Next Fixture

Hednesford Town v. Witton Albion
3 days 05 hours and 11 minutes

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Witton Albion vs Warrington Town.

Witton Albion vs Warrington Town. 11 months 3 weeks ago #16

• C.J.
  • Away
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Thank you received: 432
I agree it needed a change earlier but we did not have the right players on the bench given all our injuries, the only One I would have contemplated was Mckenna on for Dale after about an hour.
Witton Albion for Life UTA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Witton Albion vs Warrington Town. 11 months 3 weeks ago #17

I thought we created a great opportunity to get something from today with our very good first half performance, we just about deserved to go in leading at half time. Throughout the second half we seemed to be just trying to hang on to that one nil lead, whether Warrington changed something or we just backed off goodness knows. We certainly played much deeper, had everyone back for their corners, free kicks and throw ins and really didn't have any attacking options. A draw would have been good after they equalised but we didn't quite hang on for that. We can certainly compete with the very best in this league so despite the huge disappointment today we mustn't loose faith COME ON THE ALBIOOON!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thatched tavern, albion forever

Witton Albion vs Warrington Town. 11 months 3 weeks ago #18

It was a game of two halves. If we'd got another when one up we probably would have gone on to win it and we didn't deserve a loss. Great to see us competing against the top clubs in the league and smiles on Wittoners faces today.

UTA
If I had the wings of a sparrow...

Witton Albion vs Warrington Town. 11 months 3 weeks ago #19

WHS wrote: Blame for this defeat lies,squarely on thé manager. Every person in the ground could see some legs had gone after 60 minutes yet no changes wére made whilst they made three. Once again we get à good gate and blow it
WHS.

Incredibly proud of our club and where we are. Carl Macauley has done an incredible job for our club with little resource, Warrington have a budget two or three times what we do and we were very unlucky to lose the game. It was one of those days get over it. UTA
The following user(s) said Thank You: albion forever

Last edit: by WHEELS.

Witton Albion vs Warrington Town. 11 months 3 weeks ago #20

Awful posts WHS !! You blurt some shit on here sometimes you really do !! How do you know what’s available and who’s available to change things ? Do you want to sit in the bench and make these decisions ? Because if you were we would still be in the NPL north !!! Where are you at Rushden ? rugby ? Romulus ? And market Drayton and Kidsgrove or a Wet midweek at Stocksbridge last season , hard battles . This season we are holding our own , more than in fact Instead of your negatives look at the positives and stop fcxking whinging !! Get behind the players !! .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul S, albion forever, witton massive77

Witton Albion vs Warrington Town. 11 months 3 weeks ago #21

TWSfooty wrote: Awful posts WHS !! You blurt some shit on here sometimes you really do !! How do you know what’s available and who’s available to change things ? Do you want to sit in the bench and make these decisions ? Because if you were we would still be in the NPL north !!! Where are you at Rushden ? rugby ? Romulus ? And market Drayton and Kidsgrove or a Wet midweek at Stocksbridge last season , hard battles . This season we are holding our own , more than in fact Instead of your negatives look at the positives and stop fcxking whinging !! Get behind the players !! .

Every Wittoner I spoke to today said they would have snapped someones hand off at the start of the season to be sat where we are now. There is one person in particular we need to thank for that and much more - Admiral Macauley. UTA
The following user(s) said Thank You: TWSfooty, oddfellow

Last edit: by WHEELS.

Witton Albion vs Warrington Town. 11 months 3 weeks ago #22

We had 4 first team players out through injury. From a small squad compared to 95% of the teams in this league. If we could of got another goal early in the second half it could of been 3 points to us. It didn't happen. They send on experience players to change the game. And it worked . We haven't got the money to fill the bench with game changers .The guys that played today gave their all to get the points and I was proud to see their effort. We were unlucky . That's football. If any of you moaners can come up with any ideas how we can get more money into the club to get a bigger squad. Then step forward. Until then for me top 10 going into the new year job done Carl and team well f**kin done
I have no idea what I am doing. But incompetence has never prevented me from plunging in with enthusiasm."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thatched tavern, TWSfooty, albion forever

Witton Albion vs Warrington Town. 11 months 3 weeks ago #23

Not a disgraceful result at all in my opinion. Not sure how many new fans were in the 500 crowd today, probably the Alty home game was more damaging for encouraging new people to come back. Keep singing guys and girls. Xxx

Witton Albion vs Warrington Town. 11 months 3 weeks ago #24

• WHS
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Just call me "WHS"
  • Thank you received: 163
I was tempted to give à two word reply but thought better of it. McKenna was on the bench and Hopley was used as a defender just à week ago. We had options but our assistant manager sat on his hands until thé 87th minute. Players did well, assistant manager did not, in my opinion!!
WHS
I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

Witton Albion vs Warrington Town. 11 months 3 weeks ago #25

• WHS
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Just call me "WHS"
  • Thank you received: 163
I am one of the moaners according to you I suppose. My book on thé club bas put over £700 into thé kitty so I think I have put enough into the club this year to be entitled to an opinion. To say we had no one on the bench is to insult McKenna, but just my opinion!#
WHS.
I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: eligorton

Witton Albion vs Warrington Town. 11 months 3 weeks ago #26

Your entitled to speak your mind WHS - take no notice !

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds