Next Fixture

Runcorn Linnets v. Witton Albion (PSF)
16 days 12 hours and 01 minutes

Witton Albion vs Warrington Town (CSC QF).

More
4 months 1 week ago #16 by Knutsfordian
Knutsfordian replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Warrington Town (CSC QF).
Not quite true WHS.

The reason most supporters have no interest in the CSC this year is that they are desperate for us to do well in the league and see the CSC and MCSC fixtures as a distraction from that goal. We are already into a 3 game per week scenario. Additional fixtures where players' tiredness, injuries and suspensions could possibly wreck a realistic attempt to get out of this league are not welcome or wanted by many supporters. The revenues received are also minimal and its doubtful whether last night's gate receipts covered the monetary costs of staging the game or justified the efforts of ground staff, stewards etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vi8, 2Trains1Bus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 1 week ago #17 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Warrington Town (CSC QF).
Normally I would agree with WHS on the CSC but the MCDFA cup is or should be redundant or at best a preseason tournie, but with our season and schedule as it is then He stands alone in wanting us to take this CSC match seriously most were glad to be out last night and even more pleased with no injuries to our main 11 to worry about. UTA

Witton Albion for Life UTA
The following user(s) said Thank You: vi8, 2Trains1Bus

More
4 months 1 week ago #18 by WHS
WHS replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Warrington Town (CSC QF).
I did not expect us to take the match more seriously. My point was and is that ALL cup competitions apart from the Champions League are treated with disdain by most clubs who could win it. Even the F A Cup is a distraction for virtually all the Premier League Clubs, even Newcastle with their great Cup history turned out their reserves.
WHS

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
4 months 1 week ago #19 by eligorton
eligorton replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Warrington Town (CSC QF).
The CSC lost it's flavour when the old Cheshire League went ! The Cheshire League was one of the best in the country , Rhyl,Bangor City and Stafford Rangers knew that !

Great times at Gresty Road watching the CSC Final !
The following user(s) said Thank You: C.J.

More
4 months 1 week ago #20 by Philrobbo
Philrobbo replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Warrington Town (CSC QF).
My first final 1960 61 season beat Hyde on a Monday night think the team was Park Elsby Higgins Dobson Waggy ( fine man ) Marsh Taylor Thomson Duffy Maclean Lee Think Witton were bottom or near to it that year . Best finale when we beat tha arabs again on a Monday night worse one when Winsford beat us .
The following user(s) said Thank You: eligorton

More
4 months 1 week ago #21 by eligorton
Think the Winsford one u refer to was 4-2 to Winsford. Cracking game a certain Nev Southall was absolutely brilliant in goal for Winsford !

More
4 months 1 week ago #22 by WHS
WHS replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Warrington Town (CSC QF).
1980 Eli and it was 1-4. Saw all the finals over the years even when I was playing Rugby or Football, the Final was the DAY, now it is sadly of little or no importance. As for Malcolm Wagstaffe, what a player and as you say, a lovely man to boot.
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
4 months 1 week ago #23 by eligorton
Stroke of luck getting Waggy - he was not suitable for the army because he had flat feet ( remember the way he ran ) ?
Signed from Droylsden as a wing half - had an awesome throw-in - then converted to centre back !

More
4 months 1 week ago #24 by Witton_Albion_fc
Witton_Albion_fc replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Warrington Town (CSC QF).
Before my time as a player but I got to know him when his son played for us in the 80s and he never missed a game home or away watching him. He was a smashing bloke.

More
4 months 1 week ago #25 by Paul S
Paul S replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Warrington Town (CSC QF).

Witton_Albion_fc wrote: Before my time as a player but I got to know him when his son played for us in the 80s and he never missed a game home or away watching him. He was a smashing bloke.

I remember Waggy playing for us in the 80's and I'm pretty sure he scored in the Lancashire Floodlit trophy which was the first major trophy I saw the Albs win (think the final was at Preston's old ground from memory??). His father was before my time too but Waggy Junior was definitely a striker and a good one at that. Think he came to us from Hyde. UTA

If I had the wings of a sparrow...

Time to create page: 0.326 seconds