Next Fixture

Buxton v. Witton Albion
3 days 12 hours and 04 minutes

Stafford Rangers vs Witton Albion.

More
2 months 6 hours ago #16 by Distantwittoner1
Distantwittoner1 replied the topic: Stafford Rangers vs Witton Albion.
Not the best performance of the season but an error by Greg & an unfortunate own goal cost us the game. We struggled defensively down the right & Stafford played on that. A change of shape 2nd half gave us more going forward & arguably we deserved a point, didn't do enough to win the game. I also thought we missed Tom Owens energy in midfield.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 4 hours ago #17 by Johno
Johno replied the topic: Stafford Rangers vs Witton Albion.
We are struggling to score goals in the league and have no width whatsoever. Take Rob out up top and we are toothless, we need a centre forward and winger ASAP if we are to entertain this year.

Good luck

More
2 months 3 hours ago #18 by Stevej1
Stevej1 replied the topic: Stafford Rangers vs Witton Albion.
Mmm..... I read these posts but don’t generally get involved although I go to most home and away games.
Problem for me is we need to decide what style of team we are, direct in style or football playing from the back, and pick a team accordingly!
We seem to want to play but bypass midfield so much. J. Foley was rightly our best midfielder last year so play him centre mid not on the right or left.
We have introduced defenders and midfielders this year and yet we struggle to score goals, doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work that one out. Gards was good last year why get a replacement, Wilson and river ended the year well why disrupt that?
We need width and some pace up front between their defenders.
This year could be a struggle we need a vision of what team we want to be and a plan to implement it.

Time to create page: 0.453 seconds