Next Fixture

No events

Club Shop Online

Check out the great range of goods on sale at the Witton Albion Club Shop.

New book on the history of Witton Albion

If anyone would like to order a copy of the book, written by Allen Lowe (WHS on here), please post on the ' BOOK ' thread or contact Allen directly. The book should be published later this year, Allen will need to know the number required. The book will cost in the region of £10, all profits will go to the club.
Please spread the message to any Wittoners you know who no longer get to games or who do not use this forum.

Witton Albion vs Spalding United

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #16 by WHEELS

Chance for Witton on 90 minutes - Will Jones shot goes over the top.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #17 by WHEELS

4 minutes of added time.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #18 by WHEELS

Chance for Spalding on 90+2 minutes - Matt Varley's shot just glances the Albion crossbar.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago - 3 weeks 2 days ago #19 by WHEELS

Full Time Score from The NetDec Stadium:

Witton Albion 2 Spalding United 2.

Yellow cards:

Witton Albion: Anthony Brown, Steven Tames, Rob Hopley.

Spalding United: Nathan Stainfield, Bradley Wells, Jordan Lemon.

Last Edit: 3 weeks 2 days ago by WHEELS.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #20 by Knutsfordian

A great performance from the lads given the circumstances and schedule. At 2-0 we were flying but then let Spalding back into the game within a minute. If we could have consolidated at 2-0 I think we would have seen the game out, but that quick fire reply put heart back into Spalding and it seemed inevitable that they would get back to 2-2. Even then we had chances to win it, but couldn't find the final touch to see us home. By no means a disaster so on we go again.

Just one final mention for the ref - thought he was very poor .............

The following user(s) said Thank You: Thatched tavern

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #21 by C.J.

Ref was definitely poor, and my one thought on consolidation would have been : BRING DANNY ROBERTS ON !!!!
Thought the lads gave every thing and scored 2 cracking goals, but with Hare in goal the defence looks uncomfortable so I really do hope the mgt rethink that decision or it could cost us the title.

Witton Albion for Life UTA

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #22 by 2Trains1Bus

That result was a bit of a let off for Shaw £ane.Should have been two points ahead of them but for a one sided ref and lack of a decent keeper. If Spalding have that ref in the play offs, they should go all the way.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #23 by Paul S

Why on earth would anyone rest their goalkeeper??? There has to be more to it than this surely. If Roberts was injured fair enough but it just doesn't make sense if he wasn't.

If I had the wings of a sparrow...

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #24 by Johno

Gutted tonight....at 2-0 we were comfortable and in total control. It is difficult to criticise the management for their fantastic efforts this season but to leave the leagues best goalkeeper sat on the bench is puzzling to say the very least. Like somebody previously mentioned there must be more to it.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #25 by marston mauler

We have to trust our management team about Danny being on the bench there must be good reason behind what seems a strange decision. We could have won this game and we could have lost it too I'd have to praise our lads in the circumstances of all these games Prince picking up an injury on Tuesday was really unfortunate and Will Jones could have won it tonight but it just wouldn't go in he was absolutely gutted but we can still do this heads up lads and go again on Saturday COME ON THE ALBIOOOOON!!

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #26 by JT

Echo what others have said, why is the best keeper in the league sitting on the bench??? A keeper does not need to be rested! He was on the bench Tue which we thought was to be rested for tonight, was gobsmacked when he was on the bench again tonight. that decision has probably cost us the title!

why didn't Carl use the subs tonight?? some of the lads were knackered and we'd gone from 2- 0 up to 2-2 so why not bring the subs on??

The management have done a tremendous job this season but I'm struggling with their poor decisions lately

I am going to bed angry and frustrated

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #27 by C.J.

Roberts wasnt rested or injured We were told but "was not in favour" !!! Bonkers indeed ! A 9 out of 10 keeper most games great shot stopper, makes good decisions, great handling, confident, imposing and always looks assured as does the defence when He is in the nets, His understudy Hare meanwhile is just a shot stopper ( as long as its not too high ) I dont care what the reasons are but it really needs sorting out PDQ. If we are involved in the playoffs or for the SL game I for one and Id say 99% of the Witton crowd last night would want Roberts back in the nets-it was the biggest conversation by a mile last night. UTA

Witton Albion for Life UTA

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #28 by Bob1874

I wouldn't worry. At least when you go to Shaw Lane you know you need to win as oppose to them thinking a draw will do. Only one winner when that happens.

It is still in your hands - win out and it`s all yours!!!

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #29 by WHS

We took a gamble.
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
3 weeks 2 days ago - 3 weeks 2 days ago #30 by WHS

We could draw at Shaw Lane then beat Vics 10-0 and take the title!! Seriously, it was a strange decision to leave out Roberts but Hare did keep a clean sheet on Tuesday night. Managers make decisions, we just watch, going by the position we are in I would say our manager has got most decisions right! The ref was awful but asking semi-pros to play and win game after game with virtually no rest in between was always going to be a BIG ask. Maybe Newcastle and Kidsgrove can do us favours in the coming few days, who knows, we might lose at Shaw Lane and still win the title, if not and it has to be the play-offs so be it, we might set a record as the only team ever to get 100 points and not go up!!! I have faith in these lads, they have not gone through the trial and tribulations of this season to let it go easily and they WILL take us up I am sure.
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.
Last Edit: 3 weeks 2 days ago by WHS.

Time to create page: 0.599 seconds