Next Fixture

Witton Albion v. Matlock Town
0 days 10 hours and 36 minutes

Witton Albion vs Mickleover Sports.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #31 by wittonrobbo
wittonrobbo replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Mickleover Sports.
I'm not going to single out the players but I hope the Carl and the team have noted the same individuals.

But the kids in local schools are taught from a young age how to pass, some players need to go back and learn the basics

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #32 by vi8
vi8 replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Mickleover Sports.
I do not consider myself as an expert on football tactics but why oh why the players were taking so long to make decisions . Every time a player got the ball he looked around unsure then passed the ball moments later .By that time the opposition were in place .
What happened to touch and pass ? Why take so much time in making decisions .
Do forgive me if my observation is way off the mark ,as I said I am no expert .

Ave Witton.
We Love you.x

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #33 by WHS
WHS replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Mickleover Sports.
My thoughts exactly! We played fast, aggressive football last season, this was neither. One or two players do appear to be out of their depth, but thankfully not our goalkeeper!
WHS

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #34 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Mickleover Sports.
Well having no width restricts your passing options, so without Devine and Haywood we certainly lack both width and pace and therefore the midfield take longer to try and find a pass often going too long or backwards making us negative ! Carl must see it surely and we need to have some more options on the flanks or change our shape to suit ie 5-3-2 or 4-3-3.

Witton Albion for Life UTA

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #35 by WHS
I thought McKenna did well on the left but lacked support at times, we never threatened on the right for the same reason, having just one man wide is a poor tactic, he needs support to give options.
WHS

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #36 by Johno
Johno replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Mickleover Sports.
Poor tactics by the manager today simple as. I am sure he will learn from it. UTA

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #37 by WHS
I hope so, "Don't fix something that ain't broke"!
WHS.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #38 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Mickleover Sports.
Well it is a bit broken by poor signings ? we dont have a winger at the club who is worth playing unless you move Prince back out there and move Matty Devine forward but Prince has been our best central midfielder so far ! Ryan and Brown do not look as secure as Brown/Lycett/Wilson did last season and we are struggling upfront as well at this level ! only doing well when all 3 strikers played in a 4-3-3. All this is making us less attractive to watch and fickle fans do drop off ? so it does need "fixing" surely, start with a change of shape with the players we have 5-3-2 or 4-3-3 and work on trying to get in at least a good right winger and get Devine back fit and we might be ok to play 4-4-2 ideally we need a pacy striker also as an option ?

Witton Albion for Life UTA

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #39 by WHS
I was referring to style not content. Last season the ball was moved forward immediately if not sooner, now it takes an age to cross the half way line. Last season we played for the "second ball" a la Wimbledon, this season we are playing like a very bad Barcelona!!
WHS

More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #40 by Charliebel
Charliebel replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Mickleover Sports.
Dont know where Wimbledon comes from. Last season we played some of the best football seen at Wincham Park in a long time, certainly not direct.
The major difference is the quality of opposition we come up against, you get promoted you step up in standard.
Weve had a bad week so what, it happens to the best of teams. We've had no luck with injuries and no luck in games.
We dont become a bad team over night
Last Edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by Charliebel.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #41 by Johno
Johno replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Mickleover Sports.

Charliebel wrote: Dont know where Wimbledon comes from. Last season we played some of the best football seen at Wincham Park in a long time, certainly not direct.
The major difference is the quality of opposition we come up against, you get promoted you step up in standard.
Weve had a bad week so what, it happens to the best of teams. We've had no luck with injuries and no luck in games.
We dont become a bad team over night

Yesterday was not down to bad luck but poor management. Their manager got it right and ours didn't. Nothing to do with the players. Colin is spot on, we have no width at all and at the moment pose little threat up front. It's early days but rather than get stuck in a rut it needs addressing now. It's difficult enough trying to get fans through the gates without serving up the dross we have seen in the last couple of home games. I am confident Carl will adjust and sort it out UTA

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #42 by Philrobbo
Philrobbo replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Mickleover Sports.
We have no pace front to back when Devine is not playing.Cant see where the next goals coming from if we don’t get a penalty.No width and the centre forwards have no pace and don’t win the balls in the air playing against much better players in this league .Going to be a long season unless changes are made .

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #43 by Paul S
Paul S replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Mickleover Sports.
Agree re no width, I'd like to see Prince out right with his pace with McKenna or Foley out wide on the other side. Williams and Owens in the middle worked a treat last season so what like to see us go back to that.

We've had a good start despite a poor week or two. No need to panic. UTA

If I had the wings of a sparrow...

More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #44 by WHEELS
WHEELS replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Mickleover Sports.
I would put McKenna in front of Matty Devine on the left and have Owens & Foley in the middle with Prince on the right.
Last Edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by WHEELS.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #45 by Paul S
Paul S replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Mickleover Sports.

WHEELS wrote: I would put McKenna in front of Matty Devine on the left and have Owens & Foley in the middle with Prince on the right.

Why would you not have Williams in the middle Derek? I am surprised that other Wittoners do not have him as a starter every week for us too. For me he was outstanding last season and he is the main ball winner we have in the middle of the park, absolutely essential to have him in there for me. We seem to get easily overrun in midfield and desperately need Williams or someone of his ilk to put a foot in. We are too lightweight without him.

UTA

If I had the wings of a sparrow...

Time to create page: 0.702 seconds