Next Fixture

Runcorn Town v. Witton Albion (CSC Prelim).
1 days 14 hours and 41 minutes

Shaw Lane AFC vs Witton Albion.

More
6 months 1 week ago #16 by WHEELS
WHEELS replied the topic: Shaw Lane AFC vs Witton Albion.
Witton Substitution:

Steven Tames replaced by Tolani Omotola on 77 minutes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 1 week ago #17 by WHEELS
Chance for Witton on 81 minutes - Prince Haywood's shot goes wide.

More
6 months 1 week ago - 6 months 1 week ago #18 by WHEELS
Witton Substitution:

Paul Williams replaced by Karl Noon on 88 minutes.

Yellow card:

Shaw Lane's Neil Austin on 90 minutes.
Last Edit: 6 months 1 week ago by WHEELS.

More
6 months 1 week ago - 6 months 1 week ago #19 by WHEELS
Yellow card:

Shaw Lane's Jonathan Stewart on 90+3 minutes.

Full Time Score from Shaw Lane Sports Club:

Shaw Lane AFC 1 Witton Albion 0.
Last Edit: 6 months 1 week ago by WHEELS.

More
6 months 1 week ago #20 by Knutsfordian
Knutsfordian replied the topic: Shaw Lane AFC vs Witton Albion.
This morning a few of us were discussing how we thought the game would go. The consensus was Shaw Lane wouldn't let us play, would break up the game at every opportunity, long ball and play in the final 3rd, lots of fouls and niggles, a few bookings and there may be 1 goal in it. That's pretty well how it turned out. The game had few real chances, they took one of theirs and we didn't. We never seemed to get going in the second half - a game too far maybe at the end of along run of games. The gate was 609 - a huge proportion of which were wittoners, probably over half. Hey ho its not over yet and Saturday brings Stamford

More
6 months 1 week ago #21 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: Shaw Lane AFC vs Witton Albion.
Well we huffed and puffed but really could not get going, the pitch was poor, the wind was gusting and really it suited SL with their direct hoof it style, they also defended pretty well as a compact 8 in front of the keeper making it hard for us, just about the right scoreline ! disappointing but that is how it goes sometimes. Important now to get everyone fit and rested for the playoffs, really we need Prince fit and at his best and Tames up front we have a much better balance and threat that way again. Disappointed to see Roberts on the bench but for whatever reason Carl keeps picking Hare so I guess thats that one settled till next season. Great following and support from the Witton fans for a trip like that to take 250-300 on a night match is superb, tripling SLs best gate ? UTA

Witton Albion for Life UTA

More
6 months 1 week ago #22 by Knutsfordian

More
6 months 1 week ago #23 by Knutsfordian
you can see the shot that hit the post in the same place too

www.shawlaneafc.com/teams/134649/match-centre/1-2190296

More
6 months 1 week ago #24 by witton massive77
witton massive77 replied the topic: Shaw Lane AFC vs Witton Albion.
I just got home from what's probably my last ever Witton game. I got back on the 'supporters bus' to find that my seat and my sons were taken so when I started to question why.. I was started on by a so called Witton fan or two. If my lad wasn't with me I'd have snapped them in half (feel free to pm me and I'll meet you one and one ) otherwise good luck Witton. I don't need that in my life.
Delete this post Graham if you want to but this shit needs sorting out!

More
6 months 1 week ago #25 by Matt Cat
Matt Cat replied the topic: Shaw Lane AFC vs Witton Albion.

witton massive77 wrote: I just got home from what's probably my last ever Witton game. I got back on the 'supporters bus' to find that my seat and my sons were taken so when I started to question why.. I was started on by a so called Witton fan or two. If my lad wasn't with me I'd have snapped them in half (feel free to pm me and I'll meet you one and one ) otherwise good luck Witton. I don't need that in my life.

I witnessed this and was appalled at the behaviour of this bloke, never seen him before and hope i don't see him again!
Keep supporting the club Witton massive it's the other bloke who should stop going and should definitely be banned from the supporters coach!!

More
6 months 1 week ago #26 by Johno
Johno replied the topic: Shaw Lane AFC vs Witton Albion.

witton massive77 wrote: I just got home from what's probably my last ever Witton game. I got back on the 'supporters bus' to find that my seat and my sons were taken so when I started to question why.. I was started on by a so called Witton fan or two. If my lad wasn't with me I'd have snapped them in half (feel free to pm me and I'll meet you one and one ) otherwise good luck Witton. I don't need that in my life.

Seems a bit drastic. How did you get home if your seats had been taken??? On a more positive note we head towards the playoffs but with home advantage. If we get the same level of support that we received last night we will be fine. At the start of the season we would all of settled for the playoffs I'm sure. UTA

More
6 months 1 week ago #27 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: Shaw Lane AFC vs Witton Albion.
This should be investigated by the club and resolved - from the sounds of it Witton-Massive 77 is owed an apOlogy at least, dont give up on Witton for one fan who possibly had had too much excitement on the day UTA

Witton Albion for Life UTA
The following user(s) said Thank You: econneely

More
6 months 1 week ago - 6 months 1 week ago #28 by WHS
WHS replied the topic: Shaw Lane AFC vs Witton Albion.
Sad this, I really enjoyed the trip though I probably "Bent the ear" too much as I usually do! It is why I never stay in one place when I watch a match, I move before I bore! The man I was trying to think of who I think played in goal for Vics when we beat them 6-1 at the Drill Field many moons ago was Barry O'Neill. Why someone would take someone else's seat on a coach which had a couple spare I have no idea unless they were drunk and wanting a fight.
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.
Last Edit: 6 months 1 week ago by WHS.

More
6 months 1 week ago - 6 months 1 week ago #29 by econneely
econneely replied the topic: Shaw Lane AFC vs Witton Albion.
Firstly, the incident on the bus should be dealt with swiftly by the club. Name and shame the idiot and also issue a lifetime ban from watching us ever again. WM77 please don't give up on the club just because on 1 idiot.

Secondly, last night's game was football Jim, but not as we know it. No wonder they only get 100 people turning up to watch that. Cannot fault the fact they deserved to win. The windy conditions and rock-hard beach-like pitch suited their style of play. Did they ever put 2-3 passes together during the whole game before the ball was hoofed over the top of our defence?

Can't fault our effort over the run in, although understandably our heads did go down after their goal. The chances they created after that were purely down to us perhaps overplaying in midfield given the conditions and also our inevitable push for the equaliser left us exposed at the back.

Not over yet of course, but the fat lady is clearing her throat - UTA!

WAFC Supporters Club - Otley Branch
Last Edit: 6 months 1 week ago by econneely.

More
6 months 1 week ago #30 by WHS
WHS replied the topic: Shaw Lane AFC vs Witton Albion.
As for the game, dreadful pitch, dreadful conditions dreadful game. The ball was in the air most of the match because the pitch was so bumpy, not fit for Sunday League.As the say "It ain't over 'til it's over, you never know with football.
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

Time to create page: 0.364 seconds