TOPIC: Witton Albion vs Carlton Town.

Witton Albion vs Carlton Town. 1 year 11 months ago #16

• WHS
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Just call me "WHS"
  • Thank you received: 163
What was the difference with today's conditions and the conditions when we kicked off against Boston?
I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Witton Albion vs Carlton Town. 1 year 11 months ago #17

WHEELS wrote: With today's other results and our game not finishing, we have dropped down to 7th in the league.

On the plus side we are 14 points clear of the drop zone.:)

Witton Albion vs Carlton Town. 1 year 11 months ago #18

WHS wrote: What was the difference with today's conditions and the conditions when we kicked off against Boston?

Havn't the foggiest.:whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul S, Thatched tavern

Witton Albion vs Carlton Town. 1 year 11 months ago #19

• WHS
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Just call me "WHS"
Apparently the laws have changed re fog. Instead of being able to see both goals from the half way line it is now you must be able to see the diagonally opposite corner flag. Cannot find where this rule is written down.
WHS.
I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

Witton Albion vs Carlton Town. 1 year 11 months ago #20

• JT
  • Premier League
  • Premier League
  • Thank you received: 15
How do you know this WHS?

Witton Albion vs Carlton Town. 1 year 11 months ago #21

• JT
  • Premier League
  • Premier League
  • Thank you received: 15
Forgot to ask could you see both goals from the half way line as you are our resident fog monitor *insert smiley*

Witton Albion vs Carlton Town. 1 year 11 months ago #22

• WHS
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Just call me "WHS"
Certainly could JT. As for the rule, a seemingly knowledgeable gentleman explained it to me at the match. Personally I saw no real reason for calling it off, no one was in any danger and the ref could see his linesmen. It was the linesman on the stand side who said he could not see across the pitch apparently, must have worse eyesight than me. Still, Shaw Line dropped 2 points so not all bad.

WHS.

Witton Albion vs Carlton Town. 1 year 11 months ago #23

Ive said it before - the "fog rule" is the most archaic one remaining in football. Anyone that has kicked a football in their lives knows when it has gone beyond being too foggy on the pitch to the extent that you can't see the ball coming towards you and/or most of your team mates. The "if you can see both goal posts from the half way line" and the "if you cant see the linesman" rule are both irrelevant imo. The referee applied common sense today and I have to say I think he probably got it right, even though I am incredibly annoyed and frustrated with our luck (or lack of) atm.

The difference between today and the Boston game is that there was no, or little, fog at ko today. Against Boston it was quite foggy from the start and stayed the same/got worse.

Can someone please switch the fog machine off now? UTA
If I had the wings of a sparrow...

Last edit: by Paul S.

Witton Albion vs Carlton Town. 1 year 11 months ago #24

2Trains1Bus wrote:

WHS wrote: What was the difference with today's conditions and the conditions when we kicked off against Boston?

Havn't the foggiest.:whistle:

Im not sure whether to laugh at that statement or cry .sick
If I had the wings of a sparrow...

Witton Albion vs Carlton Town. 1 year 11 months ago #25

• WHS
  • Legend
  • Legend
  • Just call me "WHS"
It just seems to me that as usual different Ref have different rules that they go by, no consistency.
WHS.

Witton Albion vs Carlton Town. 1 year 11 months ago #26

}kw847'Cu'n籱LDBmaE~ R$w&왘 B*Du+ 6İoԧnxRoYc3Ma6%)͛д8ġK#W:jV<"B)Wq8N瓓Jd%8j6O` >vwQzrTKu`/#gj4fl\4;V(| IPZ(M-Bh(.L,cql:=0q ZSɔHL,]ێ7pb"BJpFsd_,0Ƣ>pcq)]To5hxTBeϹysrH \3ƣl g5Y(6W_rBPbu)Bčd~F`?!'tn};˫D`Hb]|D6 rTVIB93@y@=VFlu$YqE:+aCQ^ tmn:wa Rkʿ [Iʗ{Q0ϏRdB 8즘(X5$K9]~LR_T)粵.J d2K%p_g=ϑ) !I]]9%˝د49cfo;58'gnV|׼& 1CfX Hsp n~cfZ y GDTĚcFi=kS;=bt$9߹@< d%vvy[VԮo]CM"x@Ti #pzgC!əqx%~4̄C#ro#0*:5&hTtn rPq56Z0Owra?b2oL%Pĝ;HɁ*`Tr>GPUr)Qo5?% } >=FzsKkP_KOv!PGcZ24ܳ YB8hGU~_Az\J(duPy|1Һ]> &4O0|{W98t).xnլ*xT&<3Vc5`H  DB 7ugJ`ӧHaAAa3zFǶ{F3kw]5h VȐQڔG}4r<*vCto_<|stqryK}H"@0 ~8 d4"..߿z왢cI4hƀ3Stv{;K9QNX~۳G}T F@0 e0Ʈ;g!cɝ:>=:J_O/Rhz r/޾xrv( GG_0MJirFdIFA #QW?IԖէO/i]0 U0UXB}UeHWrxزvvv;FeYpI㉔0: agYbK_MxyӦ #9rJXp&XԲ2J_v rPZg@j|eMs÷.4YK0WEݙ@_}3_Dմ'_O{UZ'`J,qя?l@r(O_MUe|n.4 r|ZL;³惡XBAet7O/6>[l5 5]cmu|ikµG{FjJ1wtjF∺)|2SϡI[3ӣݸ%se>.>3c@LݹcC{n`5ZbKLRvX׬kTuu*SggV^k^E:׭ۮ^Soow9^~V]U^EM Cƿ~8!Fbx~>N{҃OwӁf("k3t@ c?rvI|VCwjcnGe |RGB+V.@=}XDh} $J8FjR5axHB{h\"Q[0-ΉƛT0isV$sxm$Or} dAzߎm~`#@N#$ >JS-߸)Ю(᳈ik!6䎛wEm>@a,ZN~H Y|Lǁ H񟴑 :!Pz^! ckT*Fn$L q0wP2eLʽ,P=2 7os\&Jd` B;}@V ؏^Fq("`ے:QZsl"^MWm!ȩz#Rs ;K{s so%a(a&ɻKoVYK]V?`&M2yt!erʲ( S!&`\1)&Nhn0tSfkL8a c"ЭM!$Թ()\ rl>+Ð{X̂jcNB)F"LXKU!P@jL9&Nw(]a(̱D#jšAT<z; j('-(gLa5Cq ؙ ܨjQLf%Nș:lఈ#x y%)!|;>t2Wf.L3@ v'Au)<ͨ~O k s vuC'qoAD@'28lԉ kۨ7m#nn6 `%'vMl:?<~xwcZ37q}JF0I@Y YƳuC `X_!0,(|sgmԿ7~0&$|b /bSېN^1c|rKF84V9Te-pLx8t>75&D4@PZ]BZ+KiWOI&2Boԛ/܋ԯ^l!AP΃dGEN| [WZv*`ϗRjQ\hP<SK`<++@ -ҿɓ3 +H@]ͤCfi?RcԔdC-nq?8p^z{Mݑ8 4>5Zk<'菋=_]z*`tʐOw3dv[#q{R.UY ̈́3G`0݀1a*ZmQ-Tww#KOSI1u6H$1}Cti?ySf|kLV1xm+ڎ ƐgvJ  i \( '"8 ZG`z6x0FA,Xf+)BrKP,r#I0HcOʰ{;,FKj1ْ yN-kǾ F,a[ R".M"W5]}rPX%Gmis¹csEc$r#n 3Omlm?&xg99oU6 8ͽLݐ>uP0 R4Hhi- K, /onY@RI2M 5yNQK[8} 6c}&NYf튂 ,-ר4lJ:D6l3Q/Ћ=sK9&激 -՘Ӓr?fmaLH+>RTTM, eqqE2: A4$(rw2yzȨ#"ZTQѐl~1#J8uJy]%g.cro{Ke֯R-Zd{N4_p 㤤bvhe[# F^Y/Z~W8SKJb9_ΗVXu=+h`% oUnv0C~ɐ: .J,y(Nv^J;8fAEyp*ZAcGD{}gK)ꢣ I3L2'ڻ78i4&!<&XTziXlu  wf5nmMKN^|U\ǺܙrZ5mfrt5k˂# gh,}ԏ%?kWQ]BV/uꗯQ[z\#/KL_Մ՚!>򮍋4w7FtۗoXܜ6vs{g6 ''-0);.[]>сg{oj_ϧE\€bQuӤ"U]n$pj[ 5sXH(>)4 ^ӷ;ΏkD^L5aO \<<7f1&%WQq 87 sֶ濽i Z/Ao&{s]ż?n'7揳?fO fދ}| nl닓&/MCVT}g=˵++}c#C㖅{p>4W;q+Q>- R{LPhƒx #i2vl[xt bEKfƃ7K- P.JT%ORv:6R-G8_.Tep6U7jB01B&;%|KjcQv6Ny>:$O@))U@r^ݒ9 tBA;9~]=DS9^Or"e{N9!nEԃT'`J@2W7j[c$/uHgrw…qJ`1fL"}:^b2Aƀ\N9piIJUV&U}m+p3w$Zy*ĕ"-H睷!^<$! ;Q|`--5nť :h7 R,kPؘw+iْ)2>oĄi9p/a1PUHe0BO~veQMˇG\©QZE=)&S[f/.9T,GI=ƁVՌRF&QVŮ4;ŲRcf H{j`!  Rxq*+@j.x SH+F3۫OjY>FUr<1UaiSD0/Y74NkB8{gN=Uԉ_=v_Mp8}ɯuppJy)gT(NI_lu0n$@SkS[.Ir.B-Ys쩰:ʬkO6afSn %/ʱgip$,MñkkhRaK~(N`H6Tj474b h> GSf"0F;L5w]9j1>L#[o<5;BZ q"냮 5wfv )&մ(qPkn$~#G'w$%x:`!;GD-t2ޑ5ćG~iQnCyM.{Z4ĥs@*}'sg7ؙ˕k;r{!۬&T; ef !w(-(YSaup(iJEE-W6v)u3 >V4mc\ϕ4| /؝ *9t'bykRڔ^mKy>-8h?c?ڇ/lVwwg@~`lV`C"}E20L8sy-w{J/Q6LkW1u{A *PVb[씦MDlꃍQUWg"68#vʮ`Tp2#NjcX FE❚5v4k H=NK31Kص~‚&u"Qt]AF>`:. C< P!;6#+7)$apB#?1&@ HX!CJ:`BƎ5f.t>~o^c"@ѝ @wo? paHhLp(}dz؜my>0\]_҂v0ĭeS\c$ 4N%!ޜZ9Zckm7rN {qi^ܞAz?]T]STX{t¯q(YDPȃ 6@klScl:j* lTP8Ȭ׶i\#hGqp8RCʄ3t8򠟽z`I1C!kWT*KPl,NӛqizZO~=k>4ʉ" #t_EjRMR-`h)ئh(%dJBmL)9{rBn|W?~ َzrh{43a=~#aSJ7)Donl4nvL8lg̤3`iѺG9^N^œ)(:xʝOJ3 ;S}~;wT܂msyJw V820rC.V0q;-^xzHz8NI,Fc?j( ;@xe%do)2?[]龌==T"b$]Q F!{a$]-b>?cnS#U"%${Ty$Nr/ﰟ },|>gc_14}+f9)7腆 Q,2jXj}**?[gT7a%?+freX%ɓQqNMS ({ ei7U-?*)x8 pQM)^Pu=2Yǃ::ÿzbNIs1 ?O|7@f`P* +YThj*J=HVxr܄ 8~kh3RTB4/\'o>zyCOg/Пegrf<Ϛ|8A 5˟ڡbnA>K΁s(t<}Fw}߼logJ2/'&/'}(zWD_=E\Z1^̉ eNV]IJ@K`ӹrJ =<.tˇop\hnvwhrȱU} D7e `1N\i{"o<r/|DRF:<_'lo7Zd9 9~$,:.y Dqݥ\xi1tUb+j$PnѴfI`߿}hH'E!-vo6U~U.m}N f %GUI P0@e \_~\O[!JS'dcXA)8/h+LW1_I;kZ}htNsw tۻ{{]=l华mIUW#p.D^m#N٣ 9 wK_^>m\Ôk .-DL{T{ct x/Hor`4 $hP4c#S y4!}Np%k:ODZbd.i-X\٣1vfLo׌-Z3ŷI3&_ߌ$$;i KsI3VbfLZ3X9["Kvq"Nߥ$X08SZBlA.U'!5lEj V]~p34p&E՗{`ҟuI+E羔[:;JfHW⧖IrXxLx(_E_ivgT3X