Next Fixture

Buxton v. Witton Albion
3 days 12 hours and 06 minutes

Witton Albion vs Lincoln United

More
1 year 8 months ago #16 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Lincoln United
Initial thought is we wont win on Tuesday playing like that !!!

Witton Albion for Life UTA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago #17 by WHS
WHS replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Lincoln United
I agree CJ you have to play a pass or clearance in the GENERAL direction of a colleague which we did not!
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
1 year 8 months ago #18 by 2Trains1Bus
2Trains1Bus replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Lincoln United
Plenty of effort and commitment today by Witton, but seem to be missing the skill shown earlier in the season with the fast passing movements to feet rather than endless hoofs to nowhere in particular. Lincoln were equal to Witton today and deserved their point and with better finishing could have taken all three. Not expecting anything but defeat against Shaw Lane but this is Witton so who knows?

More
1 year 8 months ago #19 by marston mauler
marston mauler replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Lincoln United
I just think a combination of a bit of a lack in confidence and fear and all the fixtures piling up is leading to us not being able to play the pressing passing game with the swagger we were doing, and other teams like Lincoln today playing well against us. We are still more than capable of challenging for the title (as long as Shaw Lane lose a few, starting on Tuesday!) or at least making the playoffs COME ON THE ALBIOOOON!!

More
1 year 8 months ago #20 by Stevej1
Stevej1 replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Lincoln United
Clean sheet and crumpy proved a good stand in again. I do think we have changed our pressing passing style of football though! I think I saw 2 passes out of defence today! Not great! Midfield too many times we didn't complete a pass... never seen so many balls just hoofed forward from anywhere! Let's get back to playing football that's what gets up the goals and points. Some creativity from back to front please Carl
The following user(s) said Thank You: albion forever

More
1 year 8 months ago #21 by WHEELS
WHEELS replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Lincoln United
Update on Anthony Brown. Following the facial injury he sustained on Saturday, he has had nine stitches inserted at hospital.

More
1 year 8 months ago #22 by eligorton
eligorton replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Lincoln United
No video highlights ?

More
1 year 8 months ago #23 by WHEELS
WHEELS replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Lincoln United
That is currently under construction for when we change over to the new website.

More
1 year 8 months ago #24 by C.J.
Might be a struggle to find highlights ? plenty of lowlights though lol. Agree with others too many long balls and midfield passing not good in a game where we were getting bullied a bit i thought it strange to take Williams off and pair Haywood and Owens in the centre hardly pack a punch do they. In the match for Witton 2 certain penalties not given and 3 deliberate elbows all needing treatment to head injuries and one was pretty much an assault on Brown and deserved a red card. Lincoln however played pretty well even though they were a dirty team and could have won it overall a draw a fair result my star men Crump and Brown which says a lot. onto Tuesday now huge game I hope we can snap back into our A game. UTA

More
1 year 8 months ago #25 by WHS
A failure to get a result on Tuesday will almost certainly mean we will not catch Shaw, but surely we can play better than the last few matches?
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
1 year 8 months ago #26 by Hardly Athletic
Hardly Athletic replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Lincoln United
I do think that long ball gets you through this league but the start of the season saw us pressing and hustling the opposition with some quality / precision "long balls". At the moment it is completely aimless hoping for Rob to turn a hopeless ball into an opportunity. The back four have been great all season but at the moment we go long far too quickly. I realise that the season has taken a lot out of the players legs but a more composed style is surely the way forward

More
1 year 8 months ago #27 by C.J.
Most of the lads have not played for nearly 2 weeks so I dont think really think tiredness is a good reason, if anything we seem under-cooked and not playing the high tempo stuff and for sure our passing and touch looks rusty to me, I just hope we can be resilient and hard to beat on Tuesday and hope for a bit of match winning magic from our players we are certainly more than capable.

More
1 year 8 months ago #28 by witton massive77
witton massive77 replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Lincoln United

WHEELS wrote: Update on Anthony Brown. Following the facial injury he sustained on Saturday, he has had nine stitches inserted at hospital.

What a man! After getting treatment for the cut he came straight back on and won the the first header he was involved in.
It's that kind of commitment and dedication that will see us get promoted, even if the football isn't always eye catching.
UTA
The following user(s) said Thank You: albion forever

More
1 year 8 months ago #29 by WHS
Will he be fit for Tuesday? We need him.
WHS.

More
1 year 8 months ago #30 by john8b
john8b replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Lincoln United
One difference i have noticed from earlier in the season, we don't seem to be pressing as high up the field as we used to, trying to stop the opposition from starting any build up. We seem to concede the midfield now and don't press them until well into our own half,

Time to create page: 0.555 seconds