Next Fixture

Runcorn Town v. Witton Albion (CSC Prelim).
3 days 14 hours and 00 minutes

Presidents and Chairmen.

More
9 months 1 week ago #1 by WHS
WHS created the topic: Presidents and Chairmen.
Does anyone have a list of Presidents and Chairmen of the club since the founding in 1890? I have a list of Presidents but I am not sure it is complete, as for Chairmen I have no list at all. Any help gratefully received. I hope to publish a book on the Albs at the end of this season based on Paul Lavell's and George Haspell's books and my own research. Copies of the book will cost around £15 to £20 with any profit going to the club. I hope to have one to "rent" in the Museum.
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Club Shop Online

Check out the great range of goods on sale at the Witton Albion Club Shop.

More
9 months 1 week ago #2 by eligorton
eligorton replied the topic: Presidents and Chairmen.
I'll wait till it is in " The Works " at £2.00 ☹️

More
9 months 1 week ago #3 by WHS
WHS replied the topic: Presidents and Chairmen.
Two things, if you wait until then the Albs will get nothing and what makes you think it will ever be in "The Works"? You have to sell hundreds, even thousands of copies before you get in there!! Seriously I do need the info I asked for to complete the book.
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
9 months 1 week ago #4 by WHS
Can I ask if anyone would be willing to proof read the book before it goes to the publishers as I want it to be as accurate as possible with no spelling mistakes and certainly no factual mistakes. It will be ready to proof read sometime in May 2017 after this season finishes and will be available to purchase or hire before the start of the 2017/2018 season. Did you spoy my deliberate mistake?
WHS.

More
9 months 5 days ago #5 by WHS
There are loads of photos in George's book, anyone know how I can get hold of them for this new version?
WHS.

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #6 by swampytheflavell
swampytheflavell replied the topic: Presidents and Chairmen.
Alan, I will introduce you to Andrew Haspell , son of Keith & nephew of George , he is usually at the games, He can probably help you connect with Georges family .

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #7 by WHS
Many thanks Flav.
WHS.

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #8 by jap
jap replied the topic: Presidents and Chairmen.
Or try the Museum?

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #9 by WHS
It seems rarely to be open on match days.
WHS.

Time to create page: 0.431 seconds