Next Fixture

Witton Albion v. Matlock Town
0 days 10 hours and 36 minutes

Witton Albion vs Workington AFC.

More
1 month 1 week ago #16 by marston mauler
marston mauler replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Workington AFC.
A fantastic win tonight and a great team performance. The ref indicated an elbow by Prince, there was no elbow no violent conduct no affect on the Workington player and no appeal by any Workington player. What the ref thought he saw not one other single person saw even players closer that he was, a very strange decision!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #17 by Thatched tavern
Thatched tavern replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Workington AFC.
My 1st game of the season, due to being out of the country, and a fantastic performance, especially considering playing more than a third of the game with 10 men. Very proud of the Witton players, and the management team.....very well done!!!!

Six out of seven dwarfs arn't happy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul S

More
1 month 6 days ago #18 by Knutsfordian
Knutsfordian replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Workington AFC.
Oh how we needed that win and performance ! Well done all. The will to win and work rate, especially in the last 30 mins with 10 men, was tremendous.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thatched tavern

More
1 month 6 days ago #19 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Workington AFC.
A much needed and well deserved win, the effort was just great they never stopped working despite the referee having a brain storm to send of Prince for - well nothing really just very strange and 100% wrong that one , even the opposition players could not believe it and were taking the mickey out of the ref. Well played Witton we can play better but no one could fight harder for the manager ! great to see Devine back I would like to see him in tandem with McKenna on the left. UTA

Witton Albion for Life UTA
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thatched tavern, swampytheflavell

More
1 month 6 days ago #20 by Philrobbo
Philrobbo replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Workington AFC.
Proud to be a Wittoner last night everybody played their part in the win . Need to improve in front of goal though

More
1 month 6 days ago #21 by WHS
WHS replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Workington AFC.
Appeal?
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
1 month 6 days ago #22 by albion forever
albion forever replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Workington AFC.
A brilliant win, earned by tremendous spirit from a resolute display. Offset by the ridiculous decision to send Prince off. What was the referee thinking. Onwards now to Saturday, another performance like last night's will surely see us taking the 3 points. UTA

More
1 month 5 days ago #23 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Workington AFC.
If the ref puts in his report he "SAW " an elbow and He will, you can forget an appeal they always believe the the referee.

Witton Albion for Life UTA

More
1 month 5 days ago #24 by WHS
WHS replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Workington AFC.
What about his assistants reports?
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
1 month 5 days ago #25 by john8b
john8b replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Workington AFC.
A great all round battling performance. I would like to add a special thanks to Calvin. 94th minute, last kick of the game, the ball on our touchline, a lovely cross in to the 6 yard box, Calvin flung him himself out and just got enough on the ball with his fingers to divert the ball away from 2 workington players waiting in the middle. Thanks Calvin

More
1 month 5 days ago #26 by econneely
econneely replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Workington AFC.
I thought all the games this season were to be video'd? Surely that would have cleared up the sending off incident (depends on how far "off the ball" it was of course) and aided an appeal?

WAFC Supporters Club - Otley Branch

More
1 month 5 days ago #27 by WHEELS
WHEELS replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Workington AFC.
My understanding is that the game was filmed and video evidence is required apparently to support any appeal. Whether it will help is another matter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: econneely

More
1 month 5 days ago #28 by Charliebel
Charliebel replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Workington AFC.
I wouldnt have thought the assistants would be required to fill in a report.
The only way I could see that happening is if the decision was on the recomendation of the assistant .
Id love to see the refs report though.

More
1 month 5 days ago #29 by WHEELS
WHEELS replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Workington AFC.
Video highlights of the game are now on the Official website: www.wittonalbionfc.co.uk .

I've looked and I can't see anything conclusive from the incident leading to the sending off.

More
1 month 5 days ago #30 by marston mauler
marston mauler replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Workington AFC.
Quite obviously that video is the basis of a successful appeal. I've rarely seen such a pathetic sending off in a lifetime of watching football. Obviously the referee THOUGHT he saw an elbow by Prince, there was no elbow, the referee was mistaken.

Time to create page: 0.583 seconds