Next Fixture

Witton Albion v. Matlock Town
0 days 10 hours and 32 minutes

Witton Albion vs Carlton Town.

More
11 months 10 hours ago #16 by WHS
WHS replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Carlton Town.
What was the difference with today's conditions and the conditions when we kicked off against Boston?

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 10 hours ago #17 by 2Trains1Bus
2Trains1Bus replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Carlton Town.

WHEELS wrote: With today's other results and our game not finishing, we have dropped down to 7th in the league.

On the plus side we are 14 points clear of the drop zone.:)

More
11 months 10 hours ago #18 by 2Trains1Bus
2Trains1Bus replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Carlton Town.

WHS wrote: What was the difference with today's conditions and the conditions when we kicked off against Boston?

Havn't the foggiest.:whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul S, Thatched tavern

More
11 months 8 hours ago #19 by WHS
Apparently the laws have changed re fog. Instead of being able to see both goals from the half way line it is now you must be able to see the diagonally opposite corner flag. Cannot find where this rule is written down.
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
11 months 6 hours ago #20 by JT
JT replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Carlton Town.
How do you know this WHS?

More
11 months 6 hours ago #21 by JT
Forgot to ask could you see both goals from the half way line as you are our resident fog monitor *insert smiley*

More
11 months 5 hours ago #22 by WHS
Certainly could JT. As for the rule, a seemingly knowledgeable gentleman explained it to me at the match. Personally I saw no real reason for calling it off, no one was in any danger and the ref could see his linesmen. It was the linesman on the stand side who said he could not see across the pitch apparently, must have worse eyesight than me. Still, Shaw Line dropped 2 points so not all bad.

WHS.

More
11 months 3 hours ago - 11 months 2 hours ago #23 by Paul S
Paul S replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Carlton Town.
Ive said it before - the "fog rule" is the most archaic one remaining in football. Anyone that has kicked a football in their lives knows when it has gone beyond being too foggy on the pitch to the extent that you can't see the ball coming towards you and/or most of your team mates. The "if you can see both goal posts from the half way line" and the "if you cant see the linesman" rule are both irrelevant imo. The referee applied common sense today and I have to say I think he probably got it right, even though I am incredibly annoyed and frustrated with our luck (or lack of) atm.

The difference between today and the Boston game is that there was no, or little, fog at ko today. Against Boston it was quite foggy from the start and stayed the same/got worse.

Can someone please switch the fog machine off now? UTA

If I had the wings of a sparrow...
Last Edit: 11 months 2 hours ago by Paul S.

More
11 months 3 hours ago #24 by Paul S
Paul S replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Carlton Town.

2Trains1Bus wrote:

WHS wrote: What was the difference with today's conditions and the conditions when we kicked off against Boston?

Havn't the foggiest.:whistle:

Im not sure whether to laugh at that statement or cry .sick

If I had the wings of a sparrow...

More
10 months 4 weeks ago #25 by WHS
It just seems to me that as usual different Ref have different rules that they go by, no consistency.
WHS.

More
10 months 4 weeks ago #26 by Eastdog
Eastdog replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Carlton Town.
Unfortunately the ref got it right. Fog was getting worse by the minute.
If witton were losing we'd have been calling for it to be abandoned
Attachments:

More
10 months 4 weeks ago #27 by Eastdog
Eastdog replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Carlton Town.
View from behind the goal
Attachments:

More
10 months 4 weeks ago #28 by WHS
Visibility was poor there is no doubt about it, I just wish there was some continuity in how the refs judge these things. Against Boston the Carlton ref would not have even started the game never mind let it go on until half time. The Boston ref said he could not see his linesmen, the Carlton Ref said his linesmen could not see the other side of the field so which rule do you apply. Certainly when I was involved in football it was the ability to see both goals from the half way line, now I am told you have to be able to see diagonally across the pitch but to be honest I have never seen anything in writing. In 1960 I went to see Everton play Spurs with Phil Chadwick, from the back of the stand behind one goal we could just make out the half way line but the game was played to a finish. (Spurs won and went on to do the double, hope we can do the same.) It is over now, so let us move on and hope for no more FOG!!!!
WHS.

More
10 months 4 weeks ago #29 by JT
Where there's fog the losing team are always going to want it called off.

Anyone else think their manager was a bit of a tonk?

More
10 months 4 weeks ago #30 by marston mauler
marston mauler replied the topic: Witton Albion vs Carlton Town.

WHS wrote: It just seems to me that as usual different Ref have different rules that they go by, no consistency.
WHS.

They need a foggometer.....

Time to create page: 0.585 seconds