Next Fixture

Witton Albion v. Matlock Town
0 days 10 hours and 22 minutes

Witton Albion vs South Shields (FAC1Q).

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #31 by Johno
Johno replied the topic: Witton Albion vs South Shields (FAC1Q).
Out at the first hurdle with a whimper. Quality signings needed asap as that performance today is simply unacceptable.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #32 by WHEELS
WHEELS replied the topic: Witton Albion vs South Shields (FAC1Q).
I think the only good thing to come out of today is that we've avoided a long trip on a Tuesday night.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #33 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: Witton Albion vs South Shields (FAC1Q).
Any news on Gards injury hopefull not too bad but he took 2 horrible tackles today and the weak willed referee let them get away with it ! then we had to go 4-4-2 with no defenders to bring on ! and we struggled thereafter no balance to the squad at all.

Witton Albion for Life UTA

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #34 by Knutsfordian
Knutsfordian replied the topic: Witton Albion vs South Shields (FAC1Q).
From the start I watched this game without any optimism. We just don't seem to be getting forward with any real conviction that we can score. I am not sure the current formation is working in terms of the players we have but I am sure that won't be lost on Carl M. as for the game - their number 10 was lucky to stay on the pitch after carting Guards, but other than that they were well worth their win and good luck to the SS in the next round. We have to take it on the chin and move on but I can't help but think last year's team would have seen this through. Perhaps we need to reflect on what's changed and how we get back to what we had .

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #35 by postyred
postyred replied the topic: Witton Albion vs South Shields (FAC1Q).
i've only seen us once this season but feel last years side is better than this

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #36 by WHS
WHS replied the topic: Witton Albion vs South Shields (FAC1Q).
We are at a higher standard and have lost to two clubs with money behind them, why the panic? And if you want better players put some money in or get someone else to put it in. I am disappointed but for goodness sake keep things in perspective.
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vi8

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #37 by Philrobbo
Philrobbo replied the topic: Witton Albion vs South Shields (FAC1Q).
Doesn't take a football genius to see that this team is weaker than last season . If we had been able to keep all of last seasons players we would have to improve certain positions now we are playing at a higher level every week . The manager needs to act fast or else all the good work from last season will be wasted .

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #38 by C.J.
WHS Carl has had a big increase in budget so I dont thing money is the biggest issue, but the quality of our signing with the extra budget has not been great, Ryan is no better than Lycett, Foley is ok but does not last 90 minutes, the rest of the signings are simply not good enough (based on what we have seen) for this level and none would have got in last years team. Today the team were generally poor going forwards and never looked like scoring and taking Tames of and going 4-4-2 was a mistake and gave the initiative to SS we have to get some better players in to take advantage of our promotion.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #39 by marston mauler
marston mauler replied the topic: Witton Albion vs South Shields (FAC1Q).
I really cannot believe the pathetic negativity about this game! We were without Rob who was really missed and Gards had to be stretchered off meaning we had to change the formation. We pressed and were more positive than against Alty and were very much in the game until well into the second half. Well done and the very best of luck to South Shields they deserved the win and their fans were fantastic....

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #40 by Johno
Johno replied the topic: Witton Albion vs South Shields (FAC1Q).

marston mauler wrote: I really cannot believe the pathetic negativity about this game! We were without Rob who was really missed and Gards had to be stretchered off meaning we had to change the formation. We pressed and were more positive than against Alty and were very much in the game until well into the second half. Well done and the very best of luck to South Shields they deserved the win and their fans were fantastic....

Not sure which game you were watching. The new signings have not improved the team simple as........Carl needs to act now as we pose absolutely no threat at all going forward. If we were still playing now we still wouldn't have scored against a well organised SS side.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #41 by Callum99
Callum99 replied the topic: Witton Albion vs South Shields (FAC1Q).
Has anyone thought that our two last games were Altrincham and South Shields? I mean James Poole and Julio Arca ffs. Our signings have not been up to scratch and it shocks me how teams like Farsley can have a strike force of Nathan Cartman and James Walshaw up front and we can't. Surely we have a budget bigger than Farsley Celtic? As we tend to say...Onwards and Upwards

More
2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #42 by TWSfooty
TWSfooty replied the topic: Witton Albion vs South Shields (FAC1Q).
Not great today or against Altrincham . Have to say even the victories we have had we've really hard work to get .
I think maybe the formation isn't right and not working , we sit far too deep and invite sides far too easily to build from the back . No pressure or closing down . I felt we were fortunate at Workington and Mickleover playing this way . Have to admit not impressed with Evans or Newby .... at the moment . Both don't seem to be comfortable on the ball and lose it easy . It is still early days though so I'd give it a few more games before any changes in the squad .
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by WHEELS.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #43 by C.J.
Spot on Trev, I think Evans and Newby were brought in to be our star wingers right and left with Prince moving into the middle with Williams/Foley but they have been that poor Along with Greenop we had to bring in an 18 year old on loan to play 3 in the centre of midfield ( because we dont have a pair to be fit/good enough in the middle with a 2 ! Prince being the only one ) and play without said wingers, for me its not too early to make changes. I hope they are out there looking for at least 3 players, And also hope Rob is available after his trip, Gards is fit and both can play Tuesday vs Marine ? UTA

Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by WHEELS.

Time to create page: 0.651 seconds