Next Fixture

No events

Witton Albion vs Shaw Lane AFC

More
4 months 2 days ago #16 by vi8
vi8 replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Shaw Lane AFC

ME wrote: I wonder why VJ, nearly three years since I went to the club, I still miss it like a close relative, there are many like me

People come and go .We are mere mortals who are a part of this amazing club .We will not be here as long as the club has been .We will be gone but hopefully the club will carry on .
So swallow your pride and get your arse over here . We need life long Wittoners like you here .UTA

Ave Witton.
We Love you.x
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thatched tavern

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 days ago #17 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Shaw Lane AFC
Great shout VJ, and my MOM Just about was Rob Hopley but it really was a "great team" performance UTA

Witton Albion for Life UTA

More
4 months 2 days ago #18 by jonnyamery
jonnyamery replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Shaw Lane AFC
Today was the best footballing performance I have seen Witton play since the demolition of Curzon in the playoff final, we were simply unplayable today from the start. The team balance is spot on at the minute, the back four are solid Wilson deserves massive credit for his attitude he has had to sit and watch most of the season but has come in and proved he is our best centre half at the club and paired with River they look very solid.

As Colin says Hopley was amazing today, but Foley was a close 2nd his vision for Dale's goal was unreal!

Reach for the stars
And if you don't grab 'em,
At least you'll fall on top of the world
Think about it

More
4 months 1 day ago #19 by vi8
vi8 replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Shaw Lane AFC
From Shaw Lane
Manager Paul Quinn looks back at the disappointing result at Witton Albion.
Shaw Lane lost their first game since New Year's Day away at Witton Albion yesterday.

It was three nil to the Wincham Park side by half time with goals by Matt Devine, Owen Dale and Steve Tames.

A fourth goal just after half time by captain Rob Hopley finished the scoring.

Manager Paul Quinn looked back at the last few weeks: "We've had a very testing few weeks and ultimately that's played a large part in today's disappointing performance.

"The players haven't played for 3 weeks and we've had training facilities disrupted due to the weather.

"That match sharpness, understandably, wasn't there. As a group we set ourselves high standards and we fell below those standards today.

"We talked about the threats Witton would pose today prior to the game and full credit to our opponents they fully deserved the win.

"The message to the players after the game was that we have to pick ourselves up and go again.

Ave Witton.
We Love you.x
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thatched tavern, swampytheflavell

More
4 months 1 day ago #20 by albion forever
albion forever replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Shaw Lane AFC
An excellent display by Witton. We controlled the game throughout and they rarely looked likely to score. I cannot pick out a mom cos every player put in a performance to make it a team effort, and what an effort. Well done to management and players for such a performance. Also a word of appreciation to the groundstaf in getting the pitch fit to play. UTA
The following user(s) said Thank You: vi8

Time to create page: 1.107 seconds