personalise each copy !

PS - will it be available in Braille as some of us are getting no younger - only joking sure it will be out by Xmas !

I commend you for your efforts in taking on such a task !

More
6 months 1 week ago #80 by 2Trains1Bus
2Trains1Bus replied the topic: BOOK.

Paul S wrote:

2Trains1Bus wrote: Just for anyone who may be interested I have a spare, good condition copy of Sons Of Albion complete with loose honours page, which I intend to place on E-Bay this Sunday afternoon.

Would love this. Will PM you.

Sorry Paul S, not ignoring you it's just that my laptop won't let me access messages, it says I need chrome or something.

More
6 months 1 week ago #81 by Philrobbo
Philrobbo replied the topic: BOOK.
Two names Linda Johnson (tea hut main stand Central Ground ) Pigeon Buckley ground staff

More
6 months 1 week ago #82 by eligorton
Johnny " Pigeon " Buckley who could forget him ! Legend !

More
6 months 1 week ago #83 by WHEELS
WHEELS replied the topic: BOOK.
That's the lady, I couldn't remember her other name, only knew her as Linda.

More
6 months 6 days ago #84 by WHS
Just to say that the book is not complete, I am still researching names so if someone obvious is missing they will almost certainly be in the book when it comes to be published. As for naming the buyers, NOT ANOTHER LIST!!
WHS.
PS
Thanks to a kind offer from an anonymous person I can order as many as 200 books as they are happy to take the risk that they may not get all their money back if we don't sell most of them.
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
6 months 6 days ago #85 by Witton_Albion_fc
Witton_Albion_fc replied the topic: BOOK.
That's good news. I'm sure if you set up a stall at a home game, either in the social club or on the ground, you'd sell quite a few copies to people who
don't visit this site. The Football Club shouldn't mind if they're getting the profits.

More
6 months 6 days ago #86 by WHS
On the list along with around 200 others!!
WHS.

More
6 months 6 days ago #87 by WHS
Now also on the list!!
WHS.

More
6 months 6 days ago #88 by eligorton
Be a film out next " WHS LIST" directed by Steven Spielberg !

More
6 months 5 days ago #89 by WHS
Now there's a thought, would have a great cast!!
WHS.

More
5 months 4 weeks ago #90 by WHS
Just to clarify the way we will sell the book. We have to decide how many to order, 100 seems sensible. If we sell them all at £10 each after paying publishing costs the club should make about £250. If we could guarantee selling 200 they would cost less per copy to produce increasing the profit to the club to more like £700 as each copy would cost about £5 to produce instead of £7. I have orders for 50 or so. I am happy to put up enough money to buy the first fifty and someone else has said they would pay for maybe another 50 or 100. Until I get confirmation of this and confirmation of further possible sales I will stick to the 100 copies. As for "The List" of unsung heroes it now tops 200!!
WHS.

Time to create page: 0.373 seconds