Next Fixture

Whitby Town v. Witton Albion
0 days 22 hours and 39 minutes

Witton Albion vs Buxton

More
3 months 1 week ago #31 by WHS
WHS replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Buxton
I still feel for Hare, one bad mistake and the critics will have a field day.
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 week ago #32 by marston mauler
marston mauler replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Buxton
It was a great result and a great team performance all round against a good and resolute Buxton side. Bring on Sutton Coldfield on Saturday.

More
3 months 1 week ago #33 by Redigster 131
Redigster 131 replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Buxton
I wasn't too sure at first about the formation with 3 centre backs. However I thought that we look far better defensively than for a very long time. Struggled to start with attacking wise but I thought as the game wore on we gained in confidence and I was impressed by the end. Keeper played well.

More
3 months 1 week ago #34 by JT
JT replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Buxton

WHS wrote: I still feel for Hare, one bad mistake and the critics will have a field day.
WHS.

Here we go already. 2 games into the new season and Hare's superfan is at it again.

. Keepers make a mistake and people notice, a striker misses a chance and no one bats an eyelid. Didn't you know this is how football works

More
3 months 1 week ago #35 by WHS
My gripe has always been that people have criticised Hare from the moment he replaced Robert's. I am not his "Superfan" as you put it I just wanted him to be given a fair crack of the whip. It is not his fault that Roberts and our Manager did not see eye to eye. Of course keepers who make a mistake get pilloried more than outfield players who make similar clock-up, I have watched football long enough to know that for goodness sake!

WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thatched tavern

More
3 months 6 days ago #36 by Redigster 131
Redigster 131 replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Buxton
Have to agree with WHS on this one. Too many people can't wait for Hare to make a mistake so they can twist the knife. They will have been disappointed on Tuesday as he had a good game. Why not get behind him and give him some support.

More
3 months 6 days ago - 3 months 6 days ago #37 by TWSfooty
TWSfooty replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Buxton
Hare is a good keeper , he will do well at Witton .
Danny couldn't agree terms , it wasn't a question of not seeing eye to eye .
Terms meaning his deal offered by the club details of which is confidential as it is like any other contract that you and I would sign with an employer . So Carl is not at liberty to give any details .
If you can't agree with the employer you either accept or move on .
So now we have Hare , and is doing fine and he will do fine I'm sure with a longer run .
By the way there were several mistakes by outfield players that no one mentions on here , stray passes , out run , and the worst one was one of our players ducking out of a 60/40 in his favour , on a one on one with their keeper on Saturday . So less of having a go at the keeper get behind him
Last Edit: 3 months 6 days ago by TWSfooty.

More
3 months 6 days ago #38 by WHS
If Hare turns out to be a mistake I trust the manager to correct that mistake, until then just give the lad a chance.
WHS.

More
3 months 5 days ago #39 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Buxton
Hare was not criticised on taking up Dannys spot but on making several big errors last season, looking less than commanding and not impressing greatly in preseason ! However He played well on Tuesday so great and I hope he keeps playing well and the team keeps winning no problem at all with that.
One final point if Carl had wanted Danny to stay He Would have stayed and a deal could easily have been sorted but ultimately Carl made his choice.

Witton Albion for Life UTA

More
3 months 5 days ago #40 by WHS
And got us promoted.
WHS.

Time to create page: 0.482 seconds