Next Fixture

No events

Witton v Nantwich

More
7 years 9 months ago #1 by Tongue_of_Fury
Tongue_of_Fury created the topic: Witton v Nantwich
Finished Witton 0 Nantwich 1 from my point of view a very positive performance, could not pick any major faults. I heard we have 3 or 4 first team prospects on holiday so to be honest I was delighted. Great to see Frosty looking sharp, I guess with not too much to pick fault with is probably why I'm the first to post about this match.

I never apologise, I'm sorry, that's just the way I am.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Club Shop Online

Check out the great range of goods on sale at the Witton Albion Club Shop.

More
7 years 9 months ago #2 by The_Wincham_Rabbit
The_Wincham_Rabbit replied the topic: Re: Witton v Nantwich
Lots of positives I would say, the 1-0 defeat meant very little, there was nothing between the sides, we learnt as much from the game as we would have done by winning 1-0.

Fitness levels looked pretty good on a hot day for football. First 15/20 minutes was probably our best period. I thought Warner, Kearney, Macca all looked first rate. Macca does not know the meaning of the word 'friendly' and was putting in some strong challenges all over the pitch.

Frosty looks fit as a butchers dog, probably in better shape than he has ever been and he was unlucky not to get on the score sheet when he came on. Nice to see Adam Foy who also looked sharp and also good to see Ryan back at the club.

Pick of the new players for me is Canning, I think he could be a great asset. Smith looked pretty good too, strong and fast.

It would be harsh to judge any of the young lads at this stage, they need encouragement and to play some games of football together. I think several could be good prospects and they need to be given time. We have another 10 pre-season games scheduled so come the end of August we'll know a lot more.

On the evidence of today we have the basis of a good side and should have no problems in this league.

I saw my mate the other day, he said to me he'd seen the white Pele, so I asked who is he.....?
......he goes by the name of Mike Moseley, Mike Moseley, Mike Moseley, he goes by the name of Mike Moseley!

More
7 years 9 months ago #3 by C.J.
C.J. replied the topic: Re: Witton v Nantwich
Goodish display, pritch, kierney , macca, frosty the pick for me hard to judge anybody this early and in that heat as well so I will keep my reservations to myself and look forward to seeing the rest of the squad when they join up, nantwich might struggle in the premier if thats all they have, thought we were the better team overall :)

Witton Albion for Life UTA

More
7 years 9 months ago #4 by Mario Kempes
Mario Kempes replied the topic: Re: Witton v Nantwich
Very enjoyable game on a hot day.Great to see Carl and Adam back at the club.Lets hope they both have a good pre-season because they could be two great signings.

Talking of great signings Carlsberg Export is making a comeback behind the bar.

More
7 years 9 months ago #5 by jono
jono replied the topic: Re: Witton v Nantwich
anyone know the Att?

they love him at scotland yard.

More
7 years 9 months ago #6 by Dann
Dann replied the topic: Re: Witton v Nantwich
Think the Att was 152 but not certain.

It was an entertaining game and i think we were unlucky to lose in the end, not that it matters much.

Time to create page: 0.585 seconds