Next Fixture

Witton Albion v. Crewe Alexandra (PSF).
25 days 21 hours and 11 minutes

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Questions for the chair / manager / board

Questions for the chair / manager / board 3 years 7 months ago #31

C.J. wrote: Jesus He gets slated if He says nothing and slated if he does by some on here.


Damned if you do, damned if you don't...........seriously the only people who knew exactly what was said in interview are the people there and if they felt that the person who looked like the right person for the job could not fully commit to the job then they had to go with that

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Questions for the chair / manager / board 3 years 7 months ago #32

An interesting dilema then put onto Jim Gannon and his players knowing that if they keep winning then it could cost the supporters a chance of watching the team play in Northwich next season,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Questions for the chair / manager / board 3 years 7 months ago #33

WWWitton wrote:

C.J. wrote: Jesus He gets slated if He says nothing and slated if he does by some on here.


Damned if you do, damned if you don't...........seriously the only people who knew exactly what was said in interview are the people there and if they felt that the person who looked like the rig.ht person for the job could not fully commit to the job then they had to go with that


Just for clarity there was no issue with Prich's ability to fully commit to the job. His employers had cleared it so if that is a reason been given then it's simply not true. I wasn't privy to the interview (use that term very loosely) so I cannot say what was said. What I can say is that I spoke to him immediately afterwards and it didn't sound like there were many footballing questions asked. Therefore it must be said that the process wasn't a fair one. Since the it appears that Pritch has been thrown under the bus by certain individuals which is disappointing given the history. For me the level of Pritch's disappointment over the whole saga shows his passion for the club and how determined he was to turn around Witton's season. But that's that. Will a fans forum change anything? Probably not but the board certainly need to reconnect with parts of the fanbase. Sorry to come on here and moan but I cannot sit back and let lies be told.

PS I think Mark has been quite shrewd with the timing of the vics thing. Puts them in their place and he is just saying that he is considering all options available so I wouldn't be too quick to jump on him over this one. The annual review was always part of the deal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Questions for the chair / manager / board 3 years 7 months ago #34

I dont dispute for one minute what you say RO and I nailed my colours to the mast by saying I wanted Brian back and still would ! nothing in this whole affair saddens me more than the fallout with Pritch ! I guess though that what Mark is saying the panel were not convinced on some of the issues mentioned and possibly others and I dont know why ! but we are told of a few doubts, you may consider it a lie but they might consider it a genuine concern two views of the same issue are possible. I agree the board have a lot to do to bring the fans together some may never return but for me however sad or wrong the events its still My Club and until changes occur I will support the club and the board despite mistakes made (and I dont believe they were made either maliciously or not in the clubs best interest in their view ), not supporting them is not an option for Me.
Witton Albion for Life UTA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Questions for the chair / manager / board 3 years 7 months ago #35

You follow your club to the bitter end. That I agree with and been a Darlington fan know better than most in recent times how hard it can be!!!!

What I'm disputing here CJ is the fact that someone has cited Pritch's ability to commit as a reason for him not getting the job. That is a lie, whether one that is out of misinformation or misunderstanding. I know exactly the position he was in with his employers and it would have had no bearing on his ability to manage.
One thing he was pulled up on was the fact he didn't travel on the team bus. During his last tenure he didn't travel on the bus sometimes down to work, and other times simply because he picked up mike/Al/players/me in an effort to save their travelling expenses.

I don't recall any incidents on the team coach involving his players when he wasn't on the bus. Witton had a manager recently who did travel on the bus. Didn't bring anything extra to the discipline of the players.

You could say Brian refused to travel on the bus so now he's been thrown under it!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: eligorton, Greg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Questions for the chair / manager / board 3 years 7 months ago #36

rabbitsopinion wrote:
One thing he was pulled up on was the fact he didn't travel on the team bus. During his last tenure he didn't travel on the bus sometimes down to work, and other times simply because he picked up mike/Al/players/me in an effort to save their travelling expenses.


You could say Brian refused to travel on the bus so now he's been thrown under it!!!


Am I reading this right? So basically he didn't get the job that he'd already been offered because he didn't travel on the team bus??

Christ on a bike!! This is comedy genius!!

I'm sure if he was told that he would have to travel on the team bus or he wouldn't get the job then he would have!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Questions for the chair / manager / board 3 years 7 months ago #37

Now that we have a manager who interviews well AND travels on the team bus we should fly up the leagues in no time. mooney

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Questions for the chair / manager / board 3 years 7 months ago #38

M

ADwarvesdinner wrote:

rabbitsopinion wrote:
One thing he was pulled up on was the fact he didn't travel on the team bus. During his last tenure he didn't travel on the bus sometimes down to work, and other times simply because he picked up mike/Al/players/me in an effort to save their travelling expenses.


You could say Brian refused to travel on the bus so now he's been thrown under it!!!


Am I reading this right? So basically he didn't get the job that he'd already been offered because he didn't travel on the team bus??

Christ on a bike!! This is comedy genius!!

I'm sure if he was told that he would have to travel on the team bus or he wouldn't get the job then he would have!



Absolute bollox that Pritch didnt get the job because he didnt travel on the bus!!
There's so much rubbish coming from this that people are now making up ridiculous reasons why Pritch didnt get the job
ADwarvesdinner you are comedy gold but your not a Wittoner so please stop stirring s**t
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thatched tavern

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Questions for the chair / manager / board 3 years 7 months ago #39

Yeah got to admit this Dwarf bloke is a tool

Taken what was said out of context. Didn't say that he didn't get the job because of it, said it was something he was pulled up on. Maybe it was one of the 'off the field' problems Mark mentioned in his notes!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Questions for the chair / manager / board 3 years 7 months ago #40

thought brian got travel sick so thats why he went in car

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Questions for the chair / manager / board 3 years 7 months ago #41

The main reason I believe Mr Pritchard didn't get the job is because he would have stood up and questioned the absolute nonsense forced upon him by some board members regarding the development squad and the short term loan policy of young players that we are seeing week in week out. Carl probably bought into that more than Pritch would have done. We might as well put Mickey Mouse in as manager if the clubs signings and policy on transfers is directed from above, like a football agent for example :whistle: I feel very sorry for Carl and, looking back, for Scott and Sully to a certain extent too. These are my thoughts before even mentioning the budget.

And before Thatch Tavern and the like pile in and say Mark and others are available "at the bar" to answer questions I am fully aware of that. But to be honest I am extremely close to being past caring, just like many others are that are staying away.
If I had the wings of a sparrow...
The following user(s) said Thank You: jonnyamery

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Paul S.

Questions for the chair / manager / board 3 years 7 months ago #42

Think that the only way you will get Pritch back is if a Supporters Trust was running the club. How that transition from a limited company would or could take place I am not sure. I have in mind a person who would be ideal for a candidate for chairman. Would we have enough fans to make this happen ? I am afraid it's the only way I would return to the fold.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Questions for the chair / manager / board 3 years 7 months ago #43

eligorton wrote: Think that the only way you will get Pritch back is if a Supporters Trust was running the club. How that transition from a limited company would or could take place I am not sure. I have in mind a person who would be ideal for a candidate for chairman. Would we have enough fans to make this happen ? I am afraid it's the only way I would return to the fold.


Unfortunately Eli we don't have enough fans to make something like this happen, if we did I would fully support it. So us wittoners are stuck with what we have or nothing at all. Northwich Vi*s were very fortunate in that they had a big enough fan base (akin to the likes of Chester, Halifax, Hereford etc) to form a break away club. They called it 1874 Northwich and I'll stick my neck out I admire them in the way they run the club (by its fans for the fans) as it is transparent, honest and tries its best to involve the local community in everything it does. I have always hated V*cs but times in football have changed and as time goes on I feel less and less love to the one I have supported and followed all my life ie WAFC.
If I had the wings of a sparrow...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Questions for the chair / manager / board 3 years 7 months ago #44

MATT CAT & RABBITSOPINION what thoroughly unpleasant people you are resorting to personal insults. Shame on you!

Who regulates this forum? Or is it a free for all to swear and make personal insults?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Questions for the chair / manager / board 3 years 7 months ago #45

  • jonnyamery
  • jonnyamery's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Football Hero
  • Football Hero
  • Its a grand old team to play for!
  • Posts: 854
  • Karma: 5
  • Thank you received: 144

Paul S wrote: The main reason I believe Mr Pritchard didn't get the job is because he would have stood up and questioned the absolute nonsense forced upon him by some board members regarding the development squad and the short term loan policy of young players that we are seeing week in week out. Carl probably bought into that more than Pritch would have done. We might as well put Mickey Mouse in as manager if the clubs signings and policy on transfers is directed from above, like a football agent for example :whistle: I feel very sorry for Carl and, looking back, for Scott and Sully to a certain extent too. These are my thoughts before even mentioning the budget.

And before Thatch Tavern and the like pile in and say Mark and others are available "at the bar" to answer questions I am fully aware of that. But to be honest I am extremely close to being past caring, just like many others are that are staying away.


That my friend is BANG on the money, I had a telephone conversation with Sully when he left the day after and eluded to those exact points (not going into details or naming anyone)

As for the last caring I had the same conversation as we walked off the ground yesterday, we were speechless as we have said everything there is to say about this situation we are in, where do we go from here? The chairman even said in his notes in the programme this season is already over we are stabilising for next season, so what are we doing even bothering for? Sad times
Reach for the stars
And if you don't grab 'em,
At least you'll fall on top of the world
Think about it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds