Next Fixture

Buxton v. Witton Albion
3 days 10 hours and 00 minutes

Witton Albion vs Northwich Villa(MCSC)

More
7 years 1 month ago #1 by WHEELS
WHEELS created the topic: Witton Albion vs Northwich Villa(MCSC)
Witton team:

Lewis Reid, Matt Woolley, Josh Glover, Brian Pritchard, Adam Bayley, Dean Ennion, Tom Swann, Tom Schofield, Dominic Randle, Mike Moseley, Jack Woolley.

Subs Used: Jamie Harrison for Brian Pritchard(32mins), Mark Buchan for Dominic Randle(HT), Rob Massey for Lewis Reid(90mins).

Scorers: Jamie Harrison(71,89), Mike Moseley(77), Tom Swann(107).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Club Shop Online

Check out the great range of goods on sale at the Witton Albion Club Shop.

More
7 years 1 month ago #2 by WHS
WHS replied the topic: Re: Witton Albion vs Northwich Villa(MCSC)
I do hope Pritch is okay. Hopefully he has been watching the Jump Jockeys who when they fall off in the "country" stay down so they can get a ride back in an ambulance!! Seriously, all the very best Pritch, the legs may have gone but the football brain is still functioning well given the results you are getting for our team, long may it continue.
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
7 years 1 month ago #3 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: Re: Witton Albion vs Northwich Villa(MCSC)
An error strewn game on an awful night, glad the lads won they put a lot of effort in on the night- always nice to beat a northwich team in green white, hope pritch is ok heard it was a torn hamstring ? well done to Tony Ennion and his boys

Witton Albion for Life UTA

More
7 years 1 month ago #4 by WHS
As a team the performance was not great but you could not fault the effort, however it was an awful night and the late kick off cannot have helped.I have to say there were some very encouraging performances from a few of the team, bodes well for the future, well done Mr. Ennion.
WHS.

I have been retired for 8 years now and I can confirm two things; You cannot work out how you found time to go to work and it is wonderful to be TOTALLY in charge of your life, with the wife's permission of course. Read me in the Our Town magazine.

More
7 years 1 month ago #5 by Thatched tavern
Thatched tavern replied the topic: Re: Witton Albion vs Northwich Villa(MCSC)
Just a note on this:

This was a 1st team game, albeit it was made up of 1st team players/1st team fringe players/some promising reserves.

As such, Brian picked the team.

Six out of seven dwarfs arn't happy

More
7 years 1 month ago #6 by Robbo_
Robbo_ replied the topic: Re: Witton Albion vs Northwich Villa(MCSC)
For me this competition hit a new low last night. Our opposition were only interested in kicking people and baiting the crowd. I sincerely hope they aren't invited into the competition next season.

From a Witton perspective it showed great character to recover from the loss of Pritch and going behind twice.

It was great to see Mike get back on the score sheet, and Jamie Harrison's performance was sensational.

Some great goals in a gritty performance.

More
7 years 1 month ago #7 by Dann
Dann replied the topic: Re: Witton Albion vs Northwich Villa(MCSC)
Mate having to do some work at the s**thole across the canal just text me after talking to Jim Rushe and other management. They're all not happy that we put out a "full strength" team against the "V*cs reserves" just so we "could get one over"

Now I've looked at the team that was selected, given at the top of this topic. Hmmm...

More
7 years 1 month ago #8 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: Re: Witton Albion vs Northwich Villa(MCSC)
Not suprised at V*** response they are such bad losers, might be worth letting them know that not one player out of the entire squad will currently make the start 11 of our 1st team - although 2-3 are very good squad members and might break through at some stage, also add that Jamie Harrison had a superb impact and his free kicks were stunning - he may well push for a 1st team place when fully fit, not sure about the youngsters Mossely and Pritchard tho ;)

Witton Albion for Life UTA

More
7 years 1 month ago #9 by WHS
I was coplimenting Mr. Ennion on the players from the reserves who performed last night, I know it was a first team game. When will you all start to hate Vics as much as I do? I would rather we played in the NorthWest Counties and Vics folded than to allow them to escape their just fate by playing at our ground. They have gained all of their success by renaging on their debts leaving hundreds of people out of pocket, time they paid their dues and went under leaving our great little club to show the people of Northwich how a club should be run.
WHS.

More
7 years 1 month ago #10 by Robbo_
If you must spend the majority of your time discussing Vics then please keep it to the Other Teams section.

I don't see what your comment has to do with last night's game (other than one line at the start)?

Thanks.

More
7 years 1 month ago #11 by marston mauler
marston mauler replied the topic: Re: Witton Albion vs Northwich Villa(MCSC)
But this game was agin them ovver thi-er, someone had heard they were exibiting bad losing characteristics, we whupped em.....a mention of them on a match against them????????

More
7 years 1 month ago #12 by Robbo_
Northwich Vics are playing at Burscough tonight.

We played last night against Northwich VILLA.

I saw no sign of Andy Preece or Andy Morrison.

They are 2 seperate teams.

Let's keep it relevant.

More
7 years 1 month ago #13 by oddfellow
oddfellow replied the topic: Re: Witton Albion vs Northwich Villa(MCSC)
but a Mr J rushe was in atendence apparantly throwing his weight around, even though he has nothing to do with the Villa :whistle:

I have no idea what I am doing. But incompetence has never prevented me from plunging in with enthusiasm."

More
7 years 1 month ago #14 by Thatched tavern
Thatched tavern replied the topic: Re: Witton Albion vs Northwich Villa(MCSC)
Calm Down!

I received this email from Northwich Villa's secretary tonight:

Thanks very much Jeff, it was good of you to take charge of this and thanks for looking after me so well.

I hope Pritch will be ok, he looked in agony.

That is the first time I have been 'behind the scenes' at Witton and have to say you have some good people volunteering for your Club. I hope you enjoy the Cup game on Saturday.

All the best

Vicki

Six out of seven dwarfs arn't happy

More
7 years 1 month ago #15 by The Dodger
The Dodger replied the topic: Re: Witton Albion vs Northwich Villa(MCSC)
I spoke to this lady and she was very complimentary about our club and it's facilities. She was impressed with the pedigree of our management team.
JR did swan about like he owned the place but presumably he has perfected that art over the canal.

Time to create page: 0.565 seconds