Next Fixture

No events

1874 Northwich Fixtures

More
4 months 6 days ago #16 by batchman
batchman replied the topic: 1874 Northwich Fixtures
I feel there is too much thinking about our "relationship" with 1874. We have agreed limited use of our pitch to help them out of a hole with their fixture backlog. I don't think that is unreasonable, and would like to think they would do the same if the tables were turned. Regarding mergers and tie ups, that is pure fairy tale stuff. How could they possibly throw anything in to the pot to match our £2.5-3M asset? Possibly they may want to share next season, or the one after, who knows? But don't forget it's Witton who hold all the aces, and can agree or disagree dependent on OUR finances. and conditions at the time. Personally I have no problem in renting them the ground if and when it suits, provided the terms are acceptable to Witton. Don't forget there are other options open to both teams, and talk of mergers should be well and truly be put on the back shelf. I support Witton Albion, always have, and always will, and I don't even think name changes, mergers or anything else will ever happen. Just perhaps renting out our ground is an option and nothing more at this stage. I hope we don't lose supporters just on that basis, as we are trying to do what is in the best interests of Witton Albion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thatched tavern, WHEELS, Charliebel, swampytheflavell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 6 days ago #17 by swampytheflavell
swampytheflavell replied the topic: 1874 Northwich Fixtures
Graham, C of L'pool play at Bootle !!!!!

More
4 months 5 days ago #18 by Knutsfordian
Knutsfordian replied the topic: 1874 Northwich Fixtures
There's quite a simple solution for all Albion supporters who don't want to ground share with anyone else - come and watch all the home games ! There are too many who don't want us to share, but don't come to games either . You can't have it both ways. I appreciate there are reasons why some folks don't attend, but you therefore have to accept that there are reasons why the board need to share our facilities to keep us afloat. Simple maths really :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: vi8, C.J., Thatched tavern, albion forever

More
4 months 5 days ago #19 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: 1874 Northwich Fixtures
Spot on Knutsfordian and my apologies mentioned in an earlier thread that 2012 Winsford had a dreadful gate of "159" ! My mistake happy to apologise it was in fact officially " 149" lol.
As for the name no rush We have been Witton Albion FC since our founding thats a lot of years ! lets see what happens next season with a new team in charge UTA

Witton Albion for Life UTA

More
4 months 5 days ago #20 by Redigster 131
Redigster 131 replied the topic: 1874 Northwich Fixtures
I have no problem with a ground share with whoever. Take the money while we can I say. So long as we are getting a decent amount then everyones a winner. Just knock the merger / renaming talk on the head
The following user(s) said Thank You: albion forever

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #21 by The Albion Tea Hut
The Albion Tea Hut replied the topic: 1874 Northwich Fixtures
I hope that now they are one win from Wembley that we wont consider 'helping them out' anymore. let them play it at Winsford and if they cant get the game on the hard luck. If they win all their games in hand they will also be promoted. How happy I will be to have 'helped them out' with that.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #22 by Matt Cat
Matt Cat replied the topic: 1874 Northwich Fixtures
I drove one of the 3 1874 supporters coaches to Leighton Buzzard yesterday and had a brilliant day with plenty of Witton/1874 banter on my Coach.
I sincerely wished them well and i hope they now go on to the Final, as I said to them yesterday anything to spark a bit of interest in local football is a good thing even if they get lots of new support.
Wittons support is poor despite one of the best seasons and decent football yet Wittoners stay away which is killing the club yet moan about decisions the board make to bring funds in?!
Any new potential fan in the area would take one look at this forum and run for the hills, maybe we need to help each other and both teams can grow.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #23 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: 1874 Northwich Fixtures
Have to disagree Matt I hope they get battered and we should not give an ounce of help in the future, concentrate on our own club, in terms of gates lets not forget only a couple of weeks ago their home league gate was 149 ? UTA

Witton Albion for Life UTA

More
3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #24 by jap
jap replied the topic: 1874 Northwich Fixtures
Think Matty's been sniffing diesel?
Last Edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by WHEELS.

Time to create page: 1.262 seconds