Next Fixture

Sutton Coldfield Town v. Witton Albion
6 days 20 hours and 06 minutes

Witton Albion vs Shaw Lane AFC

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #31 by marston mauler
marston mauler replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Shaw Lane AFC
Flippin heck what a game and what a great result well done to one and all tonight!! COME ON THE ALBIOOOOON!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #32 by Knutsfordian
Knutsfordian replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Shaw Lane AFC
to be honest it was such a topsy turvy game that its difficult to give an easy answer to that question.

so lets start with the easy bit. We won. Everyone worked their socks off. The best bit of football in the game was Prince opening up their defence for our 3rd goal.

After that it all gets a bit messy. They had lots of the ball, for long periods we were holding on, but then we could have been 4-2- up before the end.

so 3 more points. all to play for and lets see what happens.............

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #33 by stacky10
stacky10 replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Shaw Lane AFC
Great 3 points !! Certainly rattled Shaw Lane by going 3 up at half time. Not pretty in the 2nd half at times. But fantastic grit and all working for each other. Kept discipline well. All to play for now !!

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #34 by stacky10
stacky10 replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Shaw Lane AFC
Now need to keep everyone fit. Not pick up too many cards and have a bit of luck. Keep working hard and let's see

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #35 by oddfellow
oddfellow replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Shaw Lane AFC
swampytheflavell, he looks handy, big strong, looks a left footer like to shoot from anywhere near the box, which is a good thing imo. looks a good signing

I have no idea what I am doing. But incompetence has never prevented me from plunging in with enthusiasm."

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #36 by albion forever
albion forever replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Shaw Lane AFC
Great result earned by a gritty and determined performance by every player. We can go on from this and put in a push for the title. We showed that they can be beaten and other teams will take heart from that and maybe do us a favour by beating them. This result gives us the confidence to go on and win more of the tricky games coming up. These players are superb, they just don't want to lose games. What a team. UTA

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #37 by WHS
WHS replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Shaw Lane AFC
Looked useful.
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #38 by WHS
WHS replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Shaw Lane AFC
Shaw are back at Wincham Park on the 1st March I think, I take it we will be cheering on our tenants?
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #39 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Shaw Lane AFC
Obviously a great win first half showing all the energy and skill that has impressed everyone this season and second half we showed the resilience to hold off a strong Shaw Lane outfit despite a couple of errors our defence were superb and whilst we arguably missed Brown how well did Lycett and Wilson play. SL no 9 looked a very good players big, strong and skillful I can see why they beat other teams so easily. It was a blow to see Wilson limping off and from then on really we just hung on strangely both teams playing better against the wind back in the mix now for the title but Shaw Lane will take some catching brilliant game to watch maybe not so good on the old ticker but the lads were superb well in to all of them. UTA

Witton Albion for Life UTA

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #40 by WHEELS
WHEELS replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Shaw Lane AFC
It was Williams who went off.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #41 by W.O
W.O replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Shaw Lane AFC
give me a bit more time and I,ll find something I can moan about.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #42 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Shaw Lane AFC
Thanks Derek I knew who I meant.

Witton Albion for Life UTA
The following user(s) said Thank You: WHEELS

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #43 by Knutsfordian
Knutsfordian replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Shaw Lane AFC
I think the SL No 9 was Allott - he scored loads of goals for Frickley and kept them up in the NPL almost single handed some years. Definitely a good player at this level and a real handful. I thought they were a good team and you could see what they were about and why they are top of the league

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #44 by WHEELS
WHEELS replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Shaw Lane AFC
Yes, it was Gavin Allott - I was surprised when he left Frickley to be honest. I thought they would struggle after he left them and yet they had their best season in years in 2015/16.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #45 by vi8
vi8 replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Shaw Lane AFC
No easy games WHS .Banana skins every where .From now each game is the final . UTA

Ave Witton.
We Love you.x

Time to create page: 0.781 seconds